Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

If that's true how else do you stop someone from doing something like that?

Leave. According to his story, he had to go and she got mad and threw stuff on the floor. Leave and she doesnt get the attention and isnt causing the distraction that stops you leaving

Its just stuff. Antony has more than enough money to replace it

Edit- then get her therapy or split

i think it is easy for people to jump on the statement, but in the situation there are only so many avenues to stopping this situation from escalating. If he is being stopped from leaving, and she is throwing things, at some point those prob will stop getting directed to the floor and instead at him. Idk the whole story but doesnt make sense to bash him for this. If he just bear hugs her essentially to protect both himself, and her, then that is an understandable way to defuse the situation.

Leave. According to his story, he had to go and she got mad and threw stuff on the floor. Leave and she doesnt get the attention and isnt causing the distraction that stops you leaving

idk easier said than done. Doubt someone who is that worked up will just "let antony leave". All this is pure speculation but who knows the exact situation. Perhaps she was blocking the exit, refusing to let him go. Perhaps if he walks to the exit she begins to aim it more towards him. Now hes getting cut up and things can get worse. Easier for us to judge but at this point only people who know are them.

If that's true how else do you stop someone from doing something like that?
This is what I think to myself. It is not unusual for either male or female (particularly young) to get hysterical in a argument. There are so many examples and I am sure a member of the police force would tell people the same when they get called to domestic arguments and noise disturbances.

Yes there are examples of severity when there is force used on another person but as it stand Anthony is claiming to restrain someone. I believe that is acceptable (if that is what occurred).

I do not know what planet people are living on? Get in the real world.

If you are fortunate to have not witnessed such incidents and then good for you.
i think it is easy for people to jump on the statement, but in the situation there are only so many avenues to stopping this situation from escalating. If he is being stopped from leaving, and she is throwing things, at some point those prob will stop getting directed to the floor and instead at him. Idk the whole story but doesnt make sense to bash him for this. If he just bear hugs her essentially to protect both himself, and her, then that is an understandable way to defuse the situation.
idk easier said than done. Doubt someone who is that worked up will just "let antony leave". All this is pure speculation but who knows the exact situation. Perhaps she was blocking the exit, refusing to let him go. Perhaps if he walks to the exit she begins to aim it more towards him. Now hes getting cut up and things can get worse. Easier for us to judge but at this point only people who know are them.

Agree with all of the above.

Not sure why people are jumping on that.

Edit- then get her therapy or split
That is a very unrealistic action. If my Mrs is throwing plates to the ground I think the human reaction is to physically stop her from doing so and calm her down. Leaving sounds worse, you're leaving a mentally unstable person to their own devices which is pretty dicey.

That is a very unrealistic action. If my Mrs is throwing plates to the ground I think the human reaction is to physically stop her from doing so and calm her down. Leaving sounds worse, you're leaving a mentally unstable person to their own devices which is pretty dicey.
plus we have no idea how easy even "just leave" is. What if they are in some small apartment/flat/room or something and shes blocking the door. Next thing you know he tries to go past her in the doorway, she thinks hes pushing/assaulting her, and things escalate even more. So much unknown still

plus we have no idea how easy even "just leave" is. What if they are in some small apartment/flat/room or something and shes blocking the door. Next thing you know he tries to go past her in the doorway, she thinks hes pushing/assaulting her, and things escalate even more. So much unknown still
It was a hotel room, wasn't it?

yeah i have no idea what the room situation was, and depending on the hotel could play a pretty big role in his ability to "just leave" as people seem to jump on him for not doing. So a pretty relevant point

I will talk about an issue that to this day hurts me. My ex wife was an extremely aggressive person which was prone to anger outbursts, while n which she destroyed furniture, hit me, hit her family, and even hurt herself. The first time it happened I leave, when I returned home I found the living room destroyed, an 80 inches tv broken, all the glasses, cups and dishes broken, my liquor bottles broken with her blood combined with its content, etc. Since then, every time she had an anger outburst I decided to grab her and calmly try to calm her, so she wouldn’t destroy everything in the apartment, so she wouldn’t hurt other people, and first and foremost so she wouldn’t hurt herself. Dealing with a partner with anger issues is difficult, and sometimes all you can do is grab them so they can’t hurt themselves or others. People talk about this without having experience it.

If what Antony claims is true, I understand him and know that’s the only thing you could do to ensure the other person didn’t hurt herself, others or destroy the place.

