Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Mount, Amass, Collyer are like new signings. Amass is instantly ahead of Malacia. ** Not sure how Collyer and Mount will fit into the same midfield with Mainoo and Bruno. Right side has to be Amad’s now, surely. Rashford and Garnacho can battle it out for the left.

This tour has at least brought forward into real consideration two youth players, with several others not that far behind.

Maybe Wheatley can make more of his next chance because we still need an additional striker, and that’s with Højlund.

Still need to get a CB over the line, and a true defensive midfielder.

**even when fit
Wheatley has all the tools but may need a championship loan this season, we clearly need 3 Centre Forwards as one will inevitably always be injured. I have a sneaking suspicion we will get Toney, either last week of window or in January. As soon as Hojlund came off the dynamic of the game changed and Mejbri just looks lost, needs to be sold for his own career to develop.

Only watched the highlights but looked like the performance level was good from the team. It was a well taken goal from Hojlund and we were unlucky to concede the equaliser. Really not fussed about 2nd half as it’s not the main team.

More concerned about the injuries. Hopefully both are okay but fans are going to have to be forgiven if they get a sense of Deja vu with injuries if it’s two down again.

I only watched the first half, which was a decent watch. 50/50 match tbh.

But the pitch looked like it was made with carpet squares. After Hojlund’s injury it was giving me anxiety just watching them play.

Watched from the moment Yoro came of with the injury and United were dominated for the rest of the game. Commentators kept saying the first 30 odd minutes were very good and I read that here also. Just my luck!

The fact that United go to USA for pre season is purely financial gain, as this turf costs you another 2 injuries. Tough act to balance earning top dollar and gaining maximum fitness in pre season I guess..

I tried to stay awake, but fell asleep like 1 hour from start. Then i wake up on the sofa cursing while finding highlights of the game then i see that we get injuries on Højlund and Yoro.

Fecking atrocious start for the sunday..

Watched from the moment Yoro came of with the injury and United were dominated for the rest of the game. Commentators kept saying the first 30 odd minutes were very good and I read that here also. Just my luck!

The fact that United go to USA for pre season is purely financial gain, as this turf costs you another 2 injuries. Tough act to balance earning top dollar and gaining maximum fitness in pre season I guess..
United were very good for the first 15-20. Losing Hojlund and Yoro changed it, but ten hag did make a bizzare choice of putting Hannibal up top. It was genuinely like playing with 10 men I don't know why he did it.

Then more green academy kids plus 3 players in the shop window came on for the second half, so you can foresee us losing that.

United were very good for the first 15-20. Losing Hojlund and Yoro changed it, but ten hag did make a bizzare choice of putting Hannibal up top. It was genuinely like playing with 10 men I don't know why he did it.

Then more green academy kids plus 3 players in the shop window came on for the second half, so you can foresee us losing that.
I think he put Hannibal on (and this defender for Yoro) because they were not suppose to play in the second half, as players only play max. 45 minutes this game. More sticking to the game plan and now only having 2 strikers available in this tour.

What a crock of shit.
Exactly the same as before.

As predicted we'll play the exact same as last year pick up the same injuries and finish mid table again.

NEW CONTRACT

Result doesnt really matter, i only watched some highlights but we looked more compact through the middle from what i could see, is that accurate? Arsenal will be in the hunt next year and it looked like they put a strong side out for most of it so its a good test, and it didnt look as though they made the same level of changes as us as early on.

I fell asleep with 20 minutes to go, thought in the first half before Rasmus went off we were by far the better team.

Amass looked very good and I would be happy for him to be backup LB for the team, great on the ball and defended well for the most part.

Feel like he’s really the only youth player who will make the first team this season, maybe there’s a place for Collyer.

It’s a few pre season games, but I said that after a few last year and we went into the season and it was awful.

Only pre season but from what I have seen so far Casemiro is 100 per cent done at this level. Shame because he was brilliant first season. But we can’t go into next season with him as our starting DM. Maguire and Antony again not good enough. Time to just be ruthless and get rid of the deadwood. Positives were Mount, Amass and Amad. Going to be another long season ahead if we don’t get this deadwood shifted. Tuchel, Poch, Nagelsman whoever would struggle with this squad

Apart from the first 15 mins and last 15 mins of the 90, we were 2nd best and huffed and puffed, struggling to break out from Arsenal’s dominance.
Unlucky that Arsenal’s first goal (the equaliser) was off-side.
Despite a good effort from Collier, in the first half, our lack of central midfield strength was again glaringly obvious.
Casemiro looks to have lost a lot of weight, but it hasn’t stopped him being slow.

