View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dislike a lot of posters on here, ridiculously negative.

Are you new here? :lol:
No, but it is only now that it's really notable to me. I can be "negative" myself, but failing to just see anything good in your own players is beyond me.

That reverse pass is something he'll get so many assist from if he looks to do it, opponent always expect him to shoot and wouldn't see it coming. That's another trick he can add to the finesse strike.
Good goal too

That reverse pass is something he'll get so many assist from if he looks to do it, opponent always expect him to shoot and wouldn't see it coming. That's another trick he can add to the finesse strike.
Good goal too

I think, with Højlund coming in, he'll look to do it a lot more. He runs the channels and has brilliant off-the-ball movement, so Antony will probably create more chances with Højlund as the striker. Definitely didn't benefit from having Weghorst on top last season.

Very good second half and game in general. If he looked to do the things he did in the second half, he wouldn't receive half as much as criticism that he has so far.

There was no silly shot from outside the box today also.

I think, with Højlund coming in, he'll look to do it a lot more. He runs the channels and has brilliant off-the-ball movement, so Antony will probably create more chances with Højlund as the striker. Definitely didn't benefit from having Weghorst on top last season.
Yes having a 9 who makes runs will help but sometimes he is so tunnel vision. If he can keep his options open he'll be a real threat.

Man gets a goal and an assist and there’s still folk digging him out on here. Feck sake. :wenger:
100% agree its now out of order. Get in a striker and let the boy get on with his job. He rarely looses the ball and is a great get out receiver, sticks to his feet.

Jeez some of you would swear that it’s unusual for a talented young player to improve. That’s why I don’t get all the constant criticism. Development is a process. It’s like people would rather be right and want our players to be poor so they can say I told you so? He’s going to be a good player for us. So is Sancho.

Good game. Now, let's see this during the season. It's definitely possible he can do a lot better than last year. He is a good technical player, with some very irritating habits. We just need to unlock way more incisiveness in his play, especially the creativity. But I do think Hojlund will help.

100% agree its now out of order. Get in a striker and let the boy get on with his job. He rarely looses the ball and is a great get out receiver, sticks to his feet.

His technical ability doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. The touch to kill that massive punt In the air from Casemiro stone dead was as good as peak Berbatov.

Jeez some of you would swear that it’s unusual for a talented young player to improve. That’s why I don’t get all the constant criticism. Development is a process. It’s like people would rather be right and want our players to be poor so they can say I told you so? He’s going to be a good player for us. So is Sancho.

He didnt set his price but he is being judged based on it. We also are not in the same position as say Man City are in where the rest of the team is performing at a really high level and he can progress slowly. He is a guaranteed starter in our team, a lot is expected of any starter in our team.

I think for the now and mid-term he's a important part of the team, especially in the build up phase. He's also shown his versatility where he can provide cover at LCB at a good level.

So he's someone who provides solutions for a coach like ten Hag right now and I think the reconstruction of the team will include Shaw for the next few years at least and beyond that it will depend on how Shaw looks after his body to prolong his longevity at the top of the game.

I imagine next year's window will largely consist of changing the future (and present depending on Varane's health) right side of defence (one right back who loses the battle this year moves on, and Maguire as well) and Shaw is versatile enough to play in a back 3 if we end up in more of a W-M (and buy someone like Mazraoui was for Ajax) or tuck into midfield (if we buy a more defensive RB like I don't know, Pavard).

You could try supporting your players!
His technical ability doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. The touch to kill that massive punt In the air from Casemiro stone dead was as good as peak Berbatov.
correct but even after yesterday he is a targeted by a group on here. There is an agenda to shout negativity against him even when he plays well so its got to be called out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.