2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

:lol: Not a single mention of Roy Cooper since the announcement. Y'all are sleeping on him. He's won every race he's run in since 1986.

Not a bad choice, but NC seems unlikely this cycle, even with him as VP candidate.

Besides, wouldn't dems want him to run for senate in 26? He is probably the only one who can win a federal race there.

Put a coherent,politically inteligent, sharp person up there and I still think you can get at Trump quite comfortably.
He's really not unbeatable. He's not savvy. He's a incoherent blabber mouth who hates talking about actual policies.
He just wants to ramble on about immagrants in caravans, great white sharks, batteries and dodging bullets Matrix style.

Michelle Obama would fit that bill. Kamala Harris has no charisma and is not very intelligent.

:lol: Not a single mention of Roy Cooper since the announcement. Y'all are sleeping on my boy. He's won every race he's run in since 1986.

Cooper never showed any interest in the job. People barely know his name, with all due respect. Some will go “Roy Who”? No, thanks.

Michelle Obama would fit that bill. Kamala Harris has no charisma and is not very intelligent.

How is she not very intelligent?

You can be intelligent without having the charisma of Obama, i see nothing particularly wrong with her when she talks, even if a tad uninspiring.

How is Kamala Harris "not very intelligent"? I get not liking her for whatever reason. But she was literally a lawyer, An attorney general, a Senator, and a VP.

Cooper never showed any interest in the job. People barely know his name, with all due respect. Some will go “Roy Who”? No, thanks.

I do think Shapiro would be the best option for her (assuming she is the nominee). Nevermind that he's the governor of PA, he comes across quite well.

I do think Shapiro would be the best option for her (assuming she is the nominee). Nevermind that he's the governor of PA, he comes across quite well.
Yes, he does. I thought that he handle the terrible situation in Butler well. I’m okay with him as VP either with Whitmer (my hope) or with Harris.

Personally, I would be ecstatic if Whitmer is on top of our ticket. I was rooting for her to be VP 4 years ago. Her time has come.

Yes, he does. I thought that he handle the terrible situation in Butler well. I’m okay with him as VP either with Whitmer (my hope) or with Harris.

Personally, I would ecstatic if Whitmer is on top of our ticket. I was rooting for her to be VP 4 years ago. Her time has come.
Whitmer-Shapiro would be my dream ticket too. Likely wins Michigan and Penn, all you need is the nearby Wisconsin and you have the presidency.

Furthermore, historically governors are the most suited for the presidency. Have two strong governors who have made those two swing states uncompetitive in their race, who are at a good age, and who most importantly are competent and likeable.

Whitmer-Shapiro would be my dream ticket too. Likely wins Michigan and Penn, all you need is the nearby Wisconsin and you have the presidency.

Furthermore, historically governors are the most suited for the presidency. Have two strong governors who have made those two swing states uncompetitive in their race, who are at a good age, and who most importantly are competent and likeable.
I couldn’t put it any better.

But allow me to say this: they check all the boxes/don’t have big negatives.

But the biggest negative box is still unchecked - no one knows who they are.
That’s not true. Whitmer is well known, and was mentioned quite a bit in 2020. I also think that Shapiro is known enough. They are definitely know in the states that will decide the outcome of the election.

Mark Kelly, Andy Bashear, Roy Cooper, and Josh Shapiro are the names being floated on CNN now based on sources.

That’s not true. Whitmer is well known, and was mentioned quite a bit in 2020. I also think that Shapiro is known enough. They are definitely know in the states that will decide the outcome of the election.
S/he's 'well known' to dorks like us, but not in the general public. It's the voting apathy that concerns me with either one of them.

But the biggest negative box is still unchecked - no one knows who they are.
Most blue states would vote a donkey as long as they have a D near the name (same as how most red countries would vote a donkey with an R next to their names).

The states in play are Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Probably Minnesota, Virginia, New Hampshire and Maine, but less likely now that Biden is out.

With that ticket Michigan and Pennsylvania go blue. Then you only need the nearby Wisconsin. It is fine losing Nevada, Arizona and Georgia as long as you win the other three.

Most blue states would vote a donkey as long as they have a D near the name (same as how most red countries would vote a donkey with an R next to their names).

The states in play are Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Probably Minnesota, Virginia, New Hampshire and Maine, but less likely now that Biden is out.

With that ticket Michigan and Pennsylvania go blue. Then you only need the nearby Wisconsin. It is fine losing Nevada, Arizona and Georgia as long as you win the other three.
Not talking about bases, talking about independents. 'Apathy' is the best catch phrase I could muster.

Not talking about bases, talking about independents. 'Apathy' is the best catch phrase I could muster.
So, Vance will excite independents more than Shapiro or Whitmer? The latter has been around longer than Vance. If you’re very excited about Vance, then you’re probably not an independent voter to begin with (and thus not reachable any way).

Pennsylvania knows Shapiro well. This is the biggest swing state in the country. Michigan is the second biggest swing state (together with GA). You win these as a Democrat, and you can smell victory.

So, Vance will excite independents more than Shapiro or Whitmer? The latter has been around longer than Vance.

Pennsylvania knows Shapiro well.
No, exactly the opposite. Vance & MAGA's Venn Diagram is rather circular.

Apologies if I was clear in my previous post.

Catch up me here. Why is the statement from the Office of Barack and Michelle Obama? Is it normal for ex-POTUS to include their spouse in their public statements? Genuine question
No, but I think it was a conscious decision for both parties to have an equal say in Obama's post presidential politics.

Spouses implicitly had a role to play in the ex President's office. Laura Bush can be contacted through George W's office for example, which I think is the more traditional labelling of things.

Trad MAGA views, some to the wacko side, like abortion / women's healthcare, election denials, LGBTQ issues, & tariffs, etc., basic MAGA shit.

If someone votes the Republican ticket, they are voting for Trump. JD complements the ticket well if you're aligned with that ideology.

Astonishing? 8 years is an eternity, even more so for an elderly person.

Is there any more debates to go? I don't know much about Harris but she's young (relatively) and seems like she'd be well able for Trump's bluster.
Where does this idea of Harris being a good debater come from? She roasted Kavanaugh while having a prepared script, but in the Democrat primaries, she was awful. Tulsi Gabbard, of all people, destroyed her on scene.

I do not think she would do well in a debate against Trump, and she would have been annihilated against Vance. You can only say 'unburdened' as many times as you want, but that doesn't make her a good debater.

Where does this idea of Harris being a good debater come from? She roasted Kavanaugh while having a prepared script, but in the Democrat primaries, she was awful. Tulsi Gabbard, of all people, destroyed her on scene.

I do not think she would do well in a debate against Trump, and she would have been annihilated against Vance. You can only say 'unburdened' as many times as you want, but that doesn't make her a good debater.

What was she like vs Pence last time out?

If someone votes the Republican ticket, they are voting for Trump. JD complements the ticket well if you're aligned with that ideology.
Except for Vance doesn't actually believe half the things he himself says. He was a never Trumper as recently as 5 years ago and only switched to the dark side when he figured out it would be advantageous to his political career. He is therefore a total charlatan.

Except for Vance doesn't actually believe half the things he himself says. He was a never Trumper as recently as 5 years ago and only switched to the dark side when he figured out it would be advantageous to his political career. He is therefore a total charlatan.
Oh, that's fore sure. Like Vivek, he would say whatever he thinks would give him an advantage, not what he truly believes.