View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Antony can still come good if he stops thinking he is one cool Brazilian and he is the only footballer who has made it to the riches after being poor.

His ego is just too much and not equivalent to his talent.

So disappointed with him. Thought we have solved the right wing issue plaguing us since Ronaldo left. Do not have aa proper right winger since Ronaldo, do not have a proper left winger since Giggs, do not have a proper playmaker since Scholes and Carrick. What a disappointment.
This is what happens when you don't have experts in recruitment. Coaches cannot be trusted to do it. Data > eye test.

Eric_the_Red99

What in the feck was he thinking with the Antony signing. It kind of feels unforgivable given he had seen him up close. It just feels so obvious he didn't have the potential to even come close to being a 80m forward
I’m gonna get flamed for making the comparison but I see a lot of similarity between ETH and Moyes’s approach, ie manager who has achieved success at a smaller club, who then tries to replicate that success at United by using the exact same tactics and sometimes the exact same players, when they might achieve more success by adapting their approach for the different circumstances. Obviously though you’d expect ETH to be more capable of adapting his approach.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’m gonna get flamed for making the comparison but I see a lot of similarity between ETH and Moyes’s approach, ie manager who has achieved success at a smaller club, who then tries to replicate that success at United by using the exact same tactics and sometimes the exact same players, when they might achieve more success by adapting their approach for the different circumstances. Obviously though you’d expect ETH to be more capable of adapting his approach.
I'm starting to think like this also. Fearing the worst now.

Mike Smalling

There are definite similarities there. Erik Ten Hag seems like a much stronger character, though, and he had real results coming into the Man Utd job, which Moyes didn't. People may scoff at winning the Eredivisie with Ajax, but he also took them to a Champions League semi-final and had a perfect record in the group stage another time. Those are serious results. Moyes on the other hand just had an FA Cup silver medal to boast about.

flappyjay

To be fair to David he did recognise the need to bring in Fabregas probably should have settled for Thiago. He got Fellaini as a panic buy and with our only real midfielder being Carrick we resorted to wing and cross. The fact that he was pushing for Kroos and Herrera means he saw the need for technique and control in the middle. Carrick-kroos-Herrera on papers looks a decent midfield. Probably would have coached them into shit though.

Skills

Snitch
This is what happens when you don't have experts in recruitment. Coaches cannot be trusted to do it. Data > eye test.
The question is then how much can you trust him when it comes to judging even the talent already at the club? The likes Pellistri, Amad, Mejbri.

flappyjay

The data and the eye test said he was not good enough. Both the eye test and the data for an attacking player in the Dutch Eredivisie have to be out of this world for them to have a chance in the pl.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I will literally find something else to do if he is in the 11 tomorrow. Can be arsed with him

BlackBen

Maybe we should play him as a left back instead. Let’s try him there against Forest. He is hardworking and good defensively. Also as he’s incredibly one footed maybe just maybe playing on the left side will force him to cross the ball more often. I still have hope in him but he’s so frustrating.

crossy1686

career ending
If we hadn't spent £90m on him, he'd be out on loan this season like Amad. Not sure I can handle his shit cutting inside tomorrow, Forest will be all over it.

Lee565

Have to wonder how far eth can take us if he continues his blind favouritism towards Antony for seasons to come, it's a handicap for the team team would be like arsenal trying to challenge for the title with pepe still on the right wing

Redstain

The fact that the scouts provided a report against interest in the player because of his limitations technically is astounding that it was overturned because the manager demanded the signing. It's funny I've seen some of the behind the scenes access at certain clubs on Amazon prime and all it does is exemplify how poorly run United are. The amount of planning and development that goes into identifying a players suitability to the team and then to overindulge is absolutely ridiculous.

