Arsenal - 2024/25

Count me in on the Arsenal fans that would never swap. I dont like Bruno's attitude on the pitch. Not a player I ever cast envious' eyes on. He is a good player individually. Creates loads...but no thanks. The one player I would have taken last year is Dalot. All your other players, I think we either had our version or we had a better one. This season is another season though...and football changes quickly.
:lol: Come on, have a bit of self awareness.

And the CL. I thought they were genuinely unimpressive in the CL last year. They had all their eggs in one basket, which their direct competitors didn't.
Agree, we didn't play well overall in the CL.Hope we string together some better performances this year. Ultimately, we need to play better in non-league matches. We should have won that cup tie against Pool as well.

:lol: Come on, have a bit of self awareness.
That Pool game on its own would have been enough for me to say he is definitely not captain material. Dropping the shoulders and moaning isnt something i look for. We all have moments of self doubt but his reactions on the pitch are not what I want to see in our players, and we have had some previous questionable characters in recent years...

And the CL. I thought they were genuinely unimpressive in the CL last year. They had all their eggs in one basket, which their direct competitors didn't.

Yeah, I felt they did fine in the groups, but were very poor vs Porto and then shat the bed vs Bayern. You'd expect an improved showing this season with that CL experience behind them.

The way we approached that Porto game was terrible. We got through it but we were playing them like we were playing Real and we ended up playing into their hands. Most of the performances to be honest were not great. There was a loss to Lens in there as well. I would like to see more positive approach in general rather than this cagey stuff that can go 50-50.

Yup, absolutely no world where I'd take Bruno either. All our press is led by Odegaard, whether we are winning or losing or in the first minute or the last, the guy doesn't stop pressing. Bruno's attitude is absolutely horrendous and he's someone totally inappropriate in a possession system.

Mainoo though I'd take anyday.

Yup, absolutely no world where I'd take Bruno either. All our press is led by Odegaard, whether we are winning or losing or in the first minute or the last, the guy doesn't stop pressing. Bruno's attitude is absolutely horrendous and he's someone totally inappropriate in a possession system.

Mainoo though I'd take anyday.
Yes, he would be the other I would look at. Probably too young to put into a league challenge, but he is maturing quickly.

He's spent a fortune to be nearly rans.
Spent a fortune competing with a state, cheating club with 115 charges against them. In a just fair world we'd dominated the last 2 years and would be in line to win 3 in a row, which not even Wenger had done.

Instead we won nothing and a club who should be relegated, sanctioned continues to be praised by the media as something special.

Unreal I am arguing this with a United fan.

Spent a fortune competing with a state, cheating club with 115 charges against them. In a just fair world we'd dominated the last 2 years and would be in line to win 3 in a row, which not even Wenger had done.

Instead we won nothing and a club who should be relegated, sanctioned continues to be praised by the media as something special.

Which criminal syndicate stopped you from winning the Champions League:confused:

Arsenal have been unfortunate to come good when they have. However, still not dominant enough as a side. If you’re not breaking 90pts it’s not quite enough. Klopp broke 90pts 3 times - 99,97,92 - winning one league. Those tallies would win the league last two seasons.

Arteta needs to break 90. That has to be his aim. It’s tough but that’s how it works these days.

That Pool game on its own would have been enough for me to say he is definitely not captain material. Dropping the shoulders and moaning isnt something i look for. We all have moments of self doubt but his reactions on the pitch are not what I want to see in our players, and we have had some previous questionable characters in recent years...
He's a great captain and one freak occurrence, that is over magnified because of the context and because it's Utd, doesn't change that. If you don't feel he'd fit in tactically in your team that's fine (though I'm pretty certain any top manager would take him and make it work, as they do with any top player), but this is somewhat ridiculous - he's much more of a leader than most of your players.

