2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

She is coherent so that’s a good start

I assume we have 1 or maybe 2 debates left. How do we think she will get on in those debates?

Trumps to lose

I'd say he'd have to do something really bad to lose but he's done so many bad things.

Kampala really needs the youth to turn out for her and sway the election in key states. But the swing states...

She's never been given a chance. Maybe she'll surprise everyone. I think putting a woman as a candidate is good plan especially since she'll be going up against a misogynist.
Personally, I think it’s not gender (or ethnic origin, or anything else of this sort) that should be a factor, but rather proficiency, intellectual capabilities and leadership of a candidate.

I assume we have 1 or maybe 2 debates left. How do we think she will get on in those debates?
If I were trump I wouldn't debate her. She didn't win the primary, she has no legitimacy blah blah blah

I don't think Harris has to be capable.
She just has to be not Trump and not senile.
Throw in not a convict for a bonus.
I genuinely think that'll be enough.

Does she have the "Murica" element that Trump and to his credit, Biden had that quite a lot of Americans value as the single most important attribute in anyone?

Michelle Obama would be a good option. Is that even possible?
Very unlikely. She has repeatedly mentioned she will not enter politics.

I think its safe to presume Kamala will be the candidate. The VP pick is up for grabs though. Not sure who they will pick.

I think in a 1v1 debate she'll do fine against Trump. But questions remain whether she can win the actual election. When she's the official nominee and not a hypothetical anymore, it'll be interesting to see the polling.

I assume swing-voters who were worried about Biden's age won't find any excuses to not vote Harris.

I think in a 1v1 debate she'll do fine against Trump. But questions remain whether she can win the actual election. When she's the official nominee and not a hypothetical anymore, it'll be interesting to see the polling.
Trump hasn't really been up against someone who can make him look like the clown he is.

Personally, I think it’s not gender (or ethnic origin, or anything else of this sort) that should be a factor, but rather proficiency, intellectual capabilities and leadership of a candidate.
And Harris has those attributes. She also spent 3.5 years as the VP.

I really don't know if this is good or bad. Which speaks to the dire situation American "democracy" is in. Biden wasn't a good candidate this time around, and I'm not sure Harris is either. Ideally Biden would've announced he wasn't running ages ago making it possible for the Democrats to figure out what to do. I hope they've been working on some kind of plan in the background before this was made public.

I assume swing-voters who were worried about Biden's age won't find any excuses to not vote Harris.

That's probably not true given that Harris' popularity is pretty much where Biden's is, and she doesn't have the excuse of saying its because she's too old.

She will be going up against the oldest nominee who is displaying clear mental decline.

It will be interesting to see how the media handles this shift in reality.

I heard Kamala isn't particularly popular.
But, hey, she loves..Venn diagrams, wtf !

To the Americans on here. Out of the two parties today, which has the biggest core base of voters? As in those they can absolutely guarantee will vote for them? Maybe it's better to look at States due to the way your elections work.

From the outside I would expect Trump to put up similar numbers to last time and therefore the republicans gave the larger base. Without Trump I'm pretty sure the Democrats would traditionally have the larger base though.

That's probably not true given that Harris' popularity is pretty much where Biden's is, and she doesn't have the excuse of saying its because she's too old.
Yep there really is no guarantee Harris will do any better than Biden.

Well done to bernie and aoc for tying themselves to this genocidal corpse when everyone else could see he was done for
Their “strategy” didn’t even last 10 days. They are truly the dumbest people in American politics.

To the Americans on here. Out of the two parties today, which has the biggest core base of voters? As in those they can absolutely guarantee will vote for them? Maybe it's better to look at States due to the way your elections work.

From the outside I would expect Trump to put up similar numbers to last time and therefore the republicans gave the larger base. Without Trump I'm pretty sure the Democrats would traditionally have the larger base though.
MAGA - about 35 million.
Dems - probably a little less.
It's the independents that matter.

Yes but this is the US election we’re talking about. It’ll be identity politics galore and people will complain about it whilst engaging in identity politics themselves. It’s basically unavoidable unfortunately when you have a black woman running for office.

Biden would be giving the nominee the best chance if he resigns, otherwise he will be still looming over the campaign, in my opinion.

It is only 6 or 7 States that decide the result. Dems should pick the ticket that has the highest probability to carry these States.

Alright, listen up, because here’s a gem from the guy who nailed it when he said last year that Biden’s too ancient to run and that Trump would absolutely wipe the floor with him in the debates.

Kamala Harris? Yeah, she's a real powerhouse—if you count zero accomplishments and the appeal of a soggy toast. Plus, she's got the glorious distinction of being on the ticket with a guy who bailed mid-race. It’s super annoying because this race is totally winnable. Now, if someone like Whitmer, Beshear, or Newsom (assuming they’ve got the guts) jumps in, they might actually have a shot.