Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

Fecking hell.

So this was an issue before he even signed for us? ETH has a growing list of questionable decisions when it comes to these people. I saw a post on reddit that mentioned about 3 cases where he backed players at previous clubs that committed crimes etc. He backed Overmars when he got outed. He wanted to sign Arnautovic until fans pushed back. He wanted Greenwood back. And now he's signed a guy that could be the worst of the lot, even though he'd already been accused of some of this before hand. And to make matters worse, he had already spent a year or two with him at Ajax.

You couldn't write this really.
He publicly backed Quincy Promes too :lol:
I personally don’t think there’s any benefit of the doubt left — and hiding behind the guise of “footballing reasons” doesn’t fly either.

Club must be glad it’s international break. Wouldn’t be surprised if Antony picks up a “injury”.

Fecking hell.

So this was an issue before he even signed for us? ETH has a growing list of questionable decisions when it comes to these people. I saw a post on reddit that mentioned about 3 cases where he backed players at previous clubs that committed crimes etc. He backed Overmars when he got outed. He wanted to sign Arnautovic until fans pushed back. He wanted Greenwood back. And now he's signed a guy that could be the worst of the lot, even though he'd already been accused of some of this before hand. And to make matters worse, he had already spent a year or two with him at Ajax.

You couldn't write this really.

I knew I was right about not liking this guy. Sack him alongside Antony and Sancho.

Club must be glad it’s international break. Wouldn’t be surprised if Antony picks up a “injury”.
The way things are going with injuries at the moment it would be pretty miraculous if he didn't to be honest.

Not hard to believe he has zero control of his emotions and underlying anger issues if you've ever watched 20 mins of him on a pitch. Clearly one of those loose cannon morons.
:lol: people say anything on here. Absolute cesspit.

He turned down Saudi money to experience Japan last week. What a man he is.
Fecking loved that guy.

It's something Fergie was so good at - picking the right characters, not just the right players. The man was a genius in so many ways. It makes it all the more sad how far we've fallen since.

Christ I hope this turns around soon because we appear to be an absolute shambles at the moment.

Fecking loved that guy.

It's something Fergie was so good at - picking the right characters, not just the right players. The man was a genius in so many ways. It makes it all the more sad how far we've fallen since.

Christ I hope this turns around soon because we appear to be an absolute shambles at the moment.
We had numerous players under Ferguson who had issues with the law when playing or have had issues with the law since. Evans, RVP, Keane, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Butt, Anderson…and that’s just the ones that have made the public arena.

How would ETH now about this? Most offenders don't go to work bragging about their wife's being bruised and battered by them over the weekend.
That said Antony is done as Utd player, I am looking forward to see more of Pellistri.

If someone does buy this club then they are going to want to press the reset button at this point. Which the exception of a few, it feels there’s nothing good about this club anymore.

It’d be 72 million in the bin even if he kept playing

aye. Theres kind of a ridculous side to paying 160 million or whatever it is for sancho and antony then ending up with pellestri and amad on the wings who will probably end up doing way more in a United Shirt than those two ever will. Almost a lesson there

We need more of this shit to shame the Glazers into selling, so whose your choice of player to hit the limelight next with lurid violent allegations of bedtime shenanigans?
Or could it be someone from the office?

I'm finding hard to put Antony being a degenerate on the club. Yes, United should have conducted a better/more insightful check into his background/character but come on. We bought the guy last year. He's not a byproduct of nor was his character moulded by United like the other guy.

Still, the optics are awful

Already in the bin last season. Ajax scammed United hard. Can't blame anyone because 'football director' is a hipster way to say jester at this club

you get these brazilian wingers like neres and malcom who get touted about then turn out to be not so great and then you start to feel like we’ve took the bait on one.

ETH must have known about all this. Shouldn't have signed him.
I'm not sure how, charges have only just been brought against him. It's not unreasonable to think that before this Antony himself managed to keep it hush. Still, ETH is not making it easy for himself I must admit

It’s amazing seeing the different reactions. This one there’s not even been an arrest and he’s apparently toast.