I think Antony is at best a bench player at this moment in time and as bad as it is Bruno should be playing ahead of him with Sancho as the firm number one in that position.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Maybe we should play him as a left back instead. Let’s try him there against Forest. He is hardworking and good defensively. Also as he’s incredibly one footed maybe just maybe playing on the left side will force him to cross the ball more often. I still have hope in him but he’s so frustrating.
ETH wants an inverted LB not an overlaping one. Can you imagine Antony next to Casemiro?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There are definite similarities there. Erik Ten Hag seems like a much stronger character, though, and he had real results coming into the Man Utd job, which Moyes didn't. People may scoff at winning the Eredivisie with Ajax, but he also took them to a Champions League semi-final and had a perfect record in the group stage another time. Those are serious results. Moyes on the other hand just had an FA Cup silver medal to boast about.
On the other hand those are Ajax result with Ajax structure and Ajax players and academy that's already accustomed to playing technical continental football

United on the other hand... Post Ole we're a car crash of a team tactical style

edgecutter

Decision making was better today and he used his right foot as well. Hopefully the start of something

Dinghy

Terrible game, terrible player. Capable of 1-2 good moments, rest of the time he's absolute shite.

Swiss_Red89

He is the opposite of Rashford at the moment.
Lots of good interplay and moments but absolutely no endproduct.
Rashford on the other hand wasn't good in his general play today but created all three goals.

I fear Antony just doesn't have the power to make it in this League.

zaafi

He is the opposite of Rashford at the moment.
Lots of good interplay and moments but absolutely no endproduct.
Rashford on the other hand wasn't good in his general play today but created all three goals.
Eh? Incredibly close to scoring and should have had an assist if Bruno could finish.

Oranges038

Thought he was better today. More dangerous when AWB started to go on the outside.

Eugenius

Looked better in some ways but still nowhere good enough. Rashford wasn't great but still made two goals, Antony has very little end product. His basic decision making and passing is off too.

Bobski

Thought he was decent, a couple of moments when he took it line and delivered a ball with his right, some nice link up with AWB. He just isn't very likeable or possessing of a pleasing style of play.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good performance. Wish he’d gotten a goal or assist to show for it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was quite good to be honest, had some good shots, but his final ball is horrendous

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looked better in some ways but still nowhere good enough. Rashford wasn't great but still made two goals, Antony has very little end product. His basic decision making and passing is off too.
It’s not his fault Bruno missed an easy change created whereas Eriksen finished a harder chance from a Rashford cross. Antony was very good today. I don’t know why people can’t admit it.

b82REZ

Arguably his best performance for us today. Was unlucky not to get a goal contribution in some capacity

Catalandevil

One of his best performers today. He is quite unlucky, he could already have a couple of goals and assists.

He understands very well how ETH wants to play. Once we stop being so direct and we try to control games more, he will be one of our most important players.

Baxquux

Would be able to do all the fancy tricks he likes at the moment in Saudi before they stack the league with consistent quality, and make even greater bank, so we should discreetly try and place him (and in the process get our money back). Showed some flashes today but level of contribution is never going to be enough for a first-11 regular....

Swiss_Red89

How is creating a goal scoring chance evidence of having no end product?
So after three games, our starting RW, which is involved quite a lot in our attacking play, has 0 goals and 0 assists and you think its wrong to say he was missing Endproduct?

SAFMUTD

He's by far our most involved attacking player, the attitude and effort is there but there's absolutely no end product. I don't know if that can be coached. every single cross and shot is awful.

AndySmith1990

Frustrating player. Like Rashford his decision making is shit. If he could improve that he'd be very good

podurban2

He’s always better at Old Trafford against lesser opponents. Let’s see if he can keep this up next week against Arsenal.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's by far our most involved attacking player, the attitude and effort is there but there's absolutely no end product. I don't know if that can be coached. every single cross and shot is awful.
He created an easy chance for Bruno, how is it his fault that he misses?

Some very good passes into the box, not necessary chances created but they could lead on to danger.

redcucumber

So after three games, our starting RW, which is involved quite a lot in our attacking play, has 0 goals and 0 assists and you think its wrong to say he was missing Endproduct?
You were talking about this game. He created a goal scoring chance - he can't put the ball in the back of the net for Bruno ffs. I agree he needs to improve productivity but I don't think today is necessarily the correct moment to call him out for it.