2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

If Trump loses, I'm sure the FCC will be taking another look at Twitter and why its owner is using his ownership of a public square platform to promote one candidate. This is something you usually see in autocracies.

The US ain’t far off becoming one.

From the preview clips it doesn't look like Harris did particularly well on tonight's 60 minutes interview.

How are you going to pay for it and how are you going to get this through Congress were both met with obfuscations.

White House pushes back after DeSantis declines to return calls from Biden and Harris on storm recovery

The White House dinged Ron DeSantis for reports the Republican governor of Florida has refused calls from President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris as officials continue hurricane recovery efforts and prepare for another to make landfall later this week.

“It’s up to him if he wants to respond to us or not,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters at Monday’s press briefing.

Harris, a White House official told CNN, has reached out to DeSantis multiple times in the time since Hurricane Helene made landfall in his state, but the governor has not taken the vice president’s calls. When Biden visited Florida last week to survey storm damage on the ground, DeSantis declined to join him, instead holding a press conference with reporters four hours north of the area the president toured.

“We invited the governor, right, to come and survey the damage areas with the president – obviously, we were in Florida, we invited the governor of Florida to come, it was his decision not, to not attend or not be there with the president,” Jean-Pierre said. “The president has reached out around Hurricane Helene. He reached out. It is up to the governor, it is really up to the governor.”
This type of stuff is completely childish. A category 5 barreling to your state and you cannot respond to the President? But you definitely will be asking for some disaster funds. Nothing stopping him from kissing trumps rear right after the call but at least take care of your people first.

He knows it will get taken care of anyway though and he can still act like a big man owning the libs or something.

What does the WV resolution actually mean? Let's say that Harris wins in a close contest, Trump yells fraud and the WV legislature doesn't recognize the elections winner. Is that an open act of rebellion that has to be thwarted by force? Or will nothing significantly change bar a few government's paychecks going through a different process? Or maybe something in the middle?

What does the WV resolution actually mean? Let's say that Harris wins in a close contest, Trump yells fraud and the WV legislature doesn't recognize the elections winner. Is that an open act of rebellion that has to be thwarted by force? Or will nothing significantly change bar a few government's paychecks going through a different process? Or maybe something in the middle?
It doesnt mean anything practically for this election, as it is a guaranteed Trump win there anyway, but if not dealt with it sets a precedent for partisan state legislatures to reject the official democratic result and send their own handpicked EC delegation to DC.

I don’t see how Harris can beat Trump and the deluge of shit he has in his favour.

Trump second term feels inevitable at the point, and I honestly dread to think what that means for the country in the short to medium term.

I don’t see how Harris can beat Trump and the deluge of shit he has in his favour.

I don't think I agree. Trump got his ass handed to him last time out, and I don't think he's growing his voter base. It could well be close, and if the electoral dice fall his way on the night nothing is impossible, but Harris still feels like she has more paths to 270.

I don't think I agree. Trump got his ass handed to him last time out, and I don't think he's growing his voter base. It could well be close, and if the electoral dice fall his way on the night nothing is impossible, but Harris still feels like she has more paths to 270.

The hurricane(s) are going to stop a lot of people turning out, and the GOP will stop or ignore a lot of others.

From the preview clips it doesn't look like Harris did particularly well on tonight's 60 minutes interview.

How are you going to pay for it and how are you going to get this through Congress were both met with obfuscations.

Ouch, I saw those moments.

This should massively affect red states though which should mean fewer Republican votes as well.

That’s assuming there’s a hurricane in early Nov. If these two recent ones are going to do anything, it will probably curtail early voting, which will be a drag for Dems since it’s they who actually prefer mail in voting.

It is not a tough question. The answer is, we let the Trump tax cuts that benefited the richest in society expire in 2025. With that the corporate tax rate goes back up. We then propose a new tax bill focused on the middle class.

And if Republicans want to vote against a plan to help the middle class and small business, let them vote against it.

She needs some help from the likes of Mark Cuban to shape these answers.

Last edited:

White House pushes back after DeSantis declines to return calls from Biden and Harris on storm recovery

This type of stuff is completely childish. A category 5 barreling to your state and you cannot respond to the President? But you definitely will be asking for some disaster funds. Nothing stopping him from kissing trumps rear right after the call but at least take care of your people first.

He knows it will get taken care of anyway though and he can still act like a big man owning the libs or something.

They want chaos. They want to point fingers.

Trump is praying for as many issues as possible, including devastating Hurricanes and loss of life. Same reason he wanted the border bill stoped and the same reason he starts shouting about a "Kamala Crash" when the market dips for one day.

100 Republicans voted against extended FEMA funding as part of the continuing resolution, including many from the States hit by Helene....

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-voted-against-fema-funding-1963980

They wanted to shut the Government down as the request of Trump.

It would seem that Bill Whitaker is a tougher interviewer than the Call Me Daddy girl!!

Not great. I can't think that anyone has watched that and changed their vote from red to blue. Or even convince an undecided to vote for her.

Trump sits back. Avoids the tough questions and comes out the winner.

Perhaps why after months of weeks of being neck and neck in the Polymarket odds, Trump has taken a 7.5. point lead...

https://polymarket.com/elections

Trump second term feels inevitable at the point, and I honestly dread to think what that means for the country in the short to medium term.

I don't get this "inevitability" about Trump personally, he is not actually all that popular, the GOP is not popular.

Another thing, there is a distinct lack of enthusiasm for Trump this time around, you don't want your candidate to be trailing on this one, even if it may not be end all be all.

