Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

Ahh so we released Greenwood not because he was involved in some really scurrilous behaviour, but because a celebrity made a comment about it!

Her and everyone else, I standby it if he didn't play for Man United he would be still playing for his club.

Are there people in this thread who want Antony suspended over these allegations, without credible evidence (as far as I know, open to correction)? Genuine question
I saw a few who went as far as to call for him to have his contract terminated. They got roasted in the replies though, so it's definitely not the majority view here.

She's felt the need to weigh in on Giggs, Greenwood and Antony in recent weeks pretty much saying she'll never support the club again if they aren't fired etc.

Innocent until guilty? Not in judge Rileys eyes.

I see your confusion here. She's not actually a judge mate. She's on the tele. She's just an uninformed commentator.

She's felt the need to weigh in on Giggs, Greenwood and Antony in recent weeks pretty much saying she'll never support the club again if they aren't fired etc.

She's not a judge, she's a person giving her opinion. There are thousands of people doing it, but somehow this woman - who I had never heard of before this - is being singled out and attacked in the most absurd ways. I would bet all the money in my pocket it's because she's a woman with strong opinions and many man feel small when they meet one. Of course I would also bet all my money these man foaming from their mouths would never admit it.

She's entitled to her opinion as much as anyone on this forum.

“SHE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!!!!” Exclaimed GledTheRed with tears in his eyes as he tucked into his Pot Noodle.

Why lie like this? It's very weird behaviour. She has said that she would stop supporting United if they brought Greenwood back into the team, not if he wasn't fired. She has not said anything about quitting support over Antony or Giggs.

Nobody's livelihood has or will be suspended without a guilty verdict in a court of law so enough of the untrue hysteria.
I agree, but I’m not sure if Greenwood agree. Social media has become the fifth state power and if the social media brigade decide public gaping stick isn’t enough it doesn’t stop there.

Now I'm confused, as pot noodles are only eaten by hero's. (Apart from the blue ones, no one in their right mind eats them ones)

I agree, but I’m not sure if Greenwood agree. Social media has become the fifth state power and if the social media brigade decide public gaping stick isn’t enough it doesn’t stop there.

Firstly he hasn't lost a penny in wages. Which was the claim.

He can disagree all he likes but I think the video plays the biggest part in him not being at United. I'm not on Twitter so it didn't take anyone's opinions on Twitter to worsen them. Without those videos Twitter wouldn't be able to do jack to Mason Greenwood.

i don’t agree at all, it’s not uncommon to suspend someone during a police investigation.

Is there no clause in the contract where you are caught in criminal proceeding the club has every right to terminate your contract?
I'm pretty sure that clause exist in every employment contract I've signed in my career.
Antony is presumed innocence until a court tell us otherwise.Whether or not on the outcome of such a case that is possible to cancel his contract is irrelevant we will still owe Ajax the balance of the transfer fee.
All of this is another step towards dystopian society with social credit systems.

Last edited:
She's not a judge, she's a person giving her opinion. There are thousands of people doing it, but somehow this woman - who I had never heard of before this - is being singled out and attacked in the most absurd ways. I would bet all the money in my pocket it's because she's a woman with strong opinions and many man feel small when they meet one. Of course I would also bet all my money these man foaming from their mouths would never admit it.
That has me more confused than a countdown conundrum!

The hate she's been getting over Greenwood and this is really weird.

Are there people in this thread who want Antony suspended over these allegations, without credible evidence (as far as I know, open to correction)? Genuine question
Very few and most of the ones that do are either Greenwood fans or think Antony is shite. Even the journalists writing stories on how shit the club is handling it don’t actually say they think Antony should be suspended. I do think there is a possibility that he will train but not play for the next few weeks.

Very few and most of the ones that do are either Greenwood fans or think Antony is shite. Even the journalists writing stories on how shit the club is handling it don’t actually say they think Antony should be suspended. I do think there is a possibility that he will train but not play for the next few weeks.

They maybe are not directly suggesting but by writing articles like these they know exactly what they are doing. It's the same as " I am not saying the moon landing is fake, but there's this group of people who have questions about it"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...t-suspended-manchester-united-domestic-abuse/

Why lie like this? It's very weird behaviour. She has said that she would stop supporting United if they brought Greenwood back into the team, not if he wasn't fired. She has not said anything about quitting support over Antony or Giggs.

If they didn't they wouldn't be able to rage post about how a not so famous woman who has absolutely nothing at all to do with the club, our players, this case or this thread is seemingly ruining everything.

