2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

All in all, because they are running against Von Shithispantz and the IKEA stalker, these flaws probably won’t matter, but talent wise not the best the Dems could have mustered to represent them on the national ticket.

Take the beard away...

jd-vance-without-his-beard-v0-qdqu8y7flvhd1.jpeg

They did in 94 starring Tom Hanks
That's one thing I won't miss about this place, every other tourist stopping me & asking what square the park bench is on.

It makes me happy when I tell them it is in the Savannah museum & that they aren't able to sit on it. They walk away crushed.

Since replacing President Joe Biden at the top of the 2024 Democratic ticket, Vice President Kamala Harris has neither given a sit-down interview nor held a news conference. Her campaign’s website lacks an “Issues” page (there’s only a biography). We get it, tactically: It’s tempting for Ms. Harris, as it would be for anyone in her position, to stay as vague on the issues as possible, for as long as possible, to avoid giving fodder to the opposition or dividing her supporters

Air Epstein.
The Theme from Titanic at his rally.
Vance in drag.

The Trump campaign feels like satire at this point.
Hollywood screenwriters couldn't have written a more ridicilous over the top presidential campaign.

yikes, the mainstream press seems to be going in all for her, without much scrutiny. You have to hope they grill her in interviews and not be as chummy as some of the coverage so far.

yikes, the mainstream press seems to be going in all for her, without much scrutiny. You have to hope they grill her in interviews and not be as chummy as some of the coverage so far.

What in god's name are you even talking about? The extent to which scrutiny needs to be applied to Harris is "is she Donald Trump?"

What in god's name are you even talking about? The extent to which scrutiny needs to be applied to Harris is "is she Donald Trump?"
That may be fine for you and many partisan democrats but not for everyone, including independents. The press’s job is to examine both candidates positions and grill them, especially considering the amount of flip-flops Harris has done on immigration and healthcare. I don’t care about Trump much, and hope he loses but it doesn’t mean she should not be subject to any form of criticism.

That may be fine for you and many partisan democrats but not for everyone, including independents. The press’s job is to examine both candidates positions and grill them, especially considering the amount of flip-flops Harris has done on immigration and healthcare. I don’t care about Trump much, and hope he loses but it doesn’t mean she should not be subject to any form of criticism.
Politicians are supposed to be subject to journalistic scrutiny. In theory.
State of this.
She was announced as the nominee 3 weeks ago. The DNC hasn't happened yet.

It's a ridiculous criticism to level at her given the extent to which the media have not fully explored the fact that Trump is a rapist pedophile money launderer for Russia despite having far more than 3 weeks.

She was announced as the nominee 3 weeks ago. The DNC hasn't happened yet.

It's a ridiculous criticism to level at her given the extent to which the media have not fully explored the fact that Trump is a rapist pedophile money launderer for Russia despite having far more than 3 weeks.
3 weeks is a long time as politics has shown. Vance has already done a bunch of interviews in the short time he’s been the VP nominee.

So the non-stop adulation for her is fine but the tiniest bit of criticism or request for scrutiny is ridiculous? Any conversation relating to her seems to devolve into “But Trump…”. You’re preaching to the choir about Trump but I’d like the press to atleast show a perception that they’re not a campaign arm of the Democrats and scrutinize her.

3 weeks is a long time as politics has shown. Vance has already done a bunch of interviews in the short time he’s been the VP nominee.

So the non-stop adulation for her is fine but the tiniest bit of criticism or request for scrutiny is ridiculous? Any conversation relating to her seems to devolve into “But Trump…”. You’re preaching to the choir about Trump but I’d like the press to atleast show a perception that they’re not a campaign arm of the Democrats and scrutinize her.
Given the amount of logistics that had to be taken care of for her campaign to launch, select a VP, establish a fundraising base, etc 3 weeks is nothing. Why on earth do you think she should be prioritizing media interviews instead of actually getting her campaign off the ground?

Given the amount of logistics that had to be taken care of for her campaign to launch, select a VP, establish a fundraising base, etc 3 weeks is nothing. Why on earth do you think she should be prioritizing media interviews instead of actually getting her campaign off the ground?
If she doesn’t want to do interviews, that’s upto her. My point is the press doesn’t need to cover for her and needs to call her out on it. Time magazine did that cover even if she declined doing the interview, which seems pretty bad.

Also she got to inherit the campaign finances and team from the Biden campaign, so there was already a fundraising base for her. The donors were just waiting on the sidelines to restart their donations.

If she doesn’t want to do interviews, that’s upto her. My point is the press doesn’t need to cover for her and needs to call her out on it. Time magazine did that cover even if she declined doing the interview, which seems pretty bad.

Also she got to inherit the campaign finances and team from the Biden campaign, so there was already a fundraising base for her. The donors were just waiting on the sidelines to restart their donations.

