2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Six million views in six hours on YouTube. That's not counting Spotify. Listened to it, it was everything to be expected. Joe Rogan went super easy on him. A lot of waffle about rigged elections, conspiracy theories, the best wall ever made etc
Joe Rogan goes super easy on everyone. If you claim in his podcast that yesterday alines abducted you and you went to Proxima Centauri, he will be ‘wooow, tell me more how did that happen, wooow’.

I doubt Trump picked up any new voters from his Rogan interview so whatever. It's quite remarkable that Trump made Rogan seem like a reasonable human being by comparison.

No way I'm sitting through all that waffle. Give us some cliff notes when you've suffered enough.

Gave up. It’s just free wheeling upside down opposite of truth bollocks.

When he declared he’d removed income tax by taking in revenue from tariffs a scant ten seconds after ‘We imposed tariffs and they said they won’t sell their cars here’.

He doesn’t understand tariffs. OR he does and realises his supporters don’t.

He’s basically saying that he’s going to let you keep all your money because China et al will pay to sell goods to you. No mention that all that does is massively inflate how much things cost.

Rogan is a doormat and Trump wiped his shit covers shoes on him.

Disaster.

If Trump loses this election the Maga experiment is done. It will demonstrate that moderate republicans are done with their shit.
If it’s not Donald it will be another Trump. MAGA isn’t close to being over

If it’s not Donald it will be another Trump. MAGA isn’t close to being over
His sons have zero appeal to anyone outside of the maga-sphere. They come across as complete slime balls.

Trump's secret weapon is that he sounds like the bloke who lives next door. He gives average joe who worked hard and got rich vibes.

Yeah I don’t think Harris should dignify this stupid piece of shit with an appearance. I don’t want to live in a world where Joe Rogan gets to arbitrate on elections.

His sons have zero appeal to anyone outside of the maga-sphere. They come across as complete slime balls.

Trump's secret weapon is that he sounds like the bloke who lives next door. He gives average joe who worked hard and got rich vibes.
He really really doesn’t. Like at all.

He says racist things and he promises people things they want and creates an enemy to rally against. People have also attached their personality to him and take any criticism of him as a criticism of them.

Only if you close your eyes and happen to be deaf.

Yeah I don’t think Harris should dignify this stupid piece of shit with an appearance. I don’t want to live in a world where Joe Rogan gets to arbitrate on elections.

Beyond the policy implications, I really want to see Harris win to hear the whining of all these losers. It would be glorious.

Eventhough he is the complete opposite of that :lol:

Even though this proves the system works. Trump is going to have a field day, "All Postal Ballots must be stopped."

What Trump and his poll watchers (annd other bad actors) are trying to do is despicable.

This is why every person who plans to vote for Harris (or a third party candidate) should take advantage of early voting opportunities, and there are multiple options in some states.

At this point, it’s not about who is right and who is wrong on this issue, but getting the vote out. Do not wait, especially if you live in a swing state.

Don’t boo… VOTE!

He really really doesn’t. Like at all.

He says racist things and he promises people things they want and creates an enemy to rally against. People have also attached their personality to him and take any criticism of him as a criticism of them.
Exactly. Most people who goes with the "he says it like it is" just mean "he says what I'm thinking".

Are Americans not remotely concerned that he tried to overturn the previous Election results? It just doesn't compute how any semi intelligent person wanting to live in a democracy would vote for him. It's bizarre.

Are Americans not remotely concerned that he tried to overturn the previous Election results? It just doesn't compute how any semi intelligent person wanting to live in a democracy would vote for him. It's bizarre.
Some think it was just a riot, some think he didn't play a role in J6, and some (of his base) wouldn't mind for him to be a dictator.

Why would they be concerned, if they live in an alternative reality and their chosen leader is the one who could get into power this way? They aren’t bothered by the fascist prick, because they are fascists themselves. And those who aren’t, are just gullible morons manipulated into believing that he’s their saviour.

Why would they be concerned, if they live in an alternative reality and their chosen leader is the one who could get into power this way? They aren’t bothered by the fascist prick, because they are fascists themselves. And those who aren’t, are just gullible morons manipulated into believing that he’s their saviour.

Surely 50% of Americans aren't fascists though. I know we can't really talk given the absolute state of Brexit. But fecking hell, maybe I expect too much of people, maybe 50% of the worlds population really are stupid morons.