To the q's about a famous person just expressing their opinion, surely this is a touch naive? Famous people with followers by definition have an outsized ability to influence the public sphere. For example, Donald Trump and birtherism, or the NY five or whatever they were called.

The media are now writing stories like "Famous United fan DEMANDS abuser Antony be binned off" because that's how it works. If you post that, the media don't do that. With influence comes, well influence.

To the q's about a famous person just expressing their opinion, surely this is a touch naive? Famous people with followers by definition have an outsized ability to influence the public sphere. For example, Donald Trump and birtherism, or the NY five or whatever they were called.

The media are now writing stories like "Famous United fan DEMANDS abuser Antony be binned off" because that's how it works. If you post that, the media don't do that. With influence comes, well influence.
She didn't actually say that in her tweet though unless I missed something.

She can have whatever opinions she likes, express them publicly, and if her moral and political beliefs do not conform how they club is behaving, she has every right to never support the club again and express that opinion.

Similarly, the club should not give a feck what her or Adam Crafton think or say.

I mean it's disrepute once more and now it seems the club were aware of this month's ago and did nothing in fact helped to cover it up

Wild allegations but more importantly who cares if there are no criminal charges. In fact Antony is fighting back and responding to all the crazy social media fuelled speculation out there.

I read that she's accusing the club of covering up Antony's crime, and the club doctor / paid for healthcare displaced one of her implants or something?

Of course you never can be 100% with these things but there's something suss there. As badly run as the club can be at times, I imagine we'd stop short at literal conspiracy. Alas I'm not following this to any great extent it's too depressing, the chips will fall where they may.

Edit: source on that was originally from the sun but allegedly that's one of the claims.

I have not been following this thread much at all or even know who Riley is, to be honest.

Are people mad because she has tons of 'influence/ followers'?

I have no problem with her one bit, just curious if she has a broad reach.

I read that she's accusing the club of covering up Antony's crime, and the club doctor / paid for healthcare displaced one of her implants or something?

Of course you never can be 100% with these things but there's something suss there. As badly run as the club can be at times, I imagine we'd stop short at literal conspiracy. Alas I'm not following this to any great extent it's too depressing, the chips will fall where they may.

Edit: source on that was originally from the sun but allegedly that's one of the claims.
Surely no doctor from United would be so stupid to cover up a crime. I mean, that‘d be unbelievably insane.

Its very possible she was treated by the club without them knowing it was a domestic abuse incident.

I would he extremely surprised if they are trying to cover it up and are not cooperating fully with authorities.

Anything coming out from the women's team ?
I feel like if they aren't saying anything for Greenwood it would be a bit weird to say something here?

On was arrested straight away, the other has been accused of something half a year ago and working with the police in the interim. Can't compare the cases unless Antony is arrested really, then the club will have to act.

No, but the pure football fan in me would be happy to not see him in the starting XI I can't lie.

Honestly (and I'm happy to be corrected on this) the only difference in evidence that I can tell is the lack of video/recording that we had with Greenwood. So the difference in response is interesting to me.

Its very possible she was treated by the club without them knowing it was a domestic abuse incident.

I would he extremely surprised if they are trying to cover it up and are not cooperating fully with authorities.

It would be a shock if the doctor didn't go straight to his boss afterwards regardless. He was called to a hotel to treat an injury to a player's girlfriend by the player liason guy? That can't be normal.

The second anyone with any responsibility to the club's financial future heard that, alarm bells would have to ring. There is no way anyone decided to engage in a conspiracy to keep that information from the police.

So keeping Mason Greenwood despite the video and audio and no attempt to clarify them would send a message to the media thar we can't he messed with.

I think you'll find if we played Mason Greenwood you couldn't be more wrong. There would be an avalanche of negative media.

I'm only a white knight relative to the sociopaths in the thread.
All I said is the Brazilian FA have put pressure on United to at least make a statement.
what?

Let out a massive sigh when I first caught wind of this. It does feel like one thing after another, right now.

We have a huge image problem at the very least, and a huge problem with players' conduct off the field at the very worst.

No, but the pure football fan in me would be happy to not see him in the starting XI I can't lie.

Honestly (and I'm happy to be corrected on this) the only difference in evidence that I can tell is the lack of video/recording that we had with Greenwood. So the difference in response is interesting to me.

That's not an insignificant difference. The messages prove he's a psychologically abusive POS, but they don't prove assault.