5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at least relieved this happened during pre-season rather than a game of consequence. Just hope the consequences are that our defenders are more cautious of being sloppy, rather than Onana inhibiting his role for lack of trust of those in front of him.

It will happen during the season too. And that's okay. Ederson and Alisson concede ridiculous goals at least once or twice every season.

It will happen during the season too. And that's okay. Ederson and Alisson concede ridiculous goals at least once or twice every season.
Also we kind of want teams to try it if we lose the ball there. It has to be a near perfect shot, more than happy if teams want to give us the ball back.

You take the odds on things like that happening for the bigger picture. Great finish.

Apart from one mistake a solid promising game. Very happy for him.

He's excellent.

No doubt we'll have to endure some moronic commenrary about him when the season starts but he's class and will prove any doubters wrong faster than Licha did.

We're going to concede a few silly goals this season thanks to this mad bastard but he's a joy to watch with his passing at least.

He’s a massive upgrade. Night and day the difference in our ability to build up from the back. He’s also shown he’s a competent pair of hands as well but most knew that already despite a few trying to create a narrative he’d ship a load of goals every week.

What mistake, that missed pass on the side that went out? Other than that, there was no mistake.

Not necessarily a mistake but there was a cross near the box he didn't punch cleanly at first.

He had a good game with some great stats in both shot-stopping and on the ball.

Not necessarily a mistake but there was a cross near the box he didn't punch cleanly at first.

He had a good game with some great stats in both shot-stopping and on the ball.
Oh yeah, good point, forgot that.

:lol:

I don't blame him for that goal but when a goalie gets done like that and dives into a bulging net it is objectively funny.

Didn't look bothered at all that he got chipped and kept doing what he's always done. Top mentality for a GK.

Never watched Onana before, but from what i've seen so far, i am very happy with him.
I don't care about the goal, that's his style and one of the main reasons we bought him.

Good performance, his starting position is very high and it's so good to see that. His heat map was like a deeper CB.

A lot more teams would be targeting him on the chip from long way out...

He'll get done a few times this season.

But it shouldn't matter as long as we score 3

Onana's had a good preseason and it was unfortunate he conceded the goal today after poor pass from Dalot which really shouldn't be happening at all. The ball was given away by Dalot when he had all the time to make the pass. But like the tweet states below, Onana was in the correct position but the execution from the Lens player was superb. I just hope we can add someone like Amrabat because I feel we'll be stronger having Casemiro and Amrabat together in midfield.

:lol:

I don't blame him for that goal but when a goalie gets done like that and dives into a bulging net it is objectively funny.
Sitting there in the net and the first thing he did was adjust his socks, made me laugh

Onana's had a good preseason and it was unfortunate he conceded the goal today after poor pass from Dalot which really shouldn't be happening at all. The ball was given away by Dalot when he had all the time to make the pass. But like the tweet states below, Onana was in the correct position but the execution from the Lens player was superb. I just hope we can add someone like Amrabat because I feel we'll be stronger having Casemiro and Amrabat together in midfield.

De gea would have saved that

I like Onana and he will be good for us but It’s so weird not seeing De gea between the sticks, I’ve just grown so accustomed to him being there over the many years. Now he isn’t it’s very noticeable.

The halfway line?
It's still dangerous. Our defenders are all up, against another team even if it's not a chip, the opponent could play a pass to their winger (if he's fast) and we'd still be toast. Not to mention that Lens team played very defensively.

I hope they do, as the vast majority of the time it will result in them needlessly giving possession straight back to us. :)

He should learn from this, EPL teams would look to catch him off his line.

Status
Not open for further replies.