Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

Good for you man. I’m not really letting all affect me. Me (or anyone else) calling for a multi millionaire to be sacked isnt all that worth getting your knickers in a twist for. And neither is me moaning at you about it. Probably good to just let it play out. Lesson learned for me too, jumped the gun. Still see it as a mess that the club could do without.
It's definitely a mess the club could do without. But it doesn't help matters if fans of the club lose all sense of perspective and heavily lean into the hysteria online and elsewhere. It also makes the forum increasingly divisive and less fun to be on. There's plenty of good reasons for exercising a bit of caution before massively jumping the gun and assuming the worst (which applies to both sides).

Even if he's innocent of criminal offences, we're still left with another scumbag winger who cheats on his wife. If only he were half as good at football as the other scumbag

One thing is for certain, Antony has apparently been cheating on his baby mama for years. I suppose thats probably nothing in light of the current accusations though. Here's a report from last year about it.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2022/06/15/62a9ef3422601dde0c8b45ef.html
I never understand why these young guys are so quick to shack up and have kids - Martial was exactly the same. Being completely honest, if I'd settled down and had a kid with a girl at age 20 (or whatever), and had girls throwing themselves at me every time I went out then I think it's highly likely that I would have shagged around behind her back too. Although morally unpleasant we have to separate that kind of behaviour from actual domestic violence.

It's definitely a mess the club could do without. But it doesn't help matters if fans of the club lose all sense of perspective and heavily lean into the hysteria online and elsewhere. It also makes the forum increasingly divisive and less fun to be on. There's plenty of good reasons for exercising a bit of caution before massively jumping the gun and assuming the worst (which applies to both sides).
Yeah I actually agree with all of that. Hope it gets sorted soon. Ten hag has had so much shite to contend with its unreal.

I never understand why these young guys are so quick to shack up and have kids - Martial was exactly the same. Being completely honest, if I'd settled down and had a kid with a girl at age 20 (or whatever), and had girls throwing themselves at me every time I went out then I think it's highly likely that I would have shagged around behind her back too.
Yeah exactly. if you were rich + famous + in top physical condition, lets be real, to borrow a quote from Chris Rock "Men are only about as faithful as their options".

I think allegation two needs to stop being spoken about like it is the same as the other allegations. It was reported over 12 months ago and was a fight in his SUV whilst he was driving 3 others from a nightclub that started between his friend and the other woman. Antony was involved in removing her from his car before speeding away and she ended up being treated for eye injuries. The media report didn’t make out if Antony allegedly gave her the eye injury, if he allegedly did so defending his friend, if he allegedly did so accidentally removing her from his car or if the friend allegedly did. It’s completely different in nature to domestic abuse allegations over a 12 month period - and nothing has seemingly come of the police investigation considering it was reported so long ago and to my knowledge he hasn’t ever been arrested/charged. The press are being deliberately misleading in their headlines of there being “fresh allegations” and “3 accusers” - it is disingenuous.

I completely agree that we shouldn’t read anything into what Ingrid has said in relation to the domestic abuse allegations in that leaked conversation. It seem very likely she was lying about Antony and she could also have been lying on that call about his ex calling her. It could have been stated for additional leverage.

I actually agree. It was the weakest/mildest of the three before the Ingrid Whatsapp messages and call transcripts came out, because the woman herself never came forward. It was reportedly the Brazilian newspaper Extra who revived a police report filed in May last year by an influencer/law student who alleged that Anotny injured her in the presence of another woman after a night out in São Paulo. That is not a case of either domestic or sexual abuse, afaik.

In the police report filed by De Freitas, it was alleged that she got into a car being driven by Antony and containing two other people - a woman and a man - after a night out at a nightclub in Sao Paulo. De Freitas claimed that she was involved in a falling out with the woman because she did not want to “continue the fun” with the other three passengers, after which a fight broke out inside the car. It was at that point that De Freitas alleges she was attacked by Antony and the woman, according to the police report. When the car stopped at traffic lights, De Freitas claimed she opened the back door and fled. De Freitas reported the alleged incident to the police and is said to have been assessed at hospital, according to the report filed.

You do you. I'm allowed to take issue with a United player being a cheating scumbag

Can't raise your pitchfork on the allegations so got to find something else to raise your pitchfork for....

Would have thought the Mendy case would have taught people to see how things play out before jumping on bandwagons.

You do you. I'm allowed to take issue with a United player being a cheating scumbag

Are you privy to the particulars of their relationship? Like, at some point there has got to be a cut-off point to the things that are pertinent to you as a fan of a football club, no?

As long as the encounters are consensual between the parties involved, "penis policing" players surely has to fall outside of our remit as Manchester United fans - or are you at home genuinely furious that Antony might have slept with someone that's not his spouse, despite you not knowing/understanding their relationship dynamics and arrangements or how that came about?