2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

The Obama's are excellent at this.

Excellent at public speaking? Yes perhaps. Is there much substance beyond the rhetoric though? Not for me. That speech was full of buzzwords and slogans mixed with the usual Orwellian double speak on that particular issue.

It’s been a very long day, so I might be missing something obvious, but is this not more or less the same point I was making?

Yes. Although I would say that examples like claiming Dems calling Trump fascist are the same as the right wing calling random Dems communists are more normalizing for Trump than Raoul's specific criticisms of Kamala's performance on interviews and podcasts.

The border stuff is what got him called a fascist, and the Democrats are now running on a platform to the right of this fascism. With support and excuses from the very same liberals who sounded the alarm, both in the US and on here. No more photoshoots and outcry at the cages, now it's all fine.

While the extreme attacks on asylum rights might not be technically fascist, neither are most of the things that get Trump called one. They're things fascists would happily do, along with many others.

Things that liberals considered fascist 4 and 8 years ago are now no longer so, because they want to do it themselves. Now it's the new things their opponents want that is fascist, and that will again change the next election when liberals will want to do some of those things. That's why the accusations will ring hollow for many, irrespective of the accuracy.

This isn't really true at all. I'm just going to repost a post I made that shows how the bolded isn't accurate at all.

While there are still areas of Biden's border policy to criticize it would be incorrect to say they are just Trump's policies from 2016-2020. There are some stark differences that Biden Admin changed including:
  • scrapping Remain in Mexico
  • reuniting many families
  • not having the "zero tolerance" separation of families policy
  • use of Parole for 30,000 migrants/month which Trump and GOP never did
  • far less deportations through ICE.
It might not be what some people want but it is very different from Trump 2016-2020.

EfuxJun.jpeg

_132575186_usdeportationschart.png.webp

Reality is Trump is being called a fascist or said to be adopting 21st century versions of fascist policies because he and Project 2025 match Umberto Eco's 14 properties of Ur-Fascism more than any previous GOP iteration.

Question about early voting data: The numbers we sometimes see quoted in tweets are only referring to how the early voter is registered, correct? Presumably pretty much all registered Democrats will vote for Harris (with maybe a tiny sliver for 3rd party), whereas a not insignificant (but unknown) group of the registered Republicans could vote Harris. If that's the case, can we really use early voting data for much, given it's clearly part of Harris strategy to turn moderate Republicans to her side?

Shameless career republicans like Rubio who blindly stand behind Trump because they want their party to be in power are arguably more loathsome than the MAGA loons.

Don't forget about Graham and Cruz either. They went, fairly quickly, from being "Never Trumpers" to metaphorically sucking his small cock. Actually, Graham would probably literally do it if a push came to a shove.

I think if Harris does win a 270-268 result is most likely. The sun belt looks gone and they're in trouble in Nevada.

this is supposed to be an argument for kamala given who tweeted it

Thats really tone-deaf, tbh, if you want to appeal to actual moderate republicans, i doubt Cheney's are the way to go.

Having said that, Trump supported the Iraq war, he also supported intervention in Libya for that matter, so basic logic does not apply to him as it does to any other candidate.

He has successfully sold himself, as the peace candidate in every election, even if that makes no sense at all, it could just be that he have broken the brain of the average US voter, i sure hope not...

I think if Harris does win a 270-268 result is most likely. The sun belt looks gone and they're in trouble in Nevada.

You would hope, but PA is looking less and less solid, why is the early vote there slowing down? Hope they make it upon election day, cause the 500k "firewall", isn't going to be reached at this rate.

Maybe Georgia, Arizona or NC has to make up for PA, don't think its as unlikely as models suggest, we will see.

You would hope, but PA is looking less and less solid, why is the early vote there slowing down? Hope they make it upon election day, cause the 500k "firewall", isn't going to be reached at this rate.

Maybe Georgia, Arizona or NC has to make up for PA, don't think its as unlikely as models suggest, we will see.
I stopped paying attention to the early votes but I read that the dems are still polling well in Northampton county which tends to have a big say in who wins the state.

I stopped paying attention to the early votes but I read that the dems are still polling well in Northampton county which tends to have a big say in who wins the state.

I'm on the other end, i stopped paying attention to polling much, ever since people actually started voting.

Agree that its her most likely path, although we simply don't know how many people are going to show up on election day, so there may be one or more surprises in store.

She's very much alive in the sun belt. A lot of people view NC as probably the unlikeliest out of the seven but even then high rated pollsters like Marist still have her within a couple of points. Every battleground state is winnable, I've not seen anything to suggest otherwise.

An awful lot of energy being spent in this thread and online generally to find different ways of saying we don’t know what’s gonna happen.

I think the polls are wrong and women vote will give her a big win, all 7 swing states and maybe even FL.

Most of you will think it's wishful thinking, we'll see.

I think the polls are wrong and women vote will give her a big win, all 7 swing states and maybe even FL.

Bold call. I like it.

I could convince myself of anything from Harris landslide to Trump landslide at this point. Just 10 days or so left.

I want what you're smoking, my man! No chance of FL, but let's hope to feck you're right about the rest.

PA does not report votes over the weekend. On average, the Democrats add 20-30k a day. They are up about 370k, with 10 days left (and some mail will arrive later). 500k should be doable.

Regarding FL: I had hope. But the key word here is “had”.

Last edited:

Florida doesn't even happen in a best-case scenario, its just gone, mate.

Texas isn't happening either, but when we are talking long-shots, why is it always Florida, and not Texas that keeps getting talked about? The trends in one of this states are much better than the other.

How close will Texas be? Probably not very, but yes, i believe it will be closer than Florida this time.

I want what you're smoking, my man! No chance of FL, but let's hope to feck you're right about the rest.
Florida doesn't even happen in a best-case scenario, its just gone, mate.

Texas isn't happening either, but when we are talking long-shots, why is it always Florida, and not Texas that keeps getting talked about? The trends in one of this states are much better than the other.

How close will Texas be? Probably not very, but yes, i believe it will be closer than Florida this time.

I don't think TX is happening, but abortion is on the ballot in FL and 2022/23 taught us that abortion issue ALWAYS wins.

The firewall number is including independents, with the assumption that they break 70-30. So at the moment that’s like 420k.

I don't think TX is happening, but abortion is on the ballot in FL and 2022/23 taught us that abortion issue ALWAYS wins.

Voters will just vote for the ballots and straight R down the ticket, if anything, this gives them an out, they get "best of both worlds".

I tell you now, so you don't get too disappointed on election day, Florida is not going to be close.

Voters will just vote for the ballots and straight R down the ticket, if anything, this gives them an out, they get "best of both worlds".

I tell you now, so you don't get too disappointed on election day, Florida is not going to be close.
We'll see...