2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Borninthe80ts

It’s interesting that a few people have mentioned Bruno in comparison to Antony amd I think there are parallels. Both players are hard workers and have strong and combative personalities. But both players can come in for some criticism when they are struggling for form. I think the perceptions we have of the players then takes over.

So for Antony, as he has less credit in the bank, all we see is him cutting back and shooting, even though he has a more varied game. It was mentioned that he wasn’t as productive as was hoped last season and with that I’d agree. But I’d also say the type of forward he played with had an affect.

Similar to Sancho I think he will benefit from having a number 9 that will hold the ball to play off, run in behind the defence and be a presence in the 6 yard box. I hope to see more of the quick incisive play we did against Lens in the coming season.

Man Utd 1:0 Wolves

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Crap again. He's a big reason why we struggle for goals. If he wasn't a ETH buy he would be gone.

I don't understand what the manager and club saw in him

acnumber9

How long into his second season do we have to wait to say he’s shit? Because he’s really fecking shit.

SirScholes

Crap again. He's a big reason why we struggle for goals. If he wasn't a ETH buy he would be gone.

I don't understand what the manager and club saw in him
Yip we absolutely blew 100mil
He’ll be a problem we carry for awhile, our right hand side has two incredibly limited players

edgecutter

That simple pass to Bruno and he fecked it up which nearly cost us a goal. Far too casual, but who wasn't

Superunknown

He'll get more chances, but he needs to do a lot more. He's meant to be one of our most creative players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He was terrible. This season he should be held to a higher standard considering that last season was his first. Needs to step up.

Oranges038

I think I'm done with him.

Offers very little in attack and that hair is just awful.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Mid table winger. The very definition of toothless. He wouldn't have looked out of place in that Wolves team, looks busy running about but stick him in the final third where execution is vital and he fecks it up constantly.

And honestly, he wasn't even bad by his standards which is the most worrying part. But my god compare him getting the ball in space in a 2v2 to Salah/Saka/Silva or just about any other right sided forward and it's night and day.

Litch

I am worried as I cant see what he is going to bring to the table.. ?

James35

Imagine being so one footed and then that one foot being just above average.

binary bot
Nearly collapsed when he beat someone on his right in the first half. Back to reality when he hit the daisy cutter

lsd

The Oracle
He works hard and tracks back well but attacking wise he is truly truly awful.

I just don't see that improving and you can see already it will be more difficult for him as every team knows what he is going to do.

Should we keep playing a winger who is only good defensively is the question?

Jev

Mid table winger. The very definition of toothless. He wouldn't have looked out of place in that Wolves team, looks busy running about but stick him in the final third where execution is vital and he fecks it up constantly.
He'd never get in ahead of Neto who is miles better. It's never gonna happen with Antony, he brings zero threat and is a major reason why we can't score. He was a gigantic waste of money but it'll probably take at least another year before ETH acknowledges it.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He'd never get in ahead of Neto who is miles better. It's never gonna happen with Antony, he brings zero thread and is a big reason why we can't score. He was a gigantic waste of money but it'll probably take at least another year before ETH acknowledges it.
I probably agree, just was more making a point about the type of player he is.

Putting all banter aside

Who could 've thought that someone who wasn't even extremely special at the Eredivisie would be dogsh*t at Man. United. Absolutely horrendous performance, again.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Did well in the first half.

The guy is trying - first game and all and I will wait until he gets some time with a striker that can hold back the central defenders.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He works hard and tracks back well but attacking wise he is truly truly awful.

I just don't see that improving and you can see already it will be more difficult for him as every team knows what he is going to do.

Should we keep playing a winger who is only good defensively is the question?
No. Our best bet is either playing Sancho on the right and allowing him to create from there, or playing Mount as a 4th midfielder there and having Hojlund/Rashford as a pair up top.

zaafi

He'd never get in ahead of Neto who is miles better. It's never gonna happen with Antony, he brings zero threat and is a major reason why we can't score. He was a gigantic waste of money but it'll probably take at least another year before ETH acknowledges it.
Is he really? He has zero end product. Similar to Adama Traoré.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Bad. Very bad. I wouldn't be surprised at all, should either Sancho or Pellistri get the nod ahead of him for the Spurs game. And it's not that he wasn't able to force the issue, no one seemed able to do that tonight. But going to press alone when the rest of the team is in defensive transition, not able to keep the ball in the build-up, coming inside when he should be making himself available for the switch-ball and staying wide when he should be occupying more central positions... Completely out of synch.

kundalini

I thought he was clearly the best of our starting front three in the first half, only one who was putting in a reasonable performance. 2nd half terrible.

Liked that he tried to put in crosses with his right foot for a change.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This guy is shite. Sancho will take his spot

saivet

Maybe my expectations of him are low, but I thought he was okay.

Pirlo'sBeard

Compare him to Pedro Neto.

Same age, however the difference in quality is substantial.

PSV

Thought he did okay today, but in fairness the two others up front were invisible. Didn't shoot every opportunity, which was refreshing.

TempusFugit

This guy can't pass. That's it, that's the reason why he looks so ineffective when he gets the ball. He can shield the ball well and ride challenges, but when it comes to actually creating danger he's utterly useless.

You see how our other forwards like Sancho, Martial and even Rashford sometimes can get the ball to the player most likely to cause damage, well Antony can't do that consistently. If the pass isn't on with his left foot he'll just kill the counter attack. Passing angles, weighting his passes correctly, floating crosses... he's very bad at all of those things.

I don't see how he's any better than Sancho or Pellistri apart from being more tenacious and hardworking. He needs some serious competition because he's practically a guaranteed starter now and our right side is dead offensively or at least nowhere near top class offensively.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Antony's decision making is maddeningly bad. He has two moves: The reverse pass in the channel and the curler from range. He will always look for one of those. Regardless of the situation. There was a moment in the second half when we had three men at the far post and he tried the reverse ball to nobody. Never looked up and saw our overload. Kid plays with his head down and after a year at United I think we're justified in wanting more.

El Zoido

He’s rubbish. I don’t see it, he wasn’t even okay. He got played in to space several times and cocked it up every time. Garnacho had a bad game as well but at least he was struggling to take on his man. Antony had open space in front of him and still made a mess of it. He did nothing right, and is unbelievably limited.