Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

I was chatting with my wife on this and I think in most spousal arguements, particularly when it gets heated, the male will always sound more aggresive. As such, anybody can contrive a situation where a snippet of evidence looks really bad.

What's the WiFi like in 1956?

Thats not the point to the post i was responding to.

The poster implied there is no trial by media, but in Greenwoods case (regardless of whether you agree with it or not) there was and the outcome was because of the media backlash. You can be happy that hes gone, but still accept it was trial by media and not in a court of law.

People need to understand that this is dangerous. This can destroy innocent peoples lives by presuming accusations are by default factual and snippets of evidence are proof.

I was chatting with my wife on this and I think in most spousal arguements, particularly when it gets heated, the male will always sound more aggresive. As such, anybody can contrive a situation where a snippet of evidence looks really bad.

I don't think that's true.

As we saw with Greenwood, these things get decided by the court of public opinion rather than an actual court or what the club subsequently concludes. Given that there is so much anti United sentiment out there, I can only see this going the same way regardless of what the justice system decides.

I don't think that's true.

I have seen a neighbour argue with their spouse drunk. The male is massive, 6^3 and the female is about 5^3. They were screaming at each other and she started slapping the head off him (on front of other neighbours).

A recording of that could sound like hes slapping her and if you saw the two of them you would think hes not taking any abuse. If you heard the recording of their argument, youd just imagine this small woman being shout down by a massive man.

So yeh it happens and most male abuses arent reported for the same toxic reason that any accusation against a man is automatically believed by many. Naievely defaulting to defending the woman, is by definition sexist.

Ah, the desperation of somebody who cant discuss a point on its merits, so defaults to attacking the poster . . Good lad (or lassie or they)

I was arguing, my point being that your take is personal and outdated.

My personal experience is quite the opposite but that is also irrelevant here.

I was arguing, my point being that your take is personal and outdated.

My personal experience is quite the opposite but that is also irrelevant here.

What part of my point is outdated?

I cant elaborate or explain if you just make a sweeping statement on one point. And if you base your opinion on that point then you arent really understanding why i said what i said

I have seen a neighbour argue with their spouse drunk. The male is massive, 6^3 and the female is about 5^3. They were screaming at each other and she started slapping the head off him (on front of other neighbours).

A recording of that could sound like hes slapping her and if you saw the two of them you would think hes not taking any abuse. If you heard the recording of their argument, youd just imagine this small woman being shout down by a massive man.

So yeh it happens and most male abuses arent reported for the same toxic reason that any accusation against a man is automatically believed by many. Naievely defaulting to defending the woman, is by definition sexist.
As much as you are telling absolute facts, the caf doesn't care.

Did he say that?

I take it as he says if that happened, he would belive Antony and would like to see it go to trial where he (Lyng) can be proven right or wrong on his initial belives.

Thank you. That was exactly the point I was trying to make. Not having english as my primary tongue can sometimes make it difficult to make a clear points in sensitive subjects such as this.

What part of my point is outdated? I cant elaborate or explain if you just make a sweeping statement on one point. And if you base your opinion on that point then you arent really understanding why i said what i said

The old gender tropes.

You're confusing anecdote and fact.
They are not anecdotal, it's well known that men are not taken as seriously as women when it comes to domestic abuse, and there have been studies that prove people care more when it's a woman on the recieving end than a man. Just look at the Johnny Depp situation, until it was proven in court so categorically, hardly anyone took him seriously.

As a society we tend to normalize it, however in a normal healthy relationship this does not happen and verbal abuse can be as bad as physical abuse.

It also really goes both ways as I have heard arguments in my neighborhood where the female sounded ridiculous too. To be fair even in my case my wife tends to get much more heated in arguments than me, I don't think I'd be able to come up with a 1-minute extract from my 12-year relationship where I'd sound particularly violent as I tend to stay quite calm, and I also have seen this in other couples I know - I don't think there's a real gender driven difference there, just personality traits.

Whether it is enough to throw away someone's career and life, I don't really think so, but it is definitely something that needs to be addressed and fixed, and can't just be dismissed just because it happens broadly.

I don't disagree with majority of your post BTW. I just don't think it's really gender driven to significant extent.

The only people who are "outdated" are those who think the way Chump is talking about, which is actually most of the caf.

