2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Which is why Newsom is a big no, a Californian governor isn't winning the rust belt states. Whitmer

Its a tough ask for the up and coming candidates. If you jump in here last minute and lose, that's likely your only shot. I don't see any of the big names being interested in taking this one. Newsom won't touch it with a barge poll, in my opinion.

Given the political reality of how tough winning as anything other than a white male would be, I like Shapiro or Pritzker.

It will be Harris though.

Newsom would accept it at first notice imo, seems like the type of guy, he has sort of been advocating for himself all year.

One could argue for 28, but then, no guarantee he is as relevant then.

Dems should troll GOP by having an old, mentally ill man on top of the ticket.

Dems no longer have that problem.

This allows Democrats to reverse the narrative and attack Trump as being too old and mentally incapable. And with 34 felonies. Will be interesting to see if Trump chooses to do any more debates. Harris is a more aggressive personality than Biden and that might work well against the orange one.

Are his legal troubles causing him any real issues though? And given what happened last week, his reaction and how it's been perceived in America, is trying to make him out to be incapable going to convince those who aren't already convinced one way or the other?

Are his legal troubles causing him any real issues though? And given what happened last week, his reaction and how it's been perceived in America, is trying to make him out to be incapable going to convince those who aren't already convinced one way or the other?
There's millions who are undecided right now. Americans start paying attention to the election beginning around Labor Day.

Biden won't live four more years. He'll be an afterthought this time next year. He'll disappear when he leaves the WH

Wouldn't most people who are averse to Harris due to her gender and heritage be more likely to vote Republican anyway?
Maybe, but what if a small percentage of swing voters don’t want to vote for her because of gender and heritage?

Regardless, I will 100% vote for her if she’s the nominee, but I don’t want her to be the nominee for a wide range of reasons. Replacing Biden by his VP is just one of them. I also don’t want Pete either.

Last edited:
Stop with this nonsense. The argument against Kamala is that she's a total lightweight, with zero accomplishments and zero charm. She bombed in the DNC primaries in 2020, finishing like 10th in a field of 12. Are Democratic voters loathe to choose a black woman as their candidate? Come on now.

Yeah I’m not a fan of hers either. It’s rather frustrating that the dems can rarely put a presidential candidate up that I actually somewhat believe in. In my lifetime it’s only been Obama 1.0 and he quickly became a huge disappointment too.

What an moment though. Trump campaign gained some crazy momentum lately but now the Dems can reshape the narrative.

It's going to be Whitmer or Shapiro.

I agree, I usually don't put much onus on the state aspect but I think the Dems having someone from that area is pretty necessary this time round. Also don't think an all-female ticket would be an obstacle.

What an moment though. Trump campaign gained some crazy momentum lately but now the Dems can reshape the narrative.
Three things went wrong for Trump this week: picking J.D. Vance wasn’t a good idea, the speech (it seems) wasn’t well received, and now Biden dropping.

The past 8 days have been among the craziest in American politics that I can recall.

Three things went wrong for Trump this week: picking J.D. Vance wasn’t a good idea, the speech (it seems) wasn’t well received, and now Biden dropping.

The past 8 days have been among the craziest in American politics that I can recall.
Maybe the Nixon debacle in the days leading up to his resignation might have a shout as the craziest, but I agree with you, this takes the cake.

It actually was. 200m from Musk and who knows how much from Thiel and other paypal mafia means that Trump will have a financial advantage these elections. I find it very hard to believe that this was not part of a deal.

Furthermore, policy-wise, Vance is completely aligned with Trump which IMO is a bonus. I never found appealing getting the VP someone who is very different to the P, that just sounds so counter-intuitive.

It's going to be Whitmer or Shapiro.
I do not think Whitmer will be in the ticket. Together with Newsom, she is the favorite for the next Democrat leader and thus for 2028 (un;ess Harris wins the election).

Harris is not doing very well in the polls, and her approval rate is bad. Trump is a big favorite against her. I do not expect Newsom or Whitmer joining that ticket.

Shapiro might be ok. Buttigieg too.

I do not think Whitmer will be in the ticket. Together with Newsom, she is the favorite for the next Democrat leader and thus for 2028 (un;ess Harris wins the election).

Harris is not doing very well in the polls, and her approval rate is bad. Trump is a big favorite against her. I do not expect Newsom or Whitmer joining that ticket.

Shapiro might be ok. Buttigieg too.
Buttegieg, for as much as I like him, doesn't have a potential needed swing state to deliver.

Furthermore, policy-wise, Vance is completely aligned with Trump which IMO is a bonus. I never found appealing getting the VP someone who is very different to the P, that just sounds so counter-intuitive.
I see this argument, but Vance won’t bring enough swing voters to Trump. That’s more important than the money from Musk or being aligned with Trump.

giphy.webp

I see this argument, but Vance won’t bring enough swing voters to Trump. That’s more important than the money from Musk or being aligned with Trump.

Its also a misnomer that VPs get selected to "carry a state" for the ticket. Ultimately, candidates choose their VP because they're comfortable with them.