Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I don’t follow this. He’s a great prospect and was good in the charity shield but he was poor tonight. Was slow to get only position, gave the ball away repeatedly and missed an absolute sitter - in fairness he came on at a time when we lost shape in midfield but he was the worst of the three wingers tonight. Stays on the bench for the next game.
He completely changed the game. His runs in behind added a completely new dimension. He settup the goal, was very unlucky not to find Rashford with his cross for another. Yes he should have scored but he put the living fear in them. One of the dispossessions was a clear foul right on the edge of the box. This obsession that all players need to keep the ball every time is crazy.

Think he’s on the cusp of a huge season.

Agreed. I always find it interesting how folk view the game differently. It’s easy to focus on losing the ball on the edge of the box, or a bad miss with thirty seconds to go. Oh, that was bad…

I watch Garnacho over the last two games and see a player who is bordering on relentless for the opposition to play against. He’s on the cusp of putting up numbers every single week.

I think use him from the bench for the first few games of the season. His pace and directness against tired defences can be a major weapon and I think he comes on with extra motivation. The other players need to find form and if he keeps up this productivity he will be starting soon enough anyway.

Wonder how he will develop this season though. I feel he has changed every year since how he arrived as a youth player and I’m interested to see how he marries his tricks, directness and shot selection.

Brighton 2:1 Man Utd New
Having watched Brighton's second goal, he was too busy running off for the counter instead of getting back and helping out his team.

He is so bad. There is zero strength, he is like a feather and that is so annoying.

Should have finished that chance without it needing to bumble over into the middle of the goal and back to his usual head down run straight into a player.

Back to last season's problems. Moments of clutch productivity, where you could say he was unlucky with the goal but issues with his decision making and reckless take-ons.

Should have finished that chance without it needing to bumble over into the middle of the goal and back to his usual head down run straight into a player.

Back to last season's problems. Moments of clutch productivity, where you could say he was unlucky with the goal but issues with his decision making and reckless take-ons.

Should have also easily buried his chance against Fulham. Mind boggling how he managed to feck up two absolute sitters in two games.

Unlucky. Think people are being a little over the top about the missed opportunity today

That said, doesn’t look confident right now. Doesn’t seem as dangerous when taking on players. Needs to grow in some aspect of his game this year.

I don't want to be like this, but this is a second tap-in miss in two matches. Zirkzee could have done more to evade it but was already sliding, and with a better finish he would't have had to in the first place.
It's all too casual.

Unlucky to not get the goal, but he’s a vast upgrade on Rashford, who should be benched and brought on only as a sub or if an injury crisis leaves ETH no other option.

That offside goal is just a small detail that I feel the better teams avoid. He should have been a bit more careful seeing as he can see Zirzkee already going for the ball. His finish should have been trying to avoid him as much as possible.

He's still raw but I have a feeling he'll generally be considered our best attacker by the end of the season.

If you rely on 20 year old wingers to carry your attack, expect inconsistent output.

In fact, expect inconsistent performances from most young players but wingers are notoriously feast and famine

Blaming his finish is outrageous it’s just unlucky it’s as simple as that.

He doesn’t have the luxury of sitting there viewing multiple angles and replays ffs he’s living out in real time.

Unfortunate but a much better player than Rashford at this moment in time.

Blaming his finish is outrageous it’s just unlucky it’s as simple as that.

He doesn’t have the luxury of sitting there viewing multiple angles and replays ffs he’s living out in real time.

Unfortunate but a much better player than Rashford at this moment in time.
My view also, clearly he's still got a bit to go, but he should be starting over Rashford easily.

If you rely on 20 year old wingers to carry your attack, expect inconsistent output.

In fact, expect inconsistent performances from most young players but wingers are notoriously feast and famine

The best thing you can do is provide the platform for them to keep having a go and performing their best. It's the opposite of what we do, which is rely on them in the few clear chances we might create for them to be ruthless in the final third. And then when it doesn't happen people ask for them to get benched etc.

Should be starting every game as far as I'm concerned.

Scored v City, assisted v Fulham and should have had another 2 goals on top of that too.

He's our biggest goal threat and he's not even played 90 minutes of football yet. Plus he's still young too, people are being very critical here.

At least he's creating chances and causing a threat. Yeh he's maybe made some mistakes but Rashfords pass last week was poor to him imo.

The goal today I don't blame him for. It was going in the back of the net fine. Zirkzee clearly raises his body from a sliding position to try and get something on it and pinch the goal in my opinion. Had he not tried to get something on it, it was going in the back of the net.

And I know at times he does lose the ball trying to take players on but at least he tries to take them on. What's rashford offering instead?

Jinxed start to the season, but there's no way he should be on the bench.

That's two missed sitters in a row. He's good but fecking hell that luck

The last game wasn't helped by a terrible pass.
And today he actually put the ball in. Just very unfortunate his mate couldn't get out the way.

The last game wasn't helped by a terrible pass.
And today he actually put the ball in. Just very unfortunate his mate couldn't get out the way.
A terrible pass what? he had an open net any professional player has to score a chance like that one. I love Garnacho but can't be excusing him like that. I've seen Bruno and Mount blamed for the chances they missed but Garnacho having an open net "wansnt helped by a terrible pass" you have to be joking.

Today was bad luck or whatever but again open net chance that didnt end up in a goal, you can blame Garnacho or Zirkzee the result is the same.

A terrible pass what? he had an open net any professional player has to score a chance like that one. I love Garnacho but can't be excusing him like that. I've seen Bruno and Mount blamed for the chances they missed but Garnacho having an open net "wansnt helped by a terrible pass" you have to be joking.

Today was bad luck or whatever but again open net chance that didnt end up in a goal, you can blame Garnacho or Zirkzee the result is the same.
Not sure if you watched it as closely as I did, having Rashy in my team.
Cursing not finishing it like any striker in form would have done anyway, but even more so supplying a poor pass. Yes, Garnacho still should have scored but he wasn't helped.

If I had to choose between starting him or Rashford I'd probably give it to Garnacho but just.

The reality is I don't think either of them are good enough. Both lose the ball so many times its frustrating. At least with Garnacho with his age we can hope he improves. He is still pretty lightweight and his decision making is still poor but I think he gives more energy than Rashford, although his tracking back was not that great vs Brighton.

I think at the end of the season we have a decision to make on the left. Garnacho needs to improve in order for us to believe he can be the no1 left winger. If not then we need to invest in another.

The most frustrating thing by far about Rashford last season was his repeated failure to track back and win the ball when we lost possession. For all his sins, this season, he has started to put that work in. Which makes it so annoying that people are talking about Garnacho taking his place at the exact time that Garnacho seems to have decided that he doesn’t need to do defensive work any more. It’s like some sort of fecking virus.

So I think its fair to say once he is fully fit, based on last season, he is our best winger. Which I think highlights one of our many issues.

I don't think he starts for any top 6 team, maybe not even for any top 8 team. Maybe in the future if he keeps developing but at the moment we are going into a season with a set of wingers that would struggle to start for the majority of the top 8...

He has that Jota or Trossard type quality where he’s always involved in goal creating actions. Yes, he should’ve finished both chances in the last two games but even on this evidence, he needs to start over Rashford. In an ideal world, he would continue being the supersub till he becomes more consistent but the options ahead of him in the team are just so much worse.

So I think its fair to say once he is fully fit, based on last season, he is our best winger. Which I think highlights one of our many issues.

I don't think he starts for any top 6 team, maybe not even for any top 8 team. Maybe in the future if he keeps developing but at the moment we are going into a season with a set of wingers that would struggle to start for the majority of the top 8...
We have two wingers with potential who should be squad players. Ideally, the club should've gotten rid of the 3 senior wingers who have been an utter failure for at least the last 12 months and bought a couple of starters with some experience.

He should be starting ahead of Rashford. All he has to do is stay onside to be better.

We have two wingers with potential who should be squad players. Ideally, the club should've gotten rid of the 3 senior wingers who have been an utter failure for at least the last 12 months and bought a couple of starters with some experience.

Yeah I agree however from an INEOS inheritance perspective I imagine it will be very difficult to offload Rashford, Sancho and Antony at the same time this season whilst getting in replacements. All 3, for different reasons, will have limited suitors and likely would need some form of contribution to their wages. If we get rid of Sancho that is a positive at least this season (would be great if we had a surprise winger signing up our sleeve if he does go). However, I think what we are realising is that we are knee deep in the much needed surgery of this squad and likely will take a bit longer than we ideally want.

I do agree that Garnacho and Amad should be squad wingers but as it stands they likely will have to carry us this season.

When Garnacho is poor, he is really poor. I know the couple of games he played are his pre-season, but he really needs to build muscle. I feel like he is weakest player in the league. They need to put him on high protein nutrition plan because all these gym pictures are not doing anything.

Man Utd 0:3 Liverpool New
Absolutely abysmal. Needs to improve drastically.

Embarrassing how our fans booed the decision to bring him off when he's was fecking shite.

He's obviously young and was arguably our best attacking player last season but the love for him is a bit cringeworthy to say the least.

He's so young, just 20 years old. We can't expect him to perform every week