Again clear as day the issue is a lack of midfielders, and we never priorities this area. Why can't manchester united have a great midfield?

Friendly my ass.... Ask Mount if it was one .. they kicked everything in a blue shirt ffs..
Why play on a crappy service.. pluses Rashford looked OK. Amass , Amad looked OK Mount was OK as well... hope the injuries are not serious

Apart from the first 15 mins and last 15 mins of the 90, we were 2nd best and huffed and puffed, struggling to break out from Arsenal’s dominance.
Despite a good effort from Collier, in the first half, our lack of central midfield strength was again glaringly obvious.
Casemiro looks to have lost a lot of weight, but it hasn’t stopped him being slow.

We were the better team in the first half. Arsenal at points had a few spells of good possession with one leading to their goal but we looked more dangerous in terms of cutting through them and had good passages of play as well.

Second half if was effectively our Under 23s vs a much stronger Arsenal team.

Sounds like nearly every single game last season.

My thoughts exactly. I would have preferred to stay in England (or play out in the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Germany) for our preseason.

This happens to us each and every season lately.
Our season always starts on a bad note.

For those who said we chose US for financial reason, is holding preseasom really that profitable? Football isnt even a main sport there.

The fact we keep going back should answer that question to be fair. It wouldn't be done if it wasn't profitable, it's not for the love of the American fanbase.

For those who said we chose US for financial reason, is holding preseasom really that profitable? Football isnt even a main sport there.
It is very profitable. Main sport or not, it is huge, rich country with big population. The events are well-attended, sponsors love US tours, and lots of shirts are sold.

Soccer may not be the main sport, but it is still very popular and teams like Manchester United and Liverpool have huge fanbases in the US

We were the better team in the first half. Arsenal at points had a few spells of good possession with one leading to their goal but we looked more dangerous in terms of cutting through them and had good passages of play as well.

Second half if was effectively our Under 23s vs a much stronger Arsenal team.
No, we definitely weren't. We were pretty good in the first 10 minutes, then Arsenal completely took over and had the vast majority of possession. After that, we struggled to string together passes, push Arsenal back, and create anything aside from counterattacking.

We still struggle to create any chances without hitting teams on the break. There is still no sign of us even wanting to dominate possession or dictate the tempo of any match we play, unless it's against a team that's content with parking the bus.

I don't get it. I watched the highlights earlier and it stopped with us losing 1-2. Did they miss the ending?
Just like last year's friendly against Arsenal, they did a penalty shootout at the end regardless of the result at full time.

It's just so both teams get to practice penalties. No real significance.

Seriously though. We haven’t a good midfield for 15-20 years.

I think it's mostly balance, the most recent seasons that have shown a balance midfield were Pogba-Matic-Herrera and more recently Casemiro-Eriksen.

Between Mainoo, Bruno, Mount and Casemiro there's no balance at all.

No, we definitely weren't. We were pretty good in the first 10 minutes, then Arsenal completely took over and had the vast majority of possession. After that, we struggled to string together passes, push Arsenal back, and create anything aside from counterattacking.

We still struggle to create any chances without hitting teams on the break. There is still no sign of us even wanting to dominate possession or dictate the tempo of any match we play, unless it's against a team that's content with parking the bus.

Agree to disagree. Before the Rasmus injury we looked way more dangerous than Arsenal. After the injury Arsenal gained more control yet still it was fairly even in terms of attacking opportunities. Second half was mainly our Under 21s so I'm not even paying too much attention to that half. The first half was a good half bearing in mind the players who were playing and the injuries.

My thoughts exactly. I would have preferred to stay in England (or play out in the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Germany) for our preseason.
Clubs like Ajax stay in Europe, play more games of which some have longer halves so they can really test all players. United’s first team players basically have only 3 friendlies before the season starts, which is crazy really.

Wheatley has all the tools but may need a championship loan this season, we clearly need 3 Centre Forwards as one will inevitably always be injured. I have a sneaking suspicion we will get Toney, either last week of window or in January. As soon as Hojlund came off the dynamic of the game changed and Mejbri just looks lost, needs to be sold for his own career to develop.

We need more than two players who are able to play CF, yes. But we don't need three centre forwards who are only centre forwards. That'd be a waste, and a recipe for discontent.

Clubs like Ajax stay in Europe, play more games of which some have longer halves so they can really test all players. United’s first team players basically have only 3 friendlies before the season starts, which is crazy really.

If true, that's mental.

More games means more players (regulars as well as fringe) will get minutes which I think is very important.