2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

I the the crisisist of Harris on CNN is harsh. It wasnt bad. It was a 6/10 performance at a time when she needed a 10/10.

You said you didn't watch all of it. That is like watching only part of a United game, not knowing the result, then saying we played like crap.

When in a conversational environment, Harris isn't great on the economy or the border. It feels like she is trying not to make a mistake.

She is excellent on social justice issues and abortion, which is where she has spent most of her energy in the Senate.

When put into a more confrontational environment, like the debate or when getting grilled by Bret Baier, I think she shines. Maybe that is the prosecutor in here and maybe in hindsight should should have put herself into those environments more.

mc-enroe-tennis.gif

If someone says they re gonna do something and they we are voting to give them the power to act on it - then everyone should take that serious. I really feel some people had their heads in the sand during his first term because the volume of scandals and damage he did to this country was so enormous that only someone with blinders on can ignore it.

If Trump had a track record of following through with his rants then I would agree. In a vast majority of cases, he never does what he says, including all of his campaign promises about policy (building the wall, Mexico will pay for it, etc). He’s a vile person who is full of hot air and false promises.

@Raoul does not need the defense of anyone. But the accusations against him are unfair.

I VOTED for Kamala Harris two weeks ago, 4 weeks or so before Election Day. That was never in doubt. Yet, I believe that her town hall, from the parts that I watched, was bad. I couldn’t keep watching.

Now, Trump has always been graded differently than everyone else, and that’s part of the problem. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t say that Harris didn’t do well in a certain situation/event. I praised her during the convention and after the debate, and I believe that she has improved since 2020. I also said that she has done pretty much all that she could to win. It’s just that she didn’t do well with CNN this week.

I’m not like the brainwashed Trumpians who think that Trump is perfect. Harris is much better than Trump, but she’s not perfect, and that’s OK.

I’m voting Dem as soon as in person early voting opens up two days before Election Day.

You said you didn't watch all of it. That is like watching only part of a United game, not knowing the result, then saying we played like crap.
This is a very fair point.

But, couple of things:
1. Her answers on the economy, immigration and borders were not good as you say.
2. Her answers on Gaza (in response to one student) and on antisemitism (a question by another) weren’t good either.

4-5 topics, not a single answer sounded convincing.

3. If I, as a voter of hers and someone who’s trying to convince people to vote for her, couldn’t watch all of this Town hall, others who aren’t as convinced may have done the same.

In any case, we have an election to win. This event has been over for couple of days. I’ve moved on.

I really don't understand pro-Palestinian voters will will vote for Trump. I understand them being unhappy with Harris, but not going the next step and actually voting for the man who stands in opposition to everything thy profess to believe.

As a non American, it is so weird seeing newspapers officially endorse candidates. The liberals on social media getting mad about this even more so.

As a non American, it is so weird seeing newspapers officially endorse candidates. The liberals on social media getting mad about this even more so.
Where are you from?

I really don't understand pro-Palestinian voters will will vote for Trump. I understand them being unhappy with Harris, but not going the next step and actually voting for the man who stands in opposition to everything thy profess to believe.

there are socially conservative arabs, there are arab business owners. this was a republican demographic before w and his war on terror.

there are socially conservative arabs, there are arab business owners. this was a republican demographic before w and his war on terror.
I think that's what some people fail to grasp.

Arabs outside of foreign policy aren't some homogenised voting bloc. A lot of them are traditionally socially conservative business owners who historically have always voted GOP.

If the situation is genocide Palestinian babies vs genocide Palestinian babies regretfully, then the choice comes down to their personal circumstances and politics.

Also constantly calling them idiotic for not deciding to vote for Harris has a counter-intuitive effect.

Though the progressive Arabs who vote GOP to spite the Dems are a little insane.

“Black Insurrectionist,” the anonymous social media persona behind some of the most widely circulated conspiracy theories about the 2024 election, can be traced to a man from upstate New York.

He’s also white.

Haha go get kindly fecked - For a good couple of years, Biden's stumbles and slip-ups were hard to ignore, yet even the slightest mention of cognitive decline was met with fierce media backlash (and a torrent of abuse in places like this very thread!). Media and the Admin kept pushing this "sharp as a tack" story, telling us he was the best Biden yet, completely lying to the public because they're fake and lack morals. Which is why now that they're crying wolf none gives a shit and we're about to end up with an Orange Clown for 4 more years.

Feck the media

35UW2pZ.jpeg
Beside the face on the caption? did she answered? and what she answered if so?

This is a very fair point.

But, couple of things:
1. Her answers on the economy, immigration and borders were not good as you say.
2. Her answers on Gaza (in response to one student) and on antisemitism (a question by another) weren’t good either.

4-5 topics, not a single answer sounded convincing.

3. If I, as a voter of hers and someone who’s trying to convince people to vote for her, couldn’t watch all of this Town hall, others who aren’t as convinced may have done the same.

In any case, we have an election to win. This event has been over for couple of days. I’ve moved on.

1. I didn't say her answers on the economy and the border were good. I said...

"When in a conversational environment, Harris isn't great on the economy or the border. It feels like she is trying not to make a mistake."

It is clearly a weakness and by now her answers should be better given they are the number 1 and 2 issue.

2. What is the issue with her Gaza answer and what realistically what should she have said...

Same goes for the Antisemitism answer.

3. I guess they could switch over, watch Newsmax and see Trump talking about Arnold Palmer's cock!

I agree, but only you never did. When you start hey will be judged by any change

Media should stay out clearly endorsing a candidate, even if their editorial lines are clearly in favour of someone

Considering the guy wanted to jump down her throat every time she tried to answer his question and catch her with gotchas, then yes, i would say she did great in an adversarial environment.

Not only that, she called him out for playing a deceptive clip of Trump denying talking about "enemies of the state" rather than the original clip of him saying it. He later owned up to the "mistake" by claiming he/they played the wrong clip. Which is complete BS because why would they have had the wrong clip ready to roll? It make no sense. They were clearly trying to sanewash Trump and she caught them out....

If Trump had a track record of following through with his rants then I would agree. In a vast majority of cases, he never does what he says, including all of his campaign promises about policy (building the wall, Mexico will pay for it, etc). He’s a vile person who is full of hot air and false promises.
Sheesh if that's really what you think we got essays worth of things to prove the opposite for you. Let me know if you want me to start at 1. Even the things he didn't quite do were therefore made worse: let's use your example of building a pointless wall using tax payer money that disappeared into the pockets of his cronies (ie contractors that had no experience building one) through fraud and worse (say hello to Mr. Bannon). He makes promises and somehow makes it worse.

I agree with your first paragraph. Your second paragraph though, also applies to some of our European leftists whose contribution here is mostly just to share Twitter posts critical of Biden, Harris, and Democrats without calling out Trump either which also is a large reason for double standards.

It’s been a very long day, so I might be missing something obvious, but is this not more or less the same point I was making?

@Carolina Red says hello

By American standards, Carolina Red is basically a communist.

I've not seen anything on here that would indicate Raoul would be voting Trump and, considering the rather blunt way he tends to put his point across on other matters on here, don’t really see a situation where he would be bothered to put up this facade either.

Comrade Red

Carolina krasnyj

"Democracy dies in darkness"
Good days…

I used to be subscribed to the Washington Post. No more. I stopped a while ago.

I have been done with NYT even before that. Sold its soul to Trump.

For foreign affairs, I read French media. Not fully impartial, but still better than what we have here.

The Trump era has killed a lot of what used to be decent in this country. Everything has become corrupted/political, including our sports and media.

Trump has pissed off thousands of his cult followers tonight by turning up to one of his rallies in Michigan hours later than advertised. He spent lots of extra time with Joe Rogan and evennhas a video played to his waiting crowd telling them he stayed with Joe for longer because it reaches more people and he absolutely has to win!

Yet they will still vote for him.