Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

A third??? This guy is done.

It any of the claimants are telling the truth, then it's highly unlikely that they are alone. The things described tell me that it's about someone with deep issues.

Might as well bring Greenwood back. Convert part of Old Trafford into a rehab centre and let these people out only on matchdays.

It any of the claimants are telling the truth, then it's highly unlikely that they are not alone. The things described tell me that it's about someone with deep issues.

Statistically only a fraction of people who experience these types of events come forward, even when it appears "safe" to do so. Could be a lot more.

It any of the claimants are telling the truth, then it's highly unlikely that they are alone. The things described tell me that it's about someone with deep issues.
Yup. Seems extremely obsessive and possessive which tends to be a recurring thing.

Purely talking football wise, wouldn’t care if he never played for us again really, but the absolute waste of money once again is staggering. Also another blow to Ten Hag judgement of character.

There surely has to be an underlying problem when it comes to doing a proper background check and mental health check of players for you guys?

I'd be surprised if he plays after the international break, at least not for a while until things are disproven. Which might never happen. But purely looking at it from a footballing POV... I'm not gonna miss him much tbh. We're probably better with him in, but he's such an annoying player and his face always kind of bothered me. Just not a fan.

Of course, this shouldn't affect any decision, but just a side note to this whole deal. I'll be happier just seeing us develop Amad/Pellistri or find a way to start Garnacho and Rashford together rather than play this guy.

HOPEFULLY NO MORE cnuts IN THE TEAM THIS SEASON

Give that we now make decisions based on public opinion rather than what the justice system says, or the club's own investigations, we might as well let him go now.

I hope Ten Hag fixes his beef with Sancho in order for him to play on the right wing because we may not see Antony in a United shirt ever again after more charges starting to appear. This likely won't end well. Amad is injured, Ten Hag doesn't thrust Pellistri. Don't wanna see Bruno on the right wing where he's useless.

Ten Hag has to take some blame for signing Antony. He must have sensed that he's a problematic character, delinquent by working with him for couple of years and he brought him to United for huge money anyway...

I hope Ten Hag fixes his beef with Sancho in order for him to play on the right wing because we may not see Antony in a United shirt ever again after more charges starting to appear. This likely won't end well. Amad is injured, Ten Hag doesn't thrust Pellistri. Don't wanna see Bruno on the right wing where he's useless.

Ten Hag has to take some blame for signing Antony. He must have sensed that he's a problematic character, delinquent by working with him for couple of years and he brought him to United for huge money anyway...
I imagine it will be either Bruno or Mount on the right wing

I dont think many public figures would give tv interviews during live police investigations.

Gives Jussie Smollet vibes to be honest.
I've no idea who that is, but I lived in Brazil long enough to know how much they love getting 15 minutes of fame and TV exposure.

In three months it would all be long forgotten with nothing coming out of it. The court of Brazilian public opinion has Alzheimer's, that's why lawyers want to draw United firmly into it, because British/international public opinion has longer memories and is far more intense and invested in this sort of stuff.

I'm not saying Antony is innocent, just that it would be typical for her to do this and a few randomers to crop up here or there.

There surely has to be an underlying problem when it comes to doing a proper background check and mental health check of players for you guys?

Is there? We are talking about two players out of hundreds over the past years. Would you make a similar point about Bayern and Breno.

Apologies if this is a source we're not allowed to post from but if this is true, along with the second accusation earlier today, his time at United is about to be up.

There is no way United select him with 3 separate allegations of domestic abuse against him. The media and various charities would have a field day - and rightly so might I add.

Mount and Pellestri our first and second choices on the right wing. Who'd have thought

To be honest, I like the fact that Pellestri is about to get a real chance. Until we hear more about his love life...

Purely talking football wise, wouldn’t care if he never played for us again really, but the absolute waste of money once again is staggering. Also another blow to Ten Hag judgement of character.
Ten Hag judges football ability not moral character.

Is there? We are talking about two players out of hundreds over the past years. Would you make a similar point about Bayern and Breno.

Not just talking about the abusive ones, but seems like there have been a lot of players with attitude issues in recent years. Pogba, Sancho now and others who just don't seem to step up to the plate like Maguire, and then refusing to leave even if benched or not even in the squad like Jones.

Not just talking about the abusive ones, but seems like there have been a lot of players with attitude issues in recent years. Pogba, Sancho now and others who just don't seem to step up to the plate like Maguire, and then refusing to leave even if benched or not even in the squad like Jones.

What attitude issues have been linked with Pogba? And most players don't step up to the plate, that's why Bayern have revamped their defense several times in the past years.

Mount and Pellestri our first and second choices on the right wing. Who'd have thought
Don't forget Amad. It's not even that bad tbh. Mount or Bruno as a right wide midfielder (especially now that we have a target in the middle it can work), Amad and Pellistri developing more, or finding a way to fit Garnacho and Rashford on the wings together. All far more likeable players and better to watch anyway.

I still think this one feels a bit more odd and weirder than the Greenwood case, can’t shake that feeling not sure why. I’ll be waiting and watching to see how it develops.

As much as I really dislike getting news in sensationalised snippets from aggregator accounts - and the idea of TV interviews being advertised 5 days in advance - the club now need to protect themselves from this and suspend him awaiting further developments.

Not good. Needs to be taken seriously and investigated heavily. If any probability even one of these incidents happened, has to go. I wonder if the club suspend him for now "pending investigation results." Brazil already has.

Oh boy...

All things considered, he's most likely finished in this climate

It's the dancing innit

Yeah. It's ridiculous when the poster support a club that had players punching each others in the locker room, one that was so mentally unstable that he put his own house on fire and they have had plenty of players that didn't step up.

At this rate, Antony better option is maybe to accept to go to court over this.
If he is gets a proper judgement, the charges examined do not pass a certain threshold of severity and he can avoid jail... He might still have a career to come back to.

In the Greenwood case the lack of proper legal closure made it impossible to potentially explore a sincere rehabilitation narrative and an open discussion of the matter.

Or Antony just settles all claims out of court -if that's even an option- to avoid potential imprisonment. But in PR terms I don't think it is tenable for United and maybe a bunch of other European clubs.