Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

At this rate, I’m expecting a meteorite to strike Old Trafford next week, destroy it and everything around it is completely fine and unharmed. We’re the club equivalent of Hans Moleman or something.

He's likely done here and good riddance.

3 accusations by unrelated women(presumably) is damning and awful.

Not defending him but let's not be judge, jusy and executioner and have a trial by media.

Mendy had many women accuse him of rape and SA yet was cleared.

Not sure what you mean…. It’s obvious the injuries were not self inflicted and also suspicious as to why a private doctor was called as opposed to the normal route of ambulance or hospital.

The doctor will be interviewed by the police and with the girls permission he‘ll have to reveal what injuries were sustained.

A premier league footballer can't possibly go to the ER (or whatever it's called over there) for something mon-life threatening.

Sancho has his issues, but you can't compare him with Antony.

Sancho is a 23 year old who seems ro struggle with discipline is petulant and is strongly affected by noise surrounding him and the club (happened at Dortmund too). He's got the talent though, if someone can just unlock it.

Antony is a 23 year old who is inconsistent, one footed and allegedely thug that is violent against multiple women, and who seems to be psychologically abusive at the very least.

I know who I'd put my resources into if I'm the club, and it ain't Antony.

That sort of text sent during a breakup is just standard fare for lots of people (dumb ones). If anything I'd say releasing it detracted from the body of evidence.

Ha, I hate all the wokey shit so on one hand I tend to agree, but I'd like to think that it is something that would have been addressed once unearthed and maybe an apology from the person in question, again it just add to the really bad character thing. Innocent or Guilty of the accused, would rather not at my club.

Well Antony is a bad footballer so his ability to judge football ability also sucks.

Anyway this might be a good chance for us to get rid and try to replace him next summer. A blessing in disguise maybe ?

Sell Antony and Sancho next summer and save money for a striker and a right winger that can actually help the team.

Just don't let Ten Hag choose the players we buy please.
No one will be selling Antony next summer this is on the merry go round for at least 2 years if GMP get involved.

Judging by the messages and the several accusations. I think he's done. He seems to be a terrible person at best, which I wouldn't want to be playing for the club anyway. Hopefully in the future we'd do a better job doing a background check on players before signing them.

Can we please wait for evidence before deciding he's guilty?
People here decided Greenwood is guilty even with police dropping his case because of new evidences and you think that those same people would have common sense to wait before jumping to conclusions.
Based on the Greenwood precedence Anthony is done.

How did we ever sign this guy for so much money?! Not even worth half of the fee considering his performances and now this bullshit for the club to deal with. Never got the fuss about him in Ajax, always looked average to me at least so I honestly couldn't believe when we were pushing Ajax last season.

Obviously innocent until proven guilty, but it does not look good at all right now. And we've seen that he's a temperamental guy that always seems to be on the edge, so it doesn't help his case.

You can thank ETH for that. He's the one that obsessed over Antony and had us pay 80m for him because he insisted on only Antony

Not hard to believe he has zero control of his emotions and underlying anger issues if you've ever watched 20 mins of him on a pitch. Clearly one of those loose cannon morons.

It’s starting to feel embarrassing supporting this club

30 year supporter born and raised in Manchester the stuff on and off the pitch is absolutely ridiculous, just pathetic from top to bottom.

Who knew Ed Woodward was the glue holding this club together after Fergie retired.

I’ve supported this club since 77, and Busby……the gentleman must be turning in his grave with what he sees at his club now. I dont even want to say I support the club I’m that disgusted, and to add insult to injury…….the club invite a convicted sex offender guilty of 19 offences against 14-18 year olds to a WSL event. This club is rotten from the top down, and if Anthony is found guilty then he should be forced to pay his transfer fee for bringing the club into disrepute to a horrendous level……this really should be universal in athletes contracts now.

Antony can feck off and, if they were aware, WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN, take everyone involved in signing him with him - ten Hag, Murtough, the whole rotten bunch.

No one will be selling Antony next summer this is on the merry go round for at least 2 years if GMP get involved.
What does the police have to do with that? We are not selling Antony period, unless we pay someone to take him which is the norm for our deadwood

Tell you what, this season we really have gone to great lengths to deflect attention away from defeats...

Tell you what, this season we really have gone to great lengths to deflect attention away from defeats...
All this after a late and narrow loss to Arsenal. Imagine what happens when we get our annual thumping at Anfield and the Etihad.

All this after a late and narrow loss to Arsenal. Imagine what happens when we get our annual thumping at Anfield and the Etihad.
We’re going to find out we were the pillar propping up Hilter’s regime

I’ve supported this club since 77, and Busby……the gentleman must be turning in his grave with what he sees at his club now. I dont even want to say I support the club I’m that disgusted, and to add insult to injury…….the club invite a convicted sex offender guilty of 19 offences against 14-18 year olds to a WSL event. This club is rotten from the top down, and if Anthony is found guilty then he should be forced to pay his transfer fee for bringing the club into disrepute to a horrendous level……this really should be universal in athletes contracts now.

Wasn't Best a wife beater?

There surely has to be an underlying problem when it comes to doing a proper background check and mental health check of players for you guys?
That is actually pretty fecking rich coming from a Bayern München supporter.
I am sure if you try a little, you can come up with the self-awareness to realize so yourself.

Aaron Wan Bissaka - Serial Killer

Too be fair, they do say its always the quiet ones...

Fecking hell.

So this was an issue before he even signed for us? ETH has a growing list of questionable decisions when it comes to these people. I saw a post on reddit that mentioned about 3 cases where he backed players at previous clubs that committed crimes etc. He backed Overmars when he got outed. He wanted to sign Arnautovic until fans pushed back. He wanted Greenwood back. And now he's signed a guy that could be the worst of the lot, even though he'd already been accused of some of this before hand. And to make matters worse, he had already spent a year or two with him at Ajax.

You couldn't write this really.

Fecking hell.

So this was an issue before he even signed for us? ETH has a growing list of questionable decisions when it comes to these people. I saw a post on reddit that mentioned about 3 cases where he backed players at previous clubs that committed crimes etc. He backed Overmars when he got outed. He wanted to sign Arnautovic until fans pushed back. He wanted Greenwood back. And now he's signed a guy that could be the worst of the lot, even though he'd already been accused of some of this before hand. And to make matters worse, he had already spent a year or two with him at Ajax.

You couldn't write this really.

He publicly backed Quincy Promes too :lol: