Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

There surely has to be an underlying problem when it comes to doing a proper background check and mental health check of players for you guys?
There are countless legendary tales of SAF going round to see parents of young players. he would try to work out what sort of character the potential players had.
Not sure what other clubs do these days in that regard but I'm sure Manchester United do absolutely nothing.

I think at this point, Antony needs to go public with any sort of information that he has (assuming he's even innocent) that can prove his innocence. I remember Neymar had taken to social media with WhatsApp conversations immediately after rape accusations involving him went public. However, it really doesn't feel like he's innocent at all.

The club has gone, integrity, dignity, virtue, I simply don't recognise this club anymore, dreadful.

I still think this one feels a bit more odd and weirder than the Greenwood case, can’t shake that feeling not sure why. I’ll be waiting and watching to see how it develops.
The biggest difference to me seems to be that the Greenwood case is an incident with 1 person where they've seemingly made up and are happily together again. We don't know what happened or if he apologized or if that's another situation of victim going back to the abuser, don't necessarily think it's fair to jump to either conclusion, but what we do know is that he obviously did bad things but that the people involved (and her family) have long since moved on. Antony on the other hand now seems to be coming out of being a repeated offender with different people based on an obsessive & possessive personality where he lashes out if told no (if it is truly him at fault which will need to be proven, but definitely pointing to that).

Antony outright denying these allegations apparently. So his case is multiple women who don't like him while Greenwoods case was involving a woman who is his current partner so nothing could really happen (with the conclusion of the case).

Yeah but he'll be out for a while yet.

Now that we have a forward who will make runs and fight defenders I really like the idea of having someone on the right who can cross. Bruno's crossing from the right is usually very good. Mount should in theory be good there and Pellistri is a conventional winger who likes to get to the touchline and put the ball in.

Having a unit up front is a waste when both wide players are inside forwards who never cross. Something of a silver lining maybe.
Yeah. I don't like Bruno on the right generally and think Mount might suit it more, but a huge part of that issue was that we had nobody up top. So Bruno is just further from Rashford, has nobody to pass the ball into in behind. Could work now.

Wasn't Amad only a couple of months? Would think October ish?

Bro's finished. Can't believe we signed this guy when he already had allegations against him.

Not just talking about the abusive ones, but seems like there have been a lot of players with attitude issues in recent years. Pogba, Sancho now and others who just don't seem to step up to the plate like Maguire, and then refusing to leave even if benched or not even in the squad like Jones.
This is probably going to sound bitter or jealous in some way, but it's not meant to be. I just wonder what effect it can have on someone's mentality at such young ages to be earing so much money. Surrounded by sycophants, nothing is out of reach, (some) women attracted to that with the player then getting some form of god complex that whatever they want they get etc. It's not a normal life at all, it can't be coincidental can it? I know that correlation isn't causation, equally there are young men who act like this while broke, but is it just me that thinks too much, too soon is partly to blame here?

I'm not saying specifically Antony is guilty here, time will tell, but more of a general point. If it is the case, what can we and other clubs do to better protect the players and people around them from such tendencies developing?

Just sack him now. No smoke without fire when there’s multiple accusations. Can’t be arsed for this to drag as long as the other one did

Yeah. It's ridiculous when the poster support a club that had players punching each others in the locker room, one that was so mentally unstable that he put his own house on fire and they have had plenty of players that didn't step up.
Really puts into perspective the "hate" people had against guys like Pogba/Lingard/McTominay/Martial/Fred/Maguire and so on... Guys who either just had fitness, just weren't good enough, liked a flashy lifestyle... and yet they got/get absolute pelters from fans and endless hate (when it's not even a big deal what their problem is). Meanwhile... you have absolute scum on the pitch kick the ball a bit better get celebrated

Ten Hag judges football ability not moral character.

Well Antony is a bad footballer so his ability to judge football ability also sucks.

Anyway this might be a good chance for us to get rid and try to replace him next summer. A blessing in disguise maybe ?

Sell Antony and Sancho next summer and save money for a striker and a right winger that can actually help the team.

Just don't let Ten Hag choose the players we buy please.

Nah it’s fine, they probably all headbutted themselves.
Mind you, this third one coming off the woodwork literally says she headbutted a wall, so there certainly is a case for Antony being attracted to Funko Pops.

Really puts into perspective the "hate" people had against guys like Pogba/Lingard/McTominay/Martial/Fred/Maguire and so on... Guys who either just had fitness, just weren't good enough, liked a flashy lifestyle... and yet they got/get absolute pelters from fans and endless hate (when it's not even a big deal what their problem is). Meanwhile... you have absolute scum on the pitch kick the ball a bit better get celebrated

I have thought about that for months. But it became obvious when some of the posters that wanted The Virus out at all cost turned against the club when it decided to let Greenwood leave.

