2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

jd vance is an actual extremely online groyper. he does nothing for trump electorally, but will be loyal to the cause.

I think people will see him as a rightful MAGA successor soon.

The guy is a thousand times smarter than Trump, and can communicate with working class voters because of his background and is ivy league educated. Unlike Mike Pence, who they saw as mommys boy.

He will be a great surrogate for Trump.

Is this a blunder by the Trump campaign? How does Vance help him electorally?

We shouldn't make the mistake of thinking this sort of thing is the overriding factor of why VPs are selected.
Fair point but nevertheless it feels a bit like a blunder. Can't exactly explain why. As if it's too obvious, too predictable.

Has he said whether he'd have done what Pence wouldn't at the last election?

Fair point but nevertheless it feels a bit like a blunder. Can't exactly explain why. As if it's too obvious, too predictable.

Not good for Zelenskyy though, that's for sure. He's been vocal against the billions of armaments being sent to Ukraine, let's see if he changes tack if/once he gets to run the WH

I think people will see him as a rightful MAGA successor soon.

The guy is a thousand times smarter than Trump, and can communicate with working class voters because of his background and is ivy league educated. Unlike Mike Pence, who they saw as mommys boy.

He will be a great surrogate for Trump.

Yeah maybe, but let's not forget that for a while it was common knowledge that DeSantis was going to take over the Party, and that he was much smarter and more dangerous than Trump.

From the looks of it, Vance is young, has embraced "America first" populism, and is generally aligned with Trump on policy. The one area where they are pretty aligned is on NATO and Ukraine policy (Vance has been outspoken against both).

Yeah maybe, but let's not forget that for a while it was common knowledge that DeSantis was going to take over the Party, and that he was much smarter and more dangerous than Trump.
Boy, did that narrative age badly.

From the looks of it, Vance is young, has embraced "America first" populism, and is generally aligned with Trump on policy. The one area where they are pretty aligned is on NATO and Ukraine policy (Vance has been outspoken against both).
True but I saw some political pundits concluding that Vance wasn't a smart choice electorally speaking so I guess that's why it feels a bit like a blunder.

But as you said, that may not always be the reason why some VP is chosen.

Or overstate the electoral importance of the VP pick. I don't think studies have shown any great advantage. Might be no advantage at all.
But the likes of Palin and Pence were chosen as VP's for strategic electoral reasons, no?

Alright, so an ultra-white nationalist being married to an Indian woman doesn't quite add up.

it can :)

- an indian man

e - if you're being serious, there's different "power levels" among groypers, and they all have different hierarchies of races. for the vance/thiel side, the rich silicon valley indians who are in the US are good because they have high IQs and, potentially, traditional values. for this side, their primary criteria for defining worth are