2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

His endorsement doesn’t mean much in a grand scheme of things now, I still think there will be an open mini convention.

Whitmer not running

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan says she will not be running for president with Biden out. “My job in this election will remain the same: doing everything I can to elect Democrats and stop Donald Trump,” she wrote on social media.

It was inevitable I suppose. Hope Dems haven't screwed themselves over (again).

Kamala is now the only viable option, and I fear she isn't popular enough to win. Hope I'm wrong.

It'll be Kamala now. I doubt anyone will even challenge her ahead of the convention.

Alright dems, you've got a new, younger candidate against one of the weakest, most unpopular figures in history. Get it done.

Whitmer not running

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan says she will not be running for president with Biden out. “My job in this election will remain the same: doing everything I can to elect Democrats and stop Donald Trump,” she wrote on social media.

wait this is what NYT said. not sure that is what she is saying

Trump has given Harris a nickname - "Laughing Kamaaala" (with the usual, intentional mispronunciation of her name)
His heart's not really in that one.

The right call from Biden. No chance at all that he could beat Trump. Remains to be seen if any other Democrat can, but at least there is a (slim) chance.

Kamala is uninspiring, but it would be suicide to have a contest. Need to rally around her and hope for the best.

Finally, the stubborn old man did the right thing, and stepped aside.

The election can begin, it will remain to be seen how viable Harris is, surely more than Biden, at least.

It’s telling that even after Biden’s endorsement none of the top democrats are even mentioning Harris in their farewell tweets.

Please offer some choices in the convention. Though I wonder if anyone is willing to challenge if Kamala begins picking up the backing of power brokers within.
The convention will be the coronation of Harris. Absolutely no chance it will be open.

It’s necessary for Biden too step down of course it is, but boy do they need a capable candidate too step in

Harris is clearly not that

They're running a candidate with a pulse?

That does seem like a smart move.

Harris and VP buttigeig would implode antiwokeness