It's also hilarious that you would highlight his moaning when your team is full of moaners, Odegaard being at the top of that list. And I'm sure you consider him to be a great captain.
Yeah, I felt they did fine in the groups, but were very poor vs Porto and then shat the bed vs Bayern. You'd expect an improved showing this season with that CL experience behind them.
They were poor in the knock-out games and were ok in the groups - they also lost to Lens and drew to PSV. Overall their European season was underwhelming, which is not great when you're calling yourself "one of the top teams in Europe" as most of their fans do. This, coupled with the early exits in domestic cups, also gives a bit more context to their season last year.

I believe they'll be better in Europe this year though.

Did City put you out all the cups?

He's a great captain and one freak occurrence, that is over magnified because of the context and because it's Utd, doesn't change that. If you don't feel he'd fit in tactically in your team that's fine (though I'm pretty certain any top manager would take him and make it work, as they do with any top player), but this is somewhat ridiculous - he's much more of a leader than most of your players.

It's also hilarious that you would highlight his moaning when your team is full of moaners, Odegaard being at the top of that list. And I'm sure you consider him to be a great captain.

They were poor in the knock-out games and were ok in the groups - they also lost to Lens and drew to PSV. Overall their European season was underwhelming, which is not great when you're calling yourself "one of the top teams in Europe" as most of their fans do. This, coupled with the early exits in domestic cups, also gives a bit more context to their season last year.

I believe they'll be better in Europe this year though.
Odegaard is an ok captain...he does it through performing and giving it all on the pitch. I prefer a more vocal one, but he is fine. His attitude doesn't stink when the chips are down.

Again, this is a situation where many of your own fans were asking to see him removed as captain, even a club legend or two? With that in mind I am not sure how you could be too surprised us Arsenal fans wouldn't want the switch when a portion of your own fans are willing to see him replaced as captain and maybe sold all together.

Speaking of poor captains....how on earth did Chelsea think Enzo would be a good pick? That was stunning. I may be revising my view on their trajectory pretty soon already. Anyway, I am glad we do not have that drama. PEA was another poor captain...but we have had a few over the years.

Odegaard is an ok captain...he does it through performing and giving it all on the pitch. I prefer a more vocal one, but he is fine. His attitude doesn't stink when the chips are down.

Again, this is a situation where many of your own fans were asking to see him removed as captain, even a club legend or two? With that in mind I am not sure how you could be too surprised us Arsenal fans wouldn't want the switch when a portion of your own fans are willing to see him replaced as captain and maybe sold all together.
The "club legends" are incredibly negative about anything related to Utd. It's quite unique in that regard.

"Your own fans" is a vocal range of people on here - and in fairness, every club has them. Loads of your fans want Arteta gone, so what? People in general are morons.

Bruno is an incredible player and a great captain, which has been highlighted by all those (players or media) with actual contacts in the club.

Same answer as before. We have different and differing opinions. A bigger club like United has huge number of fans across the world and not having won the league for 11 years, fans feel frustrated, upset and may have opinions which to against the grain. We brought poorly in the last decade excluding a couple of excellent buys of which Bruno is one.

A team like yours which is happy being also rans for over 2 decades and living in their own echo chambers when majority of your fans wanted Arteta out just a couple of seasons ago and then fanning over him have the audacity to say no Arsenal fans are willing to swap. Jog on.

You miss the point.
Nobody is saying we are not willing to upgrade on Odegaard if an opportunity arises.
The point is no Arsenal fan would go near Bruno thats down to the player.

By the way and this might hit some nerves but its been a long time since ManUtd has also won the PL title. Its also more than a decade. Not sure why you act like you support Madrid.

Yes, he would be the other I would look at. Probably too young to put into a league challenge, but he is maturing quickly.

I think he is ready, will take him in a heartbeat.
Mainoo and Garnacho I would take both in a heartbeat.

City winning yesterday was bad news for us. They're usually consistent in beating smaller clubs, and it's these kinds of big games where you hope they drop points.
But I guess Chelsea are somewhat a small-ish club these days.

You miss the point.
Nobody is saying we are not willing to upgrade on Odegaard if an opportunity arises.
The point is no Arsenal fan would go near Bruno thats down to the player.