Last edited:
Antony would be well advised to use the old Yorkshire saying of "Ear all, see all, an SAY NOWT".

Right or wrong he is always going to be judged as playing down what actually happened the moment he starts talking like this.

Antony would be well advised to use the old Yorkshire saying of "Ear all, see all, an SAY NOWT".

Right or wrong he is always going to be judged as playing down what actually happened the moment he starts talking like this.
Mason stayed silent and that didnt help him at all.
No matter what these players do there will be downsides.

Plenty of people on this forum have been complaining about it, Arsenal fans just didn't give a shit.
I can assure you, Arsenal fans do care about it. At least every one I've met in real life or on line.

But under English law, the player in question has privacy rights until such time as charges are filed. Even if we're all pretty sure who it is, he can't be named in the media before charges are filed--that's why he's always referred to in the papers as "unnamed North London footballer." Were Arsenal to suspend him, it would violate the spirit of the law, identifying him before charges are filed. If Arsenal gave a press release explaining why, they'd definitely be violating the law, acting as a media entity.

If he did it, he should be binned post-haste, and every fellow Gooner I know agrees. Even a formal charge is enough. But unlike Greenwood and Mendy, there aren't charges yet. And unlike Anthony, the investigation (and reporting) is governed by English law, not Brazilian.

Anyway, the saga of the unnamed Arsenal player does make me deeply uncomfortable. But I think that Arsenal is doing the right thing. Not because I'm an Arsenal fan. But because, as a lawyer, I don't see how they can do anything different.

What if she’s Greek?

His tearful interview reminds me of Maguire's, where he came up with the explanation of thinking his sister got injected with some substance by some strange men. Obvious difference is he didn't fight the cops, so should be alright.

When three different women are accusing you of abuse, the probability is strongly against you.

If you look at the world the last years that’s just not true. It’s 50:50 if they say the truth or just want money. Not 51:49, it’s 50:50. Let the authorities do their work and let him play until there’s an outcome. Don’t make the same mistake as with MG.

If you look at the world the last years that’s just not true. It’s 50:50 if they say the truth or just want money. Not 51:49, it’s 50:50. Let the authorities do their work and let him play until there’s an outcome. Don’t make the same mistake as with MG.
Half the women who accuse men of abuse are lying?

Call it speculation but this tv interview is going to absolutely damning and he’s in complete panic mode. He must have been told by his team and the club to keep quiet and he can’t help himself.

Just watching Sky Sports News now and it’s all over it. The most worrying thing for Antony is that this isn’t a new revelation, after each incident there’s been police involvement he’s absolutely fecked. 3 separate women 3 separate ongoing cases in multiple countries.

I said it early in the Greenwood case you wont see him in a United shirt again he’s done.

Last edited:
So you are telling me he is guilty with a 87.5% certainty?

I can assure you, Arsenal fans do care about it. At least every one I've met in real life or on line.

But under English law, the player in question has privacy rights until such time as charges are filed. Even if we're all pretty sure who it is, he can't be named in the media before charges are filed--that's why he's always referred to in the papers as "unnamed North London footballer." Were Arsenal to suspend him, it would violate the spirit of the law, identifying him before charges are filed. If Arsenal gave a press release explaining why, they'd definitely be violating the law, acting as a media entity.

If he did it, he should be binned post-haste, and every fellow Gooner I know agrees. Even a formal charge is enough. But unlike Greenwood and Mendy, there aren't charges yet. And unlike Anthony, the investigation (and reporting) is governed by English law, not Brazilian.

Anyway, the saga of the unnamed Arsenal player does make me deeply uncomfortable. But I think that Arsenal is doing the right thing. Not because I'm an Arsenal fan. But because, as a lawyer, I don't see how they can do anything different.
He can be dropped without explaining why for deck sake

Half the women who accuse men of abuse are lying?
Mendy was accused by 10+ and he was acquitted from all charges. The prosecution was able to read out a list of whatsapp messages where in multiple accusers texted their friends about how they had a 'lot of fun last night' only to turn around and file assault charges.

Footballers are not above domestic abuse or sexual assault. Plenty of them are dirt bags. But unfortunately they also have a target on their backs from people looking to make a quick buck or get their 2 seconds of fame.

United rightly so got a barrage of criticism for their plans to reintegrate Greenwood into the squad. The authorities never got to decide whether he was guilty or not. The case was dropped due to his partner withdrawing from the process. However, the leaked evidence which started it all was enough to make the public know he had done something seriously wrong.

