Antony under investigation by Brazilian authorities for domestic abuse | Inquiries ended | Back in the squad

This club is done, from ownership to the players.

To be fair Amber Heard was fecked because everyone loved Jonny Depp, she had no chance from the start of that trial and the court of public opinion had already decided Depp was innocent. You're not telling me that he's not given her a clout a few times when he's been high on booze and drugs, there was evidence that wasn't admissible in court which basically proved he'd given her a dig on a plane or something I think I read somewhere.

The irony of your post is unreal.

Complaining about the court of public opinion whilst at the same time being your own judge and jury.

"Or something i think i read somewhere" - sounds factual.

I guess in the same context we can say Antony doesn't stand a chance then?

For some clarity, as there are some truly awful takes on here. It is completely different to the Greenwood case. Even ignoring the audio.

MG Case. Source BBC.

A force spokesman said: "We are continuing to investigate a report made to us on Sunday 30 January of online social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence.
A 20-year-old man arrested that day on suspicion of the rape and assault of a woman, and threats to kill, remains on bail.
An application has been made to the courts to have his bail extended beyond Saturday 30 April, but the hearing isn't expected to be until mid-June.
The suspect will remain on conditional bail until the date of the court hearing."

Antony Case. Source BBC.
Antony is accused of attacking his former girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin "with a headbutt" in a Manchester hotel room on 15 January... Police in Sao Paulo and Greater Manchester are investigating the claims, which the player has denied.

To be fair Amber Heard was fecked because everyone loved Jonny Depp, she had no chance from the start of that trial and the court of public opinion had already decided Depp was innocent. You're not telling me that he's not given her a clout a few times when he's been high on booze and drugs, there was evidence that wasn't admissible in court which basically proved he'd given her a dig on a plane or something I think I read somewhere.
Good to see you use iron clad sources when talking about serious matters, just what this thread needs.

He should be suspended it's another bad look by the club to not at least suspend him until the investigation is over.

"Here's a picture, she says it was caused by him, he disagree but the judge agreed that we're allowed to show it anyway so you can make your own mind up"

Does your knowledge of how trials work come from the telly?

It's literally insane if you think that meets he threshold for evidence admissable at a criminal trial.

Unless the photo is contemporaneously notarised by officials the photo never passees the bar for evidence. It clearly didn't pass the threshold required to be evidence for arrest yet you think it's admissable in a trial?

"All evidence is admissable 99/100 if there is a written statement from the person who wants to intoduce it to court that is true"

Sorry but that's equal parts ridiculous and hilarious. What evidence would you suppose ever gets thrown out on account of the fact presumably everyone's willing to sign statements to say they think their evidence is true?

The ignorance both of the legal proces and crimal trials is astonishing and why 'going on Oprah' is so effective a tactic on so many people

No mainly from my law degrees and subsequent decade of work in the field.

You are wrong, you will likely never accept that.

You are also hysterical in this thread.

I really don’t like trial by media, it’s setting a dangerous precedent. Media snippets is not enough to condemn a person.

Keep thinking of Amber heard who abused Johnny depp and made it look like she was the victim.

Anthony deserves to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. This whole hysteria where people have already sentenced him is bollox.

It's just the media, not trial by media. The trial will happen.

Question her motives, that's fine. But whatever her motives it is worth keeping in mind that she might be telling the truth and is a victim in all of it. I just don't see the point in making this about motive, personally.
She might also be telling lies and is not a victim and that is what the legal proceedings are about and not a favouritism contest.
Best for all to ignore this or these threads until the truth is cleared by the authorities. Anything else is just another mess.

Oi. I'm not comparing Sancho to Antony or Antony to Greenwood. I'm highlighting the fact that journalists are writing about United's players. Not about our achievements on the field. Hence the word "scandal"
I know, but still.

Ban-tony.
He attacked Garbiella Cavani with a headbutt. Crazy lad.

Off-topic, I always thought you were a copper Doof?

It's just the media, not trial by media. The trial will happen.
But its not really, Greenwood isnt gone because he was guilty of anything, it was the pressure from the media (and social media warriors). The same applies here, if people didnt get animated about the story, the media wouldnt be going mad about it. Its the tail wagging the dog, either the media whipping social media warriors into a frenzy or the other way around, regardless its the same outcome, a persons career is ruined regardless of whether they are guilty or not.