By the way and this might hit some nerves but its been a long time since ManUtd has also won the PL title. Its also more than a decade. Not sure why you act like you support Madrid.
No nerve has been hit man. As mentioned in my post, we are mostly aware of United being far away from where they need or want to be and there is considerable frustration in how United have been in the last decade or even in the recent 5-6 years. Anyway, you think you have the right player for you, we think the same. Let's see what this season brings.

I think he is ready, will take him in a heartbeat.
Mainoo and Garnacho I would take both in a heartbeat.
Garnacho we kinda have already...he doesn't always have the end product anymore than Martinelli. I would prefer to stick to what we have there. Decent player though, thought he had a higher ceiling a couple of years ago, but he is still young.

The "club legends" are incredibly negative about anything related to Utd. It's quite unique in that regard.

"Your own fans" is a vocal range of people on here - and in fairness, every club has them. Loads of your fans want Arteta gone, so what? People in general are morons.

Bruno is an incredible player and a great captain, which has been highlighted by all those (players or media) with actual contacts in the club.
Yes, we have a bunch of strange Arsenal fans that make weird assessments. Not that we cannot be critical of Arteta at times, but to suggest he is a poor manager is ridiculous and quite frankly should relegate you to the online loonie bin.

When it comes to Odegaard and Fernandes, we are not considering that Odegaard can leave. If some of your own people are saying Fernandes can leave (i have seen 70 mil+) for the right price or shouldn't be captain, than you cannot be too surprised to see that rival football teams fans would rather keep their player given the hypothetical option.

I have seen very few complaints regarding Odegaard by Arsenal fans. He has some poor games like all players but I have never seen his commitment and demeanour questioned....I see a poor leader and not a great organizer of the midfield in Fernandes...you see the opposite, and that's fine. I think it should be a little obvious that many people could have a different opinion than you on this one at this point.

Yes, we have a bunch of strange Arsenal fans that make weird assessments. Not that we cannot be critical of Arteta at times, but to suggest he is a poor manager is ridiculous and quite frankly should relegate you to the online loonie bin.

When it comes to Odegaard and Fernandes, we are not considering that Odegaard can leave. If some of your own people are saying Fernandes can leave (i have seen 70 mil+) for the right price or shouldn't be captain, than you cannot be too surprised to see that rival football teams fans would rather keep their player given the hypothetical option.

I have seen very few complaints regarding Odegaard by Arsenal fans. He has some poor games like all players but I have never seen his commitment and demeanour questioned....I see a poor leader and not a great organizer of the midfield in Fernandes...you see the opposite, and that's fine. I think it should be a little obvious that many people could have a different opinion than you on this one at this point.
Just because you haven’t seen complaints about Odegaard, doesn’t meant they aren’t there. I saw a Twitter thread only the other day of Arsenal fans not being happy with him. Bruno is miles better than him.

Ornstein reporting on deals getting into place for Nketiah to Forest and Ramsdale to Wolves. Would be great to offload both. And hopefully that means the the club can go after a winger of CF but it sounds like we may only get a back up keeper after Merino

Think Arsenal win the league this season. You've created a good young side and City are going to be errm busy.

Would be deserved (even if their manager is a colossal muppet), although it is still funny to see Arsenal fans on here who clearly harbour so much resentment towards United/Fergie. :lol:

Think Arsenal win the league this season. You've created a good young side and City are going to be errm busy.

Would be deserved (even if their manager is a colossal muppet), although it is still funny to see Arsenal fans on here who clearly harbour so much resentment towards United/Fergie. :lol:

I just hope that City don't win it again. I'm sick of them winning it. We need a new champion for a change.

I would just like to check, if the player had significantly reduced the behaviour you refer to (which I also really don’t like), how long do you think it would take for you to notice?

Same answer as before. We have different and differing opinions. A bigger club like United has huge number of fans across the world and not having won the league for 11 years, fans feel frustrated, upset and may have opinions which to against the grain. We brought poorly in the last decade excluding a couple of excellent buys of which Bruno is one.