It helps with Greenwood that his victim is seemingly no longer bothered by what happened, they’re still in a relationship, look very happy together, and want to get on with their lives. Whereas Antony’s alleged victims (x3) seem absolutely damaged, traumatised, and scared of him.

It’s a shame players who are convicted and kicked out of a club can’t be taken off the FFP expenditure. :nervous:

I’ve supported this club since 77, and Busby……the gentleman must be turning in his grave with what he sees at his club now. I dont even want to say I support the club I’m that disgusted, and to add insult to injury…….the club invite a convicted sex offender guilty of 19 offences against 14-18 year olds to a WSL event. This club is rotten from the top down, and if Anthony is found guilty then he should be forced to pay his transfer fee for bringing the club into disrepute to a horrendous level……this really should be universal in athletes contracts now.

Look... I have supported the club as long as you have. Things really aren't that different other than the media is more intrusive; the advent of social media has allowed the public to be more immersed in the whole sport.

Human behaviour doesn't evolve or devolve in this case within a couple of decades.

There were always going to be players being cnuts -- it's just that you may not have been privy to the information or been aware of it.

When you add alcohol, money and OTT adulation, a lot of young men's egos go into overdrive .... and lead to dysfunctional behaviour or patterns of behaviour.

I would like to see Pellistri given a chance on that right wing if Antony is going to be out of contention for a while. He just seems the right option to me to counter having Rashford on the left. I am not a Rashford basher, but his first instinct is not the easy cross or pass for a tap in, its always to score himself. I think a winger like Pellistri would benefit the team more given the circumstances we may find ourselves in. The guy is in a strange situation anyway at the moment, no point sending him on loan as he has had a few already so its use him or sell him time and his sale never seemed to be on the cards. Interested to see what Amad can offer, but right now it's got to be Pellistri's time to get an opportunity. What I have seen of him has shown a guy that works hard to get that cross in, and with us now having an actual centre forward that might benefit from that its got to be worth a shot.

I would have expected a bit more from Ten Hag in terms of giving some of the young fringe players a chance really, but I guess its not exactly been plain sailing for him so he doesn't fancy the risk right now but what is the point in having the likes of Pellestri and Mejbri around if you wont use them unless its a last resort?

So there was a report to the police of violence against a woman back in May of 2022 before we bought him.
We really are digging ourselves into a deep hole with our lack of vetting.

We need to start hiring PIs before we sign players.
One would assume that every major club already do this and perform thorough background checks before signing any player. Apparently United doesn’t give a feck.

I knew I was right about not liking this guy. Sack him alongside Antony and Sancho.
I’m sorry I really think Jadon Sancho is a different conversation all together, yes he criticised the manager, but we don’t know the full story with his mental health issues this is a completely different topic to ETH indulging potential criminal offenders and backing them at all costs even when they play crap for the club that paid twice as much as any other elite club would, personally I’m not totally enamoured with Jadon’s attitude and work rate but no way should he be discussed in a conversation with Antony whose under police investigation in his native Brazil, again he should be assumed innocent until proven guilty however my issue is with the club, what sort of archaic leadership completely messes up MG issue, then follows up with an equal shite show with Antony.

Richard Arnold is simply not up to the job so he should resign and no right minded executive from any other club should accept any job given to them by the Glazers and they should tell them straight to their face and in the media they need to resign their ownership and sell the club before some form of new legislation comes in from the EPL about owners or CEO’s needing to hold a certain level of integrity and honest with decent values and they must invest money into their PL team, not use it as an International ATM!

To me it seems like someone high up in the club is deliberately leaking all this do Joel and Avram have to fly over to the Uk and stay for a month or so and do sone actual work!

Yes antony would have video called eth first and said hey boss I am going to beat this women and eth would have given a go ahead.
Yes, haha, you're very funny.
"A police report from May 2022 also describes violent behaviour from Antony."
This was before ETH signed him for us, when he was still an Ajax player, again for ETH.
How could he not know about this.