Can we please wait for evidence before deciding he's guilty?

I don't think it's evidence (though allegations and testimonies are evidence, not the material sort, but still) that is going to really put the wheels of motion at United, moreso the legal updates on those different claims.

I think we are getting closer to Antony being iced out the playing team while he focuses on preparing his legal defense.

The club has gone, integrity, dignity, virtue, I simply don't recognise this club anymore, dreadful.
Wtf? As someone mentioned, SAF used to do background checks himself. The club (rightly or wrongly, separate debate) has always been geared to backing managers signing the players they want.

The problem would be managers not being suitable to do that or not doing their homework properly, it's not on "the club" doing anything differently.

How did we ever sign this guy for so much money?! Not even worth half of the fee considering his performances and now this bullshit for the club to deal with. Never got the fuss about him in Ajax, always looked average to me at least so I honestly couldn't believe when we were pushing Ajax last season.

Obviously innocent until proven guilty, but it does not look good at all right now. And we've seen that he's a temperamental guy that always seems to be on the edge, so it doesn't help his case.

Why can't these women accuse the Glazers instead :(

they’d first have to be attracted to our women. no doubt they’ve tried it with similar, earth dwelling species, but you try and get a chameleon to testify.

can you even call yourself an institution unless you’re constantly mired in this sort of scandal? city can only dream about this level of heritage.

Antony on the other hand now seems to be coming out of being a repeated offender with different people based on an obsessive & possessive personality where he lashes out if told no
Ah shite, you just very much described the idiotic way he sometimes lashes out and shows "pashun" on the pitch.

Bollocks, that's well over 200M in "assets" binned inside a few weeks.

We deserve a laugh, so here it goes:

I work for the sports section of a newspaper/website in Israel. Today, one of my colleagues, who writes about European football, sent a news item based on the Daily Mail article. Unfortunately he got quite a few things wrong. One of them was that he got a little mixed up and claimed that the "United doctor" didn't just TREAT Antony's partner but also THREATENED her in order to shut her up.

Treated, threatened, same thing...

Epic, epic fail.

We deserve a laugh, so here it goes:

I work for the sports section of a newspaper/website in Israel. Today, one of my colleagues, who writes about European football, sent a news item based on the Daily Mail article. Unfortunately he got quite a few things wrong. One of them was that he got a little mixed up and claimed that the "United doctor" didn't just TREAT Antony's partner but also THREATENED her in order to shut her up.

Treated, threatened, same thing...

Epic, epic fail.
Closet scouser

Remember when we had Juan Mata and his hugs.

Miss him, you need level headed characters, he is an outstanding professional. And even given how limited he was from a football standpoint during the latter stages of his time at Old Trafford, he was still better than this guy.

Last edited:
Go with Amad and Pellistri until January and then make a run at another RW? Maybe Olise?

I do think he needs to be made unavailable for selection (suspended?) With Pay whilst this is investigated.

3 is a pattern that cant be ignored. Not saying 1 should be ignored but 1 is more dubious (don't think I've explained myself properly there)

Regardless, Im surprised united haven't taken advantage of the international break to do that given there's a chance this could be (probably won't be) resolved before the break ends.

I'm happy to admit I was extremely keen to see the wheels of justice spin on the basis of the first accusation, but bringing it up to a hat trick has me convinced. Extraordinarily unlikely that three unrelated (presumably) accusers are all lying.

Oh well. Who needs a football club to support anyway?

If we cant play him the auditor could argue he should be impaired to zero. Leaving Man Utd with a £65 mill loss and in breach of FFP/P&S. Man Utd spending will be heavily restricted for the next couple of years.

There are countless legendary tales of SAF going round to see parents of young players. he would try to work out what sort of character the potential players had.
Not sure what other clubs do these days in that regard but I'm sure Manchester United do absolutely nothing.

Klopp is very good at that to be fair, a club is very incompetent if they don't judge character also. Obviously there can be a balance, maybe if you could get Ronaldinho/Maradona/Ronaldo(brazil) for example and know their character, you'd have a chat, but ultimately it would be way more ability over character. I guess ot's the younger ones, you need more reassurances, that money for Antony looking crazy now.

If we cant play him the auditor could argue he should be impaired to zero. Leaving Man Utd with a £65 mill loss and in breach of FFP/P&S. Man Utd spending will be heavily restricted for the next couple of years.
Probably for the best. At least we won't end up with more pricks like Sancho and Antony

Did I read someone defending Antony sending a message to his ex stating she could go feck her self and that he hoped she would die? Thats how we want United players to behave?

He's likely done here and good riddance.

3 accusations by unrelated women(presumably) is damning and awful.