A team like yours which is happy being also rans for over 2 decades and living in their own echo chambers when majority of your fans wanted Arteta out just a couple of seasons ago and then fanning over him have the audacity to say no Arsenal fans are willing to swap. Jog on.
:lol: my word

Garnacho we kinda have already...he doesn't always have the end product anymore than Martinelli. I would prefer to stick to what we have there. Decent player though, thought he had a higher ceiling a couple of years ago, but he is still young.
Exactly. The jury is still out on whether Garnacho can function in a proper possession based side.

Exactly. The jury is still out on whether Garnacho can function in a proper possession based side.
Do you think it’s possible that players like Garnacho and Bruno could function really well within a possession based side if they were asked to, particularly with a coach that presumably makes his players better in that exact sense, but they just haven’t played under such a coach yet?

When Arsenal win feck all yet again will questions be asked of Arteta?
Why does Arteta have to be questioned when he is competing for the title?

No other manager in the league other than Pep can get near Arteta.

Why does Arteta have to be questioned when he is competing for the title?

No other manager in the league other than Pep can get near Arteta.

Why wouldn't he be? Trophies are what matter, not just competing. If you end this cycle without winning anything at all you won't be saying "Yeah but at least we took City to the last day of the season".

You're in a position now where you should really be challenging at least domestically for cups aswell as the title but you haven't been. You've had poor cup runs.

Why wouldn't he be? Trophies are what matter, not just competing. If you end this cycle without winning anything at all you won't be saying "Yeah but at least we took City to the last day of the season".

You're in a position now where you should really be challenging at least domestically for cups aswell as the title but you haven't been. You've had poor cup runs.

Spot on. Arteta has spent a lot of money and has nothing to show for it.

Interesting point raised by Carragher yesterday on MNF that no PL team has improved points wise 5 seasons in a row and this is the 5th season for Arsenal now of doing so. Would require them to either break that record or for it to be a lower points total required to win the league which is also possible given the level of competition. I think the game this weekend against Villa will be a good marker for both.

Competing only gets you so far. Look at Pochettino at Spurs.
What did Spurs gain by sacking Poch?

What would Arsenal gain by removing Arteta?

I find it amazing that on a Man United forum there is a belief that you should sack the manager and apply no context, and instead stick to this hard rule that ifyou are close, you should bin the manager as being close isnt good enough. Particularly as Alex Ferguson would have easily fit the criteria for a manager who should have been sacked under such circumstances - before he ever won a league title with Man United.

I think rival fans just want to see Arteta gone from Arsenal. They rate him, but dont want to admit it. So they disingenuously encourage Arsenal fans to support binning Arteta.

Were not idiots, were not sacking Arteta. He will be Arsenal manager for a long time to come

What did Spurs gain by sacking Poch?

What would Arsenal gain by removing Arteta?
I'm not saying Arteta should be sacked.

Poch had a good stint at Spurs, they 'competed' and even reached a Champions League final. But since they never actually won anything, it's no longer seen so positively. The same will be true of Arteta if he continues coming close without winning. And it will be harder to withstand low points (which will inevitably come) without title wins to point to.

As SilentWitness pointed out, these things usually go in cycles, teams don't improve indefinitely, there are rises and falls and so forth.

Last edited:
I can only See Arteta staying another 3 years at Arsenal without Delivering either CL or PL irrespective of Guardiola's future with City .

If Guardiola leaves next season Arteta would have another two year to deliver PL with most of his squad in Prime and if he fails Arsenal and their fans who are so supportive right now might not be that kind and If Guardiola stays and continues to turn PL in Scottish league Arteta himself might call it quit and move outside Of PL .

I don’t think rivals think Arteta should be sacked, we just rightfully don’t rate a guy who has consistently been unable to get his team over the line as highly as managers that do. Arteta seems a good manager, but post FA Cup in his first season he’s more akin to Solskjaer than Pep, it’s up to Arteta to change that perception.