Surely 50% of Americans aren't fascists though. I know we can't really talk given the absolute state of Brexit. But fecking hell, maybe I expect too much of people, maybe 50% of the worlds population really are stupid morons.
There's also a large share of the population that don't know what happened on January 6th and therefore don't have an opinion on it. Around one third of Americans don't even vote in the presidential election.

It’s not 50%. But many of them. And the rest are the gullible idiots I was talking about.
I think what you need to realise is that the American society is so divided, that they basically have two different media-realities. And that causes a large group of Americans to grow up without basically ever engaging with media that is not just a vehicle for disinformation. They’ve grown up with Fox News and talk radio and now live with their right wing podcasts and influencers. It’s easily possible to live in the US without having to be disturbed by the truth. And if it happens, it’s just a weird outlier and the exception from their „truth“.

They live in a complete alternative reality from us. And if you see what’s happening from their pov, things make a lot more sense.

There's also a large share of the population that don't know what happened on January 6th and therefore don't have an opinion on it.
And if you don't understand the issue too well but see that the guy is still a Presidential candidate four years later, you might think "must have been overblown."

That word has lost all meaning. Democrats use fascist in the same way Republicans use communist.

It doesn’t mean anything other than person = bad and the reasons given are mostly vague.
A lot of the things Trump wants to do are inheritly fascist though. Doesn't mean he'll be able to do them but he wants to.

That word has lost all meaning. Democrats use fascist in the same way Republicans use communist.

It doesn’t mean anything other than person = bad and the reasons given are mostly vague.
Talking about the Enemy Within.
Threatening to set the military on his political opponents and peaceful protestors.
Saying you want generals that act like Hitler' generals.
Sending a mob to try and stop the peaceful transfer of power.
Telling poll watchers to look out for people with Hispanic names.
How anybody can say that this is not the actions of a would-be fascist dictator is beyond me.

A lot of the things Trump wants to do are inheritly fascist though. Doesn't mean he'll be able to do them but he wants to.
Yeah, but we could have a lengthy discussion about nomenclature, wherein someone can feel really smart, for pointing out that true fascists are only those who belonged to Mussolini‘s movement. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Not even close to a fair comparison. Trump is actually toying with fascist ideas and language. There isn't anyone with political power in the US that are communist.

Not even close to a fair comparison. Trump is actually toying with fascist ideas and language. There isn't anyone with political power in the US that are communist.
The dems agree with him on immigration(Harris pretty much called Trump 2016 policy “a good idea”). There’s been democrats even on here who called Trump 2016 immigration policy “SS like” who have now had a change of mind.

If Trump is a fascist then why did every democrat wish him a speedy recovery after the assassination attempt ?

In terms of America domestic politics its become a meaningless term. No one really believes it in the same no one really believes there are millions of secret commies across the United States. Fascism is a very specific political form that happens under certain conditions(Its mostly a political project by the petite bourgeoisie and big capital against a revolution left resulting in a war economy and mass murder. The United States in 2024 doesn’t fit these conditions).

Things are still awful and very bad but it isn’t fascism.

Yes. Harris, Biden and prominent Democrats are not praising Castro, Stalin and Marx.

Trump, though…

The dems agree with him on immigration(Harris pretty much called Trump 2016 policy “a good idea”). There’s been democrats even on here who called Trump 2016 immigration policy “SS like” who have now had a change of mind.

If Trump is a fascist then why did every democrat wish him a speedy recovery after the assassination attempt ?

In terms of America domestic politics its become a meaningless term. No one really believes it in the same no one really believes there are millions of secret commies across the United States. Fascism is a very specific political form that happens under certain conditions(Its mostly a political project by the petite bourgeoisie and big capital against a revolution left resulting in a war economy and mass murder. The United States in 2024 doesn’t fit these conditions).

Things are still awful and very bad but it isn’t fascism.
Trump's ideology and political program doesn't have to line up perfectly with the fascism of the early 20th century for there to be fascist elements to his stated ideas. There are clear comparisons when it comes to his autocracy, wish to forcibly suppress opposition, control the media, etc. Meanwhile, there is no-one with any real power and influence advocating for the core tenets of communism.

As for how democrats responded to his assassination attempt, I don't really see the relevance, but if I had to make a guess, I'd say the primary reason was that it would look really bad for them if they didn't respond like that (or at least that's what they thought).