Somewhat similar with Antony now. The case may never go to trial or no charges may ever come, but Antony is significantly linked with the injuries received by his former girlfriend. If there is the smallest chance that Antony is guilty of these things, I don't want him anywhere near the club. Suspend him!

Do you think this is one of the reasons he still hasn't been suspended? I keep wondering if suspending him would also be an admission that this is/could be true and would obviously look like they did try and cover it up. I don't know. What a mess.
Would be a stretch to accuse the club of a cover-up for this.

If Antony rings the club liaison officer and says "Hi my girlfriend's sustained an injury can you sort a doctor" and the liaison officer says "Sure mate", then the doctor (who doesn't necessarily work for the club) has to break confidentiality if he tells the club what the injury was and how it was sustained.

Not that I think that the media won't try to pin this on the club though, considering the recent pile-on

Mendy was accused by 10+ and he was acquitted from all charges. The prosecution was able to read out a list of whatsapp messages where in multiple accusers texted their friends about how they had a 'lot of fun last night' only to turn around and file assault charges.

Footballers are not above domestic abuse or sexual assault. Plenty of them are dirt bags. But unfortunately they also have a target on their backs from people looking to make a quick buck or get their 2 seconds of fame.
Yeah but 50/50 means you should be able to tell me about hundreds of cases, not just mendy. Can you tell me about 2 or 3 more cases?

Call it speculation but this tv interview is going to absolutely damning and he’s in complete panic mode. He must have been told by his team and the club to keep quiet and he can’t help himself.

Just watching Sky Sports News now and it’s all over it. The most worrying thing for Antony is that this isn’t a new revelation, after each incident there’s been police involvement he’s absolutely fecked. 3 separate women 3 separate ongoing cases in multiple countries.

I said it early in the Greenwood case you wont see him in a United shirt again he’s done.
Owners can't afford to terminate contracts right and left. IF he is guilty (and with 2 new women coming out it does start looking that guy is violent, short tempered prick), he is still investment worth 100 mil.
It is easy for me, you, Rachel and whoever to say; "sack him". But if it was your company in question and your employee doing shit things, then you would think twice about every part of that decision.

United rightly so got a barrage of criticism for their plans to reintegrate Greenwood into the squad. The authorities never got to decide whether he was guilty or not. The case was dropped due to his partner withdrawing from the process. However, the leaked evidence which started it all was enough to make the public know he had done something seriously wrong.

Somewhat similar with Antony now. The case may never go to trial or no charges may ever come, but Antony is significantly linked with the injuries received by his former girlfriend. If there is the smallest chance that Antony is guilty of these things, I don't want him anywhere near the club. Suspend him!
Antony is only linked to the injuries by the words. Or have you seen pictures with Antony actually inflicting those injuries?

Going pretty strong against her... basically a big mess all around, one way or the other

We forum posters will never know the truth of what happened with these three women, but from the club’s point of view it really should put Antony on the sidelines for a period of time.

Not that it should matter but from a performance loss mitigation perspective he’s been rather shit for us anyway and we’ve got three other RW players ready to step up.

In fairness there is literally nothing else to call it - you are speculating.

I will talk about an issue that to this day hurts me. My ex wife was an extremely aggressive person which was prone to anger outbursts, while n which she destroyed furniture, hit me, hit her family, and even hurt herself. The first time it happened I leave, when I returned home I found the living room destroyed, an 80 inches tv broken, all the glasses, cups and dishes broken, my liquor bottles broken with her blood combined with its content, etc. Since then, every time she had an anger outburst I decided to grab her and calmly try to calm her, so she wouldn’t destroy everything in the apartment, so she wouldn’t hurt other people, and first and foremost so she wouldn’t hurt herself. Dealing with a partner with anger issues is difficult, and sometimes all you can do is grab them so they can’t hurt themselves or others. People talk about this without having experience it.

If what Antony claims is true, I understand him and know that’s the only thing you could do to ensure the other person didn’t hurt herself, others or destroy the place.
I think you should be sacked from your job if what you're saying is true.

It's very clear that people have made their minds up based on a media interview because they don't like Antony, so now they are believing everything the accuser says and everything he comes out with in his defence is a lie.

Calls for the club to ban him with an ongoing legal process are stupid, and if the media are calling for the club to take action the club should just respond with the Arsenal guy's name, who is actually charged and on bail, and ask them why they are letting him have a free ride.