Amber Heard is a good example. What she did was despicable but until the trial I chose to listen to her. Then the trial came and everything was cleared up.
The same here. If the alleged victim is lying it will get cleared up and Antony will not lose his career.
But if we start not believing victims and evidence simply gets swepped aside we end in a very different situation.

Seriously ? You cant reason with this sort of thinking. So you choose guilt on the male part by default and think thats objectively prudent ? FFS

This club is done, from ownership to the players.

Yep. In it's current state, it will keep limping from one thing to another. It needs to be taking into 'special measures' or something like that. Or pay someone with some stones a couple of £million and tell him or her to get this place sorted. Because Man Utd is becoming a bit of an embarrassment, and it need not be. That's the thing that is annoying.. it should be one of the most fantastic Sports organisations in the world. A club of dreams, expression, fun, unity, fans, memories, great players, young talent, legends never to be forgotten.

It currently is a place of poor judgement, insecurity and panic, and too many people taking too much cash for f***ing the place up.

And ETH and his coaching staff need to be protected from that. So do the better (in terms of attitude) players.

But its not really, Greenwood isnt gone because he was guilty of anything, it was the pressure from the media (and social media warriors). The same applies here, if people didnt get animated about the story, the media wouldnt be going mad about it. Its the tail wagging the dog, either the media whipping social media warriors into a frenzy or the other way around, regardless its the same outcome, a persons career is ruined regardless of whether they are guilty or not.

He wasn't convicted of anything. And I'm glad he's gone in the absence of anything to explain what we saw.

There's a heavily contested statement which Ronaldo filled in, in which he basically admits the crime. His side obviously deny it is real.

I've seen it, I just can't imagine for a second that it's real. Why would he admit to doing that?

"I pulled my dick out and jizzed on her and the blanket after she repeatedly said no" is part of that transcript.

Currently it’s just one persons word vs another. But the fact that he has released this statement now makes me wonder if it’s preemptive and he might be getting called in for a talk either by the brazilian or manchester police?

man this season just got the worst start since I can remember, I were embarrased by the "lets the women decide" Greenwood case and now this, yes he is innicent intil found gulty but we really did not need this now.

and Sancho wtf, club is a mess

"Here's a picture, she says it was caused by him, he disagree but the judge agreed that we're allowed to show it anyway so you can make your own mind up"

Does your knowledge of how trials work come from the telly?

It's literally insane if you think that meets he threshold for evidence admissable at a criminal trial.

Unless the photo is contemporaneously notarised by officials the photo never passees the bar for evidence. It clearly didn't pass the threshold required to be evidence for arrest yet you think it's admissable in a trial?

"All evidence is admissable 99/100 if there is a written statement from the person who wants to intoduce it to court that is true"

Sorry but that's equal parts ridiculous and hilarious. What evidence would you suppose ever gets thrown out on account of the fact presumably everyone's willing to sign statements to say they think their evidence is true?

The ignorance both of the legal proces and crimal trials is astonishing and why 'going on Oprah' is so effective a tactic on so many people

SOMEONE TAKE @stw2022 TO THE BURN UNIT

I've seen it, I just can't imagine for a second that it's real. Why would he admit to doing that?

"I pulled my dick out and jizzed on her and the blanket after she repeatedly said no" is part of that transcript.
Not for this thread to be honest

man this season just got the worst start since I can remember, I were embarrased by the "lets the women decide" Greenwood case and now this, yes he is innicent intil found gulty but we really did not need this now.

and Sancho wtf, club is a mess
250m + down the pan !

He wasn't convicted of anything. And I'm glad he's gone in the absence of anything to explain what we saw.

Thats not the point to the post i was responding to.

The poster implied there is no trial by media, but in Greenwoods case (regardless of whether you agree with it or not) there was and the outcome was because of the media backlash. You can be happy that hes gone, but still accept it was trial by media and not in a court of law.

People need to understand that this is dangerous. This can destroy innocent peoples lives by presuming accusations are by default factual and snippets of evidence are proof.

I was chatting with my wife on this and I think in most spousal arguements, particularly when it gets heated, the male will always sound more aggresive. As such, anybody can contrive a situation where a snippet of evidence looks really bad.