Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Look in the bright side, Ashworth and Co will see we need upgrades.
Everyone in and around the club knows we need upgrades but for that to happen we need outgoings.

Also would be good fanbase realise that the likes of AWB, McTom are really poor players.

I feel bad for him, we're leaving him swinging in the breeze against Martinelli, who would be a handful even for our first choice fullback, let alone a youth team player being asked to do an unfamiliar job.
Yea he's been hung out to dry by both Antony and Oyedele.

Yea he's been hung out to dry by both Antony and Oyedele.
The "fans" on Twitter are already piling in and writing Scanlon off because he dared play out of position in his first game against serious opposition, in a role he has literally never played before. Properly stitched up by Ten Hag and the others around him.

ETH must be told in no uncertain terms you pick Antony in any starting 11you pick up your P45. The side this half is reminiscent of last year’s, badly coached, can’t keep the ball and no creativity and penetration, have we actually had a shot on target this half ?

The only good thing about today’s game Dan Ashworth, Wilcox , Brailsford and Berrada are all present to see just how many players we need, and how many players we still need to get rid of?

It’s just a friendly but losing is a habit that ETH has become all too familiar with, 3 pre season Games, 2 defeats already!

Maybe

Based on what I have seen, however, I would prefer to see Maxi start in midfield over McT in any game, and McT has some value in the market, so why not sell him and finance one of the many players we need to buy?

Yes, but there is a reason someone may pay £25m for McTominay and wouldn’t for Oyedele. The guy is limited but scores goals at PL level and International football. He’s essentially a Fellaini.

Sancho dribbling into a wall and Antony trying to robben every kick.

Sub them off. Just to send a damn message.

ETH must be told in no uncertain terms you pick Antony in any starting 11you pick up your P45. The side this half is reminiscent of last year’s, badly coached, can’t keep the ball and no creativity and penetration, have we actually had a shot on target this half ?

The only good thing about today’s game Dan Ashworth, Wilcox , Brailsford and Berrada are all present to see just how many players we need, and how many players we still need to get rid of?

It’s just a friendly but losing is a habit that ETH has become all too familiar with, 3 pre season Games, 2 defeats already!
We beat Arsenal last summer and it meant nothing. Today’s game also means nothing.

Welp, we beat Arsenal last year and ended up having a miserable season, whereas they went on to challenge for a title (and as always bottle it), so maybe us losing this time will give us a better season than them this time around :)

The "fans" on Twitter are already piling in and writing Scanlon off because he dared play out of position in his first game against serious opposition, in a role he has literally never played before. Properly stitched up by Ten Hag and the others around him.
Yea, I wouldn't pay any attention to those lot. There's some on here too slating him and it shows that they don't watch youth football.

We beat Arsenal last summer and it meant nothing. Today’s game also means nothing.

I still remember that summer when we played some cracking football in the friendlies - and then started the season by losing to Swansea

There's nothing wrong with the pitch: it's grass laid over the artificial pitch. It's not cutting up, it's not loose.
The pitch was awful. As most temporary installations are.

Calm down. It’s just a friendly. We played a second half with all youth players, against a handful of first teamers. It’s meaningless to draw anything from this.

i swear we look so disorganized defensively
Same Coach, Same Zonal marking, same 35-40% loss rate incoming, ETH will be gone by Xmas unless he changes an awful lot of his footballing principles.

Amad and Mount stand out players of first half.

Eriksen the best of the second half.

We need to sell Antony, Sancho, Case now. I don't care about the transfer fee. Get those fecking wages off our books.

Youth team players have filled in for absences during pre-season forever. If anything he should be grateful to on tour at all.

Not particularly important. It is annoying that a lot of the same issues were the cause of it but hey, believe in the manager I suppose.

Yes, but there is a reason someone may pay £25m for McTominay and wouldn’t for Oyedele. The guy is limited but scores goals at PL level and International football. He’s essentially a Fellaini.
True and that is why it could be a win-win for all parties involved. We shouldn't be dependent on McT's goals, and instead strengthen other areas so that we don't concede as many goals as we did last year. For us goals should come from numerous other forwards we have, doing their damned jobs :) That is, if we want to be a top 4 team.

You would also agree that no top 4 team would sign McT, wouldn't you? And there is a reason for that as well :)

They've just run away with the league, winning a treble at under 18s level.

How about keeping your ignorance to yourself
What a brain death post, in any case they lack quality as is the rest of our team. I have seen City's kids do way better in this preseason

Well, not a scintillating match. If anyone wondered how we'd fare with half our team and half youth, now they know. Also today was a bit of Bruno Appreciation Day.

Thank feck the transfer window is still open.

We really have to turn the page on some of these players. I'm afraid we're never going to look coherent with Onana in the back, sorry Onana fan(s). It's quicker to list the players who should stay.

All that aside, I was happy with Amad, Amass, Collyer, Mount, Højlund. Those will be part of regular match day squads. For the rest, this is/was just a fun holiday.

feck off with that. Stitched up? He got to play with the first team in pre-season. 3 players on the bench that didn't despite us making 12 changes.

The pitch was awful. As most temporary installations are.

Calm down. It’s just a friendly. We played a second half with all youth players, against a handful of first teamers. It’s meaningless to draw anything from this.

The pitch is a bit slow but the ball has moved fine. It hasn’t bobbled, the turf hasn’t cut up.

Welp, we beat Arsenal last year and ended up having a miserable season, whereas they went on to challenge for a title (and as always bottle it), so maybe us losing this time will give us a better season than them this time around :)
Is not just about losing, the football we are playing is taking us no where. We need to keep the ball better and ETH needs to rethink his whole transition football nonsense.