Can you elaborate?

He was basically implying men are a bit brutish in nature and can be easily framed. That's enlightened to you?

They are not anecdotal, it's well known that men are not taken as seriously as women when it comes to domestic abuse, and there have been studies that prove people care more when it's a woman on the recieving end than a man. Just look at the Johnny Depp situation, until it was proven in court so categorically, hardly anyone took him seriously.

Why are you complaining about domestic abuse of men not being taken seriously in a thread which has nothing to do with domestic abuse of a man?

The old gender tropes.

But males by default are usually physically bigger, stronger and more aggresive by nature and as such will always appear more over powering in an argument, regardless of the relationship.

That isnt a gender Trope, its just a fact of nature.

Thats not the point to the post i was responding to.

The poster implied there is no trial by media, but in Greenwoods case (regardless of whether you agree with it or not) there was and the outcome was because of the media backlash. You can be happy that hes gone, but still accept it was trial by media and not in a court of law.

People need to understand that this is dangerous. This can destroy innocent peoples lives by presuming accusations are by default factual and snippets of evidence are proof.

You make valid points. Some just can’t see it or choose not to.

Again, anecdotal.

The conviction rates say the opposite.

But males by default are usually physically bigger, stronger and more aggresive by nature and as such will always appear more over powering in an argument, regardless of the relationship.

That isnt a gender Trope, its just a fact.

I left the mother of my children because she was a violent witch. I never never raised my voice. I then spent years in court trying to get my kids off her as she was hitting them.

The original point was trial by media. Like all of your posts it's just buzzwords and clichés and outdated tropes.

His trial will come and if there's a chance hell get off, then he will.

As a society we tend to normalize it, however in a normal healthy relationship this does not happen and verbal abuse can be as bad as physical abuse.

It also really goes both ways as I have heard arguments in my neighborhood where the female sounded ridiculous too. To be fair even in my case my wife tends to get much more heated in arguments than me, I don't think I'd be able to come up with a 1-minute extract from my 12-year relationship where I'd sound particularly violent as I tend to stay quite calm, and I also have seen this in other couples I know - I don't think there's a real gender driven difference there, just personality traits.

Whether it is enough to throw away someone's career and life, I don't really think so, but it is definitely something that needs to be addressed and fixed, and can't just be dismissed just because it happens broadly.

What concerns me moreso is peoples really poor capacity for discussing these topics.

I have already seen the posts that are borderline "so you defend a rapist" kind of sentiments. This is from people who cannot discuss the topic in a broader sense. They only see it one way and are discussing it from the POV that Anthony (or every man accused of rape etc) is being defended by me in some capacity.

Can you elaborate?

He was basically implying men are a bit brutish in nature and can be easily framed. That's enlightened to you?
He didn't say men were, he to most people they sound more aggressive.

No mainly from my law degrees and subsequent decade of work in the field.

You are wrong, you will likely never accept that.

You are also hysterical in this thread.

:lol:

Feck me, feels like we just can't catch a break. If this case turns out to be true I wonder how many on here will be calling for him to return given he's not as talented on the pitch as that other fellow.

But its not really, Greenwood isnt gone because he was guilty of anything, it was the pressure from the media (and social media warriors). The same applies here, if people didnt get animated about the story, the media wouldnt be going mad about it. Its the tail wagging the dog, either the media whipping social media warriors into a frenzy or the other way around, regardless its the same outcome, a persons career is ruined regardless of whether they are guilty or not.

Just bringing you back to your original point. Greenwood is gone because of the extremely unusual way his terrible behaviour became public. An audio recording of him using a threat of violence to try and force someone to have sex without consent. A recording that he has never provided any denial or explanation about. That is why he was forced out of the club. No need to pretend that didn't happen and his career was ruined through no fault of his own.

Anyway, back to Antony...

I left the mother of my children because she was a violent witch. I never never raised my voice. I then spent years in court trying to get my kids off her as she was hitting them.

I am sorry to hear that. I was abused by a local nurse and have had toxic family members (females) destroy my self confidence and worth throughout my life. They convinced me all men are pieces of sh*t, so after years of therapy you can see why I might hit back against toxic feminist default stances.