Voter fatigue for Trump may be a very real thing.

Last edited:
It would seem that Bill Whitaker is a tougher interviewer than the Call Me Daddy girl!!

Not great. I can't think that anyone has watched that and changed their vote from red to blue. Or even convince an undecided to vote for her.

Perhaps why after months of weeks of being neck and neck in the Polymarket odds, Trump has taken a 7.5. point lead...

The 60 minutes intro lacerating Trump for chickening out of the interview was actually better than the Harris interview itself.

“Grazed” in an assassination attempt. :lol:

I thought you people wanted Harris do to these things, but now it is a bad thing, actually?

Trump backed out of 60 minutes like a coward, by comparison, it does not make him look like a winner.

I thought you people wanted Harris do to these things, but now it is a bad thing, actually?

Trump backed out of 60 minutes like a coward, by comparison, it does not make him look like a winner.

Yes she should do more interviews like this. However she’s not going to receive praise for being mediocre.

If Trump loses, I'm sure the FCC will be taking another look at Twitter and why its owner is using his ownership of a public square platform to promote one candidate. This is something you usually see in autocracies.

I was trying to get at this in the Elon Musk thread, that this seems like it should be illegal somehow, but the feedback in there was that apparently it's not and this is normal

If that's the case Biden cant claim credit for good economy. You cant have it both ways.

Although i personally believe that neither D or R president have much control over global prices beyond a push here and there. I dont even think they have power over the Feds regarding interest rates.
If you’re going to intentionally misinterpret everything there’s no point bothering with this discussion.

The 60 minutes intro lacerating Trump for chickening out of the interview was actually better than the Harris interview itself.

“Grazed” in an assassination attempt. :lol:

The line of attack that Harris doesn’t do interviews seems totally deflated now. It’s basically down to a few establishment media outlets complaining that she isn’t doing it with them. Now that Trump is dodging both 60 Minutes and a second debate, they could turn it around on him. But perhaps the narrative has stuck.

It's tricky - obviously folk like most posters here would like to see some targeted ads pointing out that in the days before the election, Trump is only seeking safe spaces, but I'm not sure which voters that could sway.

We need turnout for the dems. Whether that's abortion, fear for democracy, Trump hatred...or Harris' policies and this whole joy thing - one way or the other that's the key in the last month.

It would be nice if the fact that he is the first candidate to refuse the interview in modern history to be a bigger story. But the media just will never hold him to account, so I guess it doesn't matter. I just for once wish it would, because I honestly think voters would follow.

The line of attack that Harris doesn’t do interviews seems totally deflated now. It’s basically down to a few establishment media outlets complaining that she isn’t doing it with them. Now that Trump is dodging both 60 Minutes and a second debate, they could turn it around on him. But perhaps the narrative has stuck.
Because they can’t make money off her while trump gives them continuous sound bites. The only reason this election may even be close is because Trumps bullshit is being sane washed.

But as pointed out on reddit today, what support legacy media when it’s all behind a pay wall?

The only thing that makes me think this won’t be a trump win or even close is that the actual people around America are reporting he has visibly less support around.

I have resigned myself to the fact that Trump will win and win comfortably. Most of the battle ground states are too close for comfort and I always feel there is a Trump (/Republican) advantage when things are so close as there are a lot of people who do not want to explicitly express their support for him.

I am assuming the worst case scenario and would rather be pleasantly surprised, then pin my hopes on a Dem win and be extremely disappointed.

Badass. I doubt draft dodger Trump has ever fired a gun. I like Presidents that shoot guns, not ones who get shot by guns.

NYT/Siena getting in line with other national polls, at long last, in a way, its better than it looks, considering they released a Florida poll with Trump in a big lead.

Now, Trump's numbers are probably higher than they will be, but if GOP "waste" their part of the national vote in Florida again, like a couple of years ago, dems won't mind that.
Also poll for Texas, the usual, Trump up by 6, about 2020 margins.

Now, Trump's numbers are probably higher than they will be, but if GOP "waste" their part of the national vote in Florida again, like a couple of years ago, dems won't mind that.
Also poll for Texas, the usual, Trump up by 6, about 2020 margins.
There is definitely some more nuance needed on national vote margins. I recently listened to a podcast, where they mentioned that the margins in states like New York and California will probably not be as wide as usual, but still clearly go to Harris, so that drags down the national vote a bit. She may not actually need a +5-6% win on the popular vote.

There is definitely some more nuance needed on national vote margins. I recently listened to a podcast, where they mentioned that the margins in states like New York and California will probably not be as wide as usual, but still clearly go to Harris, so that drags down the national vote a bit. She may not actually need a +5-6% win on the popular vote.

New York dems are a mess, i hope dems find house majority without the state.

I really don’t buy this FL poll, nor do I buy the NY poll showing Harris slipping 10 pts vs Biden 2020.

My hunch is NYT/Siena is in for a big miss this year, like they did when they polled a race as R+15 and the D challenger ended up losing by 0.5%.

For the record, I think the macro trend of both states becoming redder might well be true, but nowhere near this amount in a presidential year.

I really don’t buy this FL poll, nor do I buy the NY poll showing Harris slipping 10 pts vs Biden 2020.

My hunch is NYT/Siena is in for a big miss this year, like they did when they polled a race as R+15 and the D challenger ended up losing by 0.5%.

Apparently, early numbers are looking not very good for dems in Florida, trailing previous election years.

Now, if people have changed their voting habbits it may mean nothing, but it doesn't look promising as of now, but too early for conclusions.

Last edited: