2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Huawei stronger than ever? Huh? Maybe I missed something but it's numbers are...not looking good.
I'm using Huawei phones since 2017. The cameras are great. Way better than an iPhone, which my GF is using. Battery life is great too and after 17 month battery health is at 97% (iphone at 89%) despite fast charging.
They had 2-3 bad years but are back in strength now with their own chips and 5G capability.
Just look at the latest trifold phone Huawei mate T launched the same day as the new iPhones. Don't see any innovation with apple.
Let's see the next years but I'm pretty sure Huawei will do well and now have their own operating system (better than Android) and CPUs. So I wouldn't call the massive sanctions as a success. Quite on the contrary.

They targeted the Biden campaign by sending them emails/data from the Trump campaign? Surely the other way round.
It's alleged that Iran wants Trump to lose. They're on the opposite side to Russia in this case who allegedly prefer Trump to win.

I'm using Huawei phones since 2017. The cameras are great. Way better than an iPhone, which my GF is using. Battery life is great too and after 17 month battery health is at 97% (iphone at 89%) despite fast charging.
They had 2-3 bad years but are back in strength now with their own chips and 5G capability.
Just look at the latest trifold phone Huawei mate T launched the same day as the new iPhones. Don't see any innovation with apple.
Let's see the next years but I'm pretty sure Huawei will do well and now have their own operating system (better than Android) and CPUs. So I wouldn't call the massive sanctions as a success. Quite on the contrary.

I assume that Hawai OS has limited apps compared to applestore and googlplay? or how it works?

Still rattled by the comment about people leaving his rallies.

But good to hear he doesn't ramble, as he explains thoroughly, in a long rambling explanation.

It's not rambling. You're just not connecting the dots, if you connect them, it's genius, believe me. They're big, strong dots, nobody connects dots better than I do. You've never seen dots as beautiful as this. Billions and billions of dots.

I assume that Hawai OS has limited apps compared to applestore and googlplay? or how it works?
It's called Harmony OS and in tests & reviews he does significantly better than Android. Faster, smoother and less battery consumption for example.
So far it's limited to Huawei devices sold in China, so I don't have first hand experience. However, installing microG services also works, so 98% of Google services are working (except McDonald's, Google wallet and Google car). Today HarmonyOS is still 100% compatible to Android.
Global devices still run Android and emui.

However, Huawei's plan is to completely ditch Android. Then most Android apps won't work anymore. As of now App availability is still limited, especially for apps popular in the West. In China there aren't such constrains though.

It will be interesting, if more Chinese phone manufactures (Xiaomi, oppo, vivo, OnePlus, realme) will jump on the bandwagon and also use HarmonyOS instead of Android in the future, which will be major blow for Google. Then more and more developers will also provide Apps for HarmonyOS.
If trade tensions between China and the US will deteriorate further not an unlikely option.

Still rattled by the comment about people leaving his rallies.

But good to hear he doesn't ramble, as he explains thoroughly, in a long rambling explanation.

Harris and the campaign hit the bullseye with that one. Probably the perfect attack to get him off track and off message. I was thinking the other day, whether Harris should have pointed it out during the debate. She could have gone, "See what just happened? See how easily distracted he is, and how easily he is put off balance by the smallest thing? Is that the kind of guy you want negotiating with world leaders?". She probably did the right thing by not doing that, and just letting him hang himself, but it would have been funny.

It's called Harmony OS and in tests & reviews he does significantly better than Android. Faster, smoother and less battery consumption for example.
So far it's limited to Huawei devices sold in China, so I don't have first hand experience. However, installing microG services also works, so 98% of Google services are working (except McDonald's, Google wallet and Google car). Today HarmonyOS is still 100% compatible to Android.
Global devices still run Android and emui.

However, Huawei's plan is to completely ditch Android. Then most Android apps won't work anymore. As of now App availability is still limited, especially for apps popular in the West. In China there aren't such constrains though.

It will be interesting, if more Chinese phone manufactures (Xiaomi, oppo, vivo, OnePlus, realme) will jump on the bandwagon and also use HarmonyOS instead of Android in the future, which will be major blow for Google. Then more and more developers will also provide Apps for HarmonyOS.
If trade tensions between China and the US will deteriorate further not an unlikely option.

Thanks!

I could write an entire essay on all the issues with HarmonyOS.

Apple does not need to "innovate" it's phones. It does not need to reinvent the wheel. iPhone 16 is much superior to Huawei's offering simply because of its AI capabilities which

a) China does not match

b) Refuses to allow OpenAI stuff due to internal domestic politics.

Also, it's new Trifold phone costs more than my 16" M2 Macbook Pro Workstation :lol:

You couldn't pay me enough to use a Chinese state developed OS on my smartphone.

You can't make this up, he is now essentially saying, "elect me, and i will fix the problem that i created as president".

90% of people who vote for him are entirely clueless about what he did as president. All they care about is that he says he will fix things they are bothered by.

Tbh it’s most likely no worse than what you are using now. Facebook and Google probably have your dick pics stored without you knowing ages ago.

No doubt, but they're doing it for profit. Disgusting but simple motive with relatively predictable outcomes. People don't understand how fecked up the Chinese government is yet.

Ditching both Linux and Android sounds like a losing move for phone OS development honestly.

Even Microsoft lost that battle and they had a head start.

To put it in Balmer's terms, it's all about

"Developers, Developers, Developers. Developers, Developers, Developers."

It's hard to see a critical mass of developers bother to code for a third platform.

You couldn't pay me enough to use a Chinese state developed OS on my smartphone.

For real
I’d rather my data goes to some advertisers trying to sell me shit than an authoritarian unfriendly government using it for feck knows what purpose

Ditching both Linux and Android sounds like a losing move for phone OS development honestly.

Even Microsoft lost that battle and they had a head start.

It's hard to see a critical mass of developers bother to code for a third platform.

I don't think you need to worry about that, the Chinese government will no doubt "encourage" the developers of the Chinese social networks, shopping, banking, games apps etc. to jump in. They might not be able to run Facebook but the Chinese government won't be concerned about that.

Apple does not need to "innovate" it's phones. It does not need to reinvent the wheel. iPhone 16 is much superior to Huawei's offering simply because of its AI capabilities which
Honestly I don't care much about AI and of course my Huawei phone has all the AI functions integrated in Android.
As I can compare (GF got iPhone 14 pro max) the Huawei phone is superior in most aspects. Charging time and especially the camera. We comparing pictures a lot and even she admits it but loves her Apple phone nevertheless. To come back on topic.
It's like with Trump. Most know he is an idiot but vote for him anyway.

As of now you are right. However, when all the other Chinese manufacturers join Huawei this will change quickly.
This possibility is just a Trump presidency and new trade war away. Aside of Google and Samsung there aren't many major phone makers that aren't Chinese.

Please knock off the Huawei phone stuff. I get how the conversation started but open a new thread if you want to talk about it.

I don't think you need to worry about that, the Chinese government will no doubt "encourage" the developers of the Chinese social networks, shopping, banking, games apps etc. to jump in. They might not be able to run Facebook but the Chinese government won't be concerned about that.
I'm sure it will be a smashing state-mandated success in China. Not so much in the global market.

I wouldn't take the guy's comment seriously. She is polling comparable to where Biden was in PA four years ago, and Biden was born in PA.
More worried about them being tied nationally, never a good thing for the democrat.

Harris is having a clear post debate bounce in every swing state. The previous trend was driven by Trump gradually eroding her previous post-announcement surge. This seems to have largely reestablished her momentum.

I just don't believe some of these polls. There's no way she's up 5 in PA and tied nationally. I realise margin of error is a thing, and assume that things are hitting either end of that margin, in opposite directions.

Anyway, her and her team know what they need to be doing, and are out there trying to do it. You can't rely on Trump to self-sabotage because even as he's lighting himself on fire, his cult are basking in the flames. And the media coverage is making all the same mistakes as 2016. That's probably the hardest bit for me to deal with. All the post-mordems from the 'serious media' about how badly they covered Trump last time and those appear to have been memory-holed in the ever-lasting quest for eyeballs and clicks. F*ck the media.

I just don't believe some of these polls. There's no way she's up 5 in PA and tied nationally. I realise margin of error is a thing, and assume that things are hitting either end of that margin, in opposite directions.

Anyway, her and her team know what they need to be doing, and are out there trying to do it. You can't rely on Trump to self-sabotage because even as he's lighting himself on fire, his cult are basking in the flames. And the media coverage is making all the same mistakes as 2016. That's probably the hardest bit for me to deal with. All the post-mordems from the 'serious media' about how badly they covered Trump last time and those appear to have been memory-holed in the ever-lasting quest for eyeballs and clicks. F*ck the media.

I wouldn't believe in single polls either. I do however place more significance in polling averages and general trends. G Elliot Morris' above tweet clearly shows Harris as having noticeable post debate momentum, which is backed up by Silver's day to day chart of where Harris and Trump's are making gains.

kjcXBoA.png

Little confused as to why the national would be a tie while PA would be +4 Harris?

Most others have those numbers the other way round.

But lets assume that this poll is a true reflection as of today, where is Trump getting those votes from that would allow him to tie in a national poll?

Little confused as to why the national would be a tie while PA would be +4 Harris?

Most others have those numbers the other way round.

But lets assume that this poll is a true reflection as of today, where is Trump getting those votes from that would allow him to tie in a national poll?

Both may be outliers. As in, she is not actually up +4 in PA; she may instead by up 1 or is tied with him there, which would corroborate the results of some of the other highly rated polls that have come out over night. The national polls may also be off by 3 or 4 imo, since the polling averages have Harris up by 3.2 nationally.

Same. This feels like an outlier. I'm sceptical of all polls. If the pollster happens to sample another set of voters on that same day, it could easily be 5 or 6 points different.

Re the comments on the media, what do you expect them to be doing? I feel they have effectively fack checked his BS. Even the WSJ did a piece on the Cats and Dogs story being fake news, which Vance's staffers confirmed prior to Trump embarrassing himself at the debate.