Why is this your sticking point? Why do you think it's reasonable to expect someone who launched a campaign 3 weeks ago to prioritize interviews?

Why has the press continued to cover for Trump being a close friend of Epstein who literally said on the record "I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it"? That happened a lot more than 3 weeks ago.

There's no both sides-ing this. Trying to frame Kamala focusing on setting up her campaign as some sort of problematic strategy to escape media scrutiny while Trump has done far more egregious things for far longer whilst skirting press accountability is ridiculous.

There's a link to a Washington Post article on this very page saying they want more scrutiny. It's just a very weird campaign cycle, after the convention though I imagine you'll be swimming in coverage.

Why is this your sticking point? Why do you think it's reasonable to expect someone who launched a campaign 3 weeks ago to prioritize interviews?

Why has the press continued to cover for Trump being a close friend of Epstein who literally said on the record "I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it"? That happened a lot more than 3 weeks ago.

There's no both sides-ing this. Trying to frame Kamala focusing on setting up her campaign as some sort of problematic strategy to escape media scrutiny while Trump has done far more egregious things for far longer whilst skirting press accountability is ridiculous.
You're like me pal, I prefer that one of the candidates in a two horse race in which I vote in isn't a convicted criminal and a dirty rapist. That candidate not sitting down for an interview with shite media isn't a deal breaker for me, we will hear enough from her soon. It's the usual "I don't like Trump and hope but..."
Any criticism of Harris is fair to an extent but let's not pretend that Trump is even remotely a viable candidate for any elected office. The guy is a fecking rapist and he should be treated as such.

The Elon interview is a hot mess express.

Elon stars off, apologies for the 45 min lateness due to a "DOS attack". But it seemed like the same at the Ron DeSantos fail.

Elon says, "this isn't an interview but a conversation because during a conversation you really can get a better feeling for a person".

50 mins in, it sounds exactly like a his ranting press conference.

The Elon interview is a hot mess express.

Elon stars off, apologies for the 45 min lateness due to a "DOS attack". But it seemed like the same at the Ron DeSantos fail.

Elon says, "this isn't an interview but a conversation because during a conversation you really can get a better feeling for a person".

50 mins in, it sounds exactly like a his ranting press conference.

Yeah, its basically Musk invites Trump on to allow him to speak about anything he wants. 1.2 million people listening right now.

Good christ, my InfoWars-watching, Sandy Hook-denying, uber-MAGA houselord just said to me that he's just not going to vote in November.

If Trump has lost Bill & his ilk, that doesn't bode well for him in the election.

I tried to listen to it (through a youtube channel that was live streaming it) and I lasted about 25 mins but then had to turn it off. Elon tried to act like there was another version of Trump but there isn't, its the same rambling moron we see at Rallys and interviews. This isn't a conversation and probably why Rogan hasn't had Trump on. He wants him to win but there's no way he'd be able to stop the rambling

I tried to listen to it (through a youtube channel that was live streaming it) and I lasted about 25 mins but then had to turn it off. Elon tried to act like there was another version of Trump but there isn't, its the same rambling moron we see at Rallys and interviews. This isn't a conversation and probably why Rogan hasn't had Trump on. He wants him to win but there's no way he'd be able to stop the rambling

You didn't miss much. At one point Musk tried to gently promote the value of solar power, to which Trump replied that he thinks Oil should still be around for 400-500 years. That was the extent of Musk pushing back against anything.

You're like me pal, I prefer that one of the candidates in a two horse race in which I vote in isn't a convicted criminal and a dirty rapist. That candidate not sitting down for an interview with shite media isn't a deal breaker for me, we will hear enough from her soon. It's the usual "I don't like Trump and hope but..."
Any criticism of Harris is fair to an extent but let's not pretend that Trump is even remotely a viable candidate for any elected office. The guy is a fecking rapist and he should be treated as such.
We've had people in this thread literally saying that supporting genocide was not a deal breaker for them. American politics are now completely tribal, no one gives a shit about their candidate as long as the opponent loses.

We've had people in this thread literally saying that supporting genocide was not a deal breaker for them. American politics are now completely tribal, no one gives a shit about their candidate as long as the opponent loses.
Most posters on here that can vote in the US election want to live under a democracy not a dictatorship, that's a self-interest that affects them personally, events 1000's of miles away, whilst disgraceful, does not directly impact their lives, if you had the choice to stop a genocide but as a conseqence you had to live under an authoritarian and vindictive regime, which would you choose?

Most posters on here that can vote in the US election want to live under a democracy not a dictatorship, that's a self-interest that affects them personally, events 1000's of miles away, whilst disgraceful, does not directly impact their lives, if you had the choice to stop a genocide but as a conseqence you had to live under an authoritarian and vindictive regime, which would you choose?

Its a false choice since US voters don't have the ability to start or stop anything in the Middle East since both options are to varying degrees always going to be pro-Israel.