2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

so the two attemps has come from some 20 year old nerdy kid and a crazy former trumpite

any chance the next attempt could be a disgruntled navy seal sniper ?
As noted Peace advocate Gerry Adams once said..."Today we were unlucky... but remember we only need to be lucky once"

The right wing running "crazy" plays is not going to stop other Crazies from taking pot shots at people unfortunately.

If Americans could stop saying ‘Golfing’ that would be much appreciated. Heard it 100 times after the crazy gun nonsense this weekend.

In more important news:

Only one poll, but it would be great if Nevada could be in play for real.

Nevada has gone Democratic the last 4 presidential elections, it has 2 Democratic Senators and a Democratic legislature, and up until 2 years ago, a Democratic Governor as well.

So how was it ever not in play?

Nevada has gone Democratic the last 4 presidential elections, it has 2 Democratic Senators and a Democratic legislature, and up until 2 years ago, a Democratic Governor as well.

So how was it ever not in play?

I know, but I seem to recall the polls have been pretty iffy up until recently? Personally I had written it off. If Harris can nab both Nevada and GA (and everything else is as expected) she can even do without PA.

I know, but I seem to recall the polls have been pretty iffy up until recently? Personally I had written it off. If Harris can nab both Nevada and GA (and everything else is as expected) she can even do without PA.
It was Biden who was polling badly there, and tbh he was polling badly everywhere.

Harris is up 1.2 pts in the NV RCP average, it’s one of her stronger states.

Polls are pretty even in NV. Harris is up by two in the last one, and Trump was up by 1 in the two preceding ones. Its as close as any state can get at the moment, which means whoever gets better turnout will win it. Its certainly not a state Harris should rely on in lieu of winning the rust belt.

Polls are pretty even in NV. Harris is up by two in the last one, and Trump was up by 1 in the two preceding ones. Its as close as any state can get at the moment, which means whoever gets better turnout will win it. Its certainly not a state Harris should rely on in lieu of winning the rust belt.
She is swimming in money, with how close the Rust Belt states have gone the last couple of elections, it’s a very real possibility that they won’t always go together this time (as Ohio goes, so goes the nation etc….), so it’s important to widen your paths especially when you have the resources. NV + NC and she can afford to lose all of GA, AZ, PA. It’s certainly better than the Rust Belt or bust Biden was relying on.

It’s a good thing Biden is no longer running then.

She is swimming in money, with how close the Rust Belt states have gone the last couple of elections, it’s a very real possibility that they won’t always go together this time (as Ohio goes, so goes the nation etc….), so it’s important to widen your paths especially when you have the resources. NV + NC and she can afford to lose all of GA, AZ, PA. It’s certainly better than the Rust Belt or bust Biden was relying on.

It’s a good thing Biden is no longer running then.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting she shouldn't compete in NV. It just one of four states that may help her if she loses PA. But that's a backup strategy since she should first and foremost attempt to win the rust belt, which with NE2 would be enough. If she wins any of NC, GA, AZ, or NV, then all the better.

Trump using the title Comrade is... revealing. He's also telling people to go back to their own counties, so clearly he's thinking of moving back to Queens.

Also, both people who shot at him were white Americans with Conservative views. So... mass deportation to Europe?

giphy.gif

Not sure how many subscribers of Scientific American are still undecided?

I don't think any readers will switch their votes over such an endorsement. What it will do is add to a list of growing endorsements Harris is picking up, which could collectively help her in some way.

Anyway, its been taking some time, but perhaps finally, more high-rated polling from battleground states will be done, or is under way now.

It seems like all of these big pollster mostly just wanna do national polling these days, which is not really what we want to be looking at.