Alejandro Garnacho Argentina flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
A pass that misses the defenders and lands directly at the attackers feet allowing them a strike at an open goal?

Yeah hideous stuff from Rashford.
It’s behind him with no pace on it. If he fizzes that in it’s a much easier finish. As I say, he should obviously still score, but you can’t with a straight face say that’s a good pass.

It’s behind him with no pace on it. If he fizzes that in it’s a much easier finish. As I say, he should obviously still score, but you can’t with a straight face say that’s a good pass.

I can say it wasn't a "joke" because it was played directly to his feet in space with an open goal and enough time to properly hit it and roll it into the goal with not worrying too much about the defender.

That will be the worst miss of his career more than likely. That alone tells me the pass wasn't the issue. If the players switched positions no one would have mentioned the pass and just slaughter Rashford for missing.

I can say it wasn't a "joke" because it was played directly to his feet in space with an open goal and enough time to properly hit it and roll it into the goal with not worrying too much about the defender.

That will be the worst miss of his career more than likely. That alone tells me the pass wasn't the issue. If the players switched positions no one would have mentioned the pass and just slaughter Rashford for missing.
I’d have mentioned the pass, because I’d expect better from any of our players.

I love Garnacho but if you flipped the positions and that was Garnacho playing the ball to Rashford, you would never mention the ball.

It went directly to his feet with time to pass it in.

Could it have had a touch more pace on it? Maybe. It was a perfectly good assist and an error 100% on Garnacho's account and not Rashford's.
It was played behind him so Garnacho had to stop in his tracks until the ball landed at his feet. By which point, the Fulham keeper and defender were charging towards him from both angles. It was a tougher finish than the freezeframe made it look. Still should've scored though obviously.

It was played behind him so Garnacho had to stop in his tracks until the ball landed at his feet. By which point, the Fulham keeper and defender were charging towards him from both angles. It was a tougher finish than the freezeframe made it look. Still should've scored though obviously.

It was not behind him, it was literally directly to feet. He could have played it in front of him ridiculously early. By the time he played the pass the left back made rolling it into a perspective run very risky.

The fact anyone looks at that move and thinks Rashford is at fault is complete bias against him.

It was not behind him, it was literally directly to feet. He could have played it in front of him ridiculously early. By the time he played the pass the left back made rolling it into a perspective run very risky.

The fact anyone looks at that move and thinks Rashford is at fault is complete bias against him.
Garnacho had to stop running to receive the ball - I'd say that was behind him, unless we expect players to stay standing still when receiving a pass.

I've got no agenda against Rashford. I thought he played relatively well tonight.

Reactions to Garnacho and Rashford perfectly sum up biases within a fanbase and have done for the last 12 months

Garnacho had to stop running to receive the ball - I'd say that was behind him, unless we expect players to stay standing still when receiving a pass.

I've got no agenda against Rashford. I thought he played relatively well tonight.

It was played in an appropriate area based on the situation and set up a sitter.

I love Garnacho but he is 100% at fault for not tucking that in. I wouldn't even accept hearing 99%.

I don't care whether you have an agenda, you are making an incorrect statement that is overly kind on one player and unkind on another. If you're doing that accidentally is irrelevant.

Reactions to Garnacho and Rashford perfectly sum up biases within a fanbase and have done for the last 12 months

Correct. If Ashley Young broke through and played that pass to Rashford during Rashford's first season people would have blamed Young rather than blamed Rashford for fluffing his lines with an easy sitter following a pass that was fine.

It's pure bias based on preconceived feelings about both players.

Amazed people are saying he was poor, I thought he was brilliant.

I don’t follow this. He’s a great prospect and was good in the charity shield but he was poor tonight. Was slow to get only position, gave the ball away repeatedly and missed an absolute sitter - in fairness he came on at a time when we lost shape in midfield but he was the worst of the three wingers tonight. Stays on the bench for the next game.

It was played in an appropriate area based on the situation and set up a sitter.

I love Garnacho but he is 100% at fault for not tucking that in. I wouldn't even accept hearing 99%.

I don't care whether you have an agenda, you are making an incorrect statement that is overly kind on one player and unkind on another. If you're doing that accidentally is irrelevant.
Based on the situation? It was a 2v0 where Rashford had time to take a few touches and make the pass. I expected better from him.

I would say the miss was 70% Garnacho's fault but the pass was far from perfect.

I don’t follow this. He’s a great prospect and was good in the charity shield but he was poor tonight. Was slow to get only position, gave the ball away repeatedly and missed an absolute sitter - in fairness he came on at a time when we lost shape in midfield but he was the worst of the three wingers tonight. Stays on the bench for the next game.

Created our only goal though.

Based on the situation? It was a 2v0 where Rashford had time to take a few touches and make the pass. I expected better from him.

I would say the miss was 70% Garnacho's fault but the pass was far from perfect.

See what you've done across 2 posts is highlight the keeper being close to Garnacho but then outright denied him closing down Rashford when he was actually closer to Rashford when he played the pass than when Garnacho hit the ball.

Again, it can be intentional bias or unintentional. None of my business really, it is bias though.

Will take poor performances from him, and today was poor, where he produces the match winning assist, nearly picked out Rashford for a tap in, and missed a sitter I'd back him to score 99 out of 100 times.

He's always a threat and he never puts his head down. That mentality is what makes him so dangerous.

See what you've done across 2 posts is highlight the keeper being close to Garnacho but then outright denied him closing down Rashford when he was actually closer to Rashford when he played the pass than when Garnacho hit the ball.

Again, it can be intentional bias or unintentional. None of my business really, it is bias though.
Garnacho should have scored it. But I don't understand the argument that it was a good pass. If the ball were put in front of Garnacho, it's a certain goal.

I mean, Rashford was afforded the space to take a few touches to set himself before he got close to the keeper. Garnacho didn't have that luxury.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll stop mentioning Rashford. 10+ goals and 10+ assists for Garnacho this PL season I reckon.

I mean, Rashford was afforded the space to take a few touches to set himself before he got close to the keeper. Garnacho didn't have that luxury.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll stop mentioning Rashford. 10+ goals and 10+ assists for Garnacho this PL season I reckon.

Garnacho could have chosen to take any touch he wanted when the ball was played to him. He didn't need to. He was played a far better ball than Rashford was by the way, Rashford forced the situation (as he did when he slipped the ball through the defenders legs to create another sitter earlier in the match).

Yes I think the numbers you mention are very achievable. He's such a threat.

It was a bad pass from Rashford (in fact he should have strike that ball in such situation), Garnacho still has to score it, he completely lost sight of his position and blew it, as simple as that

It was a bad pass from Rashford (in fact he should have strike that ball in such situation), Garnacho still has to score it, he completely lost sight of his position and blew it, as simple as that

It was a decent enough pass from Rashford, Garnacho should have scored 100 times out of 100 but all great players have missed sitters so it doesn't say much about him.

Lovely that he went on to create the winner. Simple as that.

Garnacho should have scored it. But I don't understand the argument that it was a good pass. If the ball were put in front of Garnacho, it's a certain goal.

If you play a pass to a player that should result in them scoring (by your own admission) then it isn't a "joke" of a pass. That is the conversation.

If you play a pass to a player that should result in them scoring (by your own admission) then it isn't a "joke" of a pass. That is the conversation.
I didn't say it was a "joke" of a pass. I said it wasn't a good pass because it made the chance more trickier than it should have been. It is not easy to shoot the ball without taking a touch when the pass breaks the momentum of your run . If the ball is in front of you when you are on the run, it is a goal on first touch. And there was enough time and space to play the ball in front of Garnacho. And no, I don't have any bias against Rashford. I thought he played a good game otherwise and the chance he created for Mount earlier in the half was good play.

Last edited:
Did decent job as a sub. Him losing possession from set piece near the edge of our box was very poor move.

Good cross for assist, made excellent run and almost had assist when Fulham defender did excellent job to stop the cross, and then open goal miss. Whatever the outcome is, good to see him involved in the game.

Originally I thought he was gonna have a stall season but maybe not, his 2 sub appearances he just causes so much chaos and he gets involved in so many big moments which is great to see. His mentality seems perfect to actually make a step up. Very young still, but he's a quality youngster. His decision making has improved loads as well. Just think he's brilliant on the right while on the left he'll probably run down dead ends like Rashford.

I was sat there laughing at the end when he missed the chance thinking look at these two chuckle brothers. That wasn't a good pass from Rashford as it was a little bit behind Garnacho which made him check back on his run but even then Garnacho should 100% have scored that chance. Criminal miss.

Still had an impact on the game with an assist which is what we wanted from a sub at that time.

One of his worst performances for United, didn’t track his man, missed an absolute sitter, didn't seem to be aware of where he should be on the pitch during moves. But assisted for the winner, looking forward to him getting up to speed and putting pressure on those ahead of him.

Sure - i don’t think that would move the performance to “brilliant” though. He will definitely have better matches this season.

100% I don’t disagree but ultimately he had an effect on the game despite looking relatively off the boil.

Has a pit bull like mentality for better or worse, always chasing the ball trying to make things happen and it usually works bur when it doesn't we lose the ball on the edge of their box.

Overall a net positive and we're lucky to have him.

It was behind where his momentum was taking him, which meant he was off-balance when striking the ball (and had to use his weaker foot).

Should Garnacho still have scored? Yes. Did Rashford make it harder than it should have been? Yes. Both things can easily be true. From memory Rashford missed a very similar goal in one of the preseason games, where he still should have scored but the pass to him had made it more difficult than it should have been. In that situation it wasn't all Rashford's fault, just like in this one it's not all Garnacho's fault.

Think he'll be getting absolutely railed by the coaches for his ridiculous dribble into the one defender and leave the whole team exposed from a free kick moment.

Realistically, we should have been 1-0 down if Perreira could dribble. Just sheer idiocy. Needs to know he can't do that.

Honestly could care less about his miss. Happens to the best of them. Happens to our forwards a lot more. Finishing is real bad at the moment.

Think he'll be getting absolutely railed by the coaches for his ridiculous dribble into the one defender and leave the whole team exposed from a free kick moment.

Realistically, we should have been 1-0 down if Perreira could dribble. Just sheer idiocy. Needs to know he can't do that.

Honestly could care less about his miss. Happens to the best of them. Happens to our forwards a lot more. Finishing is real bad at the moment.
If it's the moment I think you mean, was a clear foul.

Think he did really well as a sub actually.

It's the popular thing to hate on Rashy right now. People are so desperate to see him dropped even though he's the only player we have, who's scored 30 goals in a season. Truth is, that was an easier chance than the Rashy miss against city. Both of them should have scored let's keep the same energy.

I thought him tripping up his own feet while doing terrible step overs was worse than the miss tbh!

Not a good game. Makes stuff happen. Meh.

Think where we want to be we need better than him but right now he should be starting as he does cause chaos

Yes he missed a sitter but it’s clear he makes things happen when he’s on the pitch. It’s no surprise we get the goal and could’ve had another not long after he was brought on. Probably our most dangerous player at the moment.

That was a bad performance. We can't have wingers on both sides dribbling into a defender and just proceed to lose the ball so easily.
Defensively he was also bad.