If you were a female, youd probably have the kids at this stage, thats how society treats men, guilty by default or probably the aggresor by default. Certainly in Ireland, i know men who are afraid of their lives of upsetting their partners. My brother in laws wife went off the rails (ended up in a mental institution) and he did everything he could to help. Then she left him to look after the kids on his own (which he did). But he was afraid she would be vengeful (even though he did nothing wrong) and did everything he could to appease her while looking after the kids. He was afraid the courts would take his family home and she would destroy everything bacause the courts usually favour woman by default, epecially when it comes to kids.

I guess, as somebody who was a victim of female abuses throughout my life, I dont like to see the naievely toxic default stance presuming they are always the victims.

I dont have a 1950s view of the world, I just dont have a narrow minded default status that jumps on every bandwagon.

What concerns me moreso is peoples really poor capacity for discussing these topics.

I have already seen the posts that are borderline "so you defend a rapist" kind of sentiments. This is from people who cannot discuss the topic in a broader sense. They only see it one way and are discussing it from the POV that Anthony (or every man accused of rape etc) is being defended by me in some capacity.

That's rich from someone who implied the alleged victim might be framing him, based on nothing.

I don't see it any way by the way. There will be a trial and if he did it,, feck him, and if she made it up then feck her. But we cant extrapolate anything about men or women from this case. Just that man and that woman.

I'm not complaining, maybe read the comments before barging in?

I read the comments. You're defending Chump's bizarre notion that an audio recording of a man beating a woman would be indistinguishable from that of a woman beating a man. Then going off on a tangent about male domestic abuse, in a thread about a man (allegedly) abusing a woman.

I am sorry to hear that. I was abused by a local nurse and have had toxic family members (females) destroy my self confidence and worth throughout my life. They convinced me all men are pieces of sh*t, so after years of therapy you can see why I might hit back against toxic feminist default stances.

If you were a female, youd probably have the kids at this stage, thats how society treats men, guilty by default or probably the aggresor by default. Certainly in Ireland, i know men who are afraid of their lives of upsetting their partners. My brother in laws wife went off the rails (ended up in a mental institution) and he did everything he could to help. Then she left him to look after the kids on his own (which he did). But he was afraid she would be vengeful (even though he did nothing wrong) and did everything he could to appease her while looking after the kids. He was afraid the courts would take his family home and she would destroy everything bacause the courts usually favour woman by default, epecially when it comes to kids.

I guess, as somebody who was a victim of female abuses throughout my life, I dont like to see the naievely toxic default stance presuming they are always the victims.

I dont have a 1950s view of the world, I just dont have a narrow minded default status that jumps on every bandwagon.

Cheers, I do have the kids. Sorry to hear what you endured. We all have our scars but we can only try to not let them dictate as to who we are.

Femininism as a whole is not personal, it's an attempt to shift the structural issues.

That's rich from someone who implied the alleged victim might be framing him, based on nothing.

I don't see it any way by the way. There will be a trial and if he did it,, feck him, and if she made it up then feck her. But we cant extrapolate anything about men or women from this case. Just that man and that woman.

I didnt imply she was doing anything, I said it can be easy to frame somebody. Dont put words in my mouth. Again you trying to attack me, instead of my point.

My stance on the Anthony case, is that I dont know what happened, neither does anybody else.

No mainly from my law degrees and subsequent decade of work in the field.

You are wrong, you will likely never accept that.

You are also hysterical in this thread.

Ba-zing!

Cheers, I do have the kids. Sorry to hear what you endured. We all have our scars but we can only try to not let them dictate as to who we are.

Femininism as a whole is not personal, it's an attempt to shift the structural issues.

the concerns I have is that I have three boys and they are coming up in a world that is trying to correct an imbalance (which is good) in a quite aggresive way that will have male victims (which is bad).

I think this is not uncommon, where society shifts from one extreme (no protection for woman) to another (no protection for men, guilty by default).

I have been on the receiving end of a racist accusation. I proved it categorically slanderous and wrong, I was the victim (which is why they threw out the race card), but like my solicitor said, mud sticks.

We are all influenced by life events, I guess mine have been that its very easy for a persons life and reputation to be destroyed, I dont think thats good.

What happened to the "no d*ckhead policy"?

Or did the recruiting team pick up the wrong pile of papers after they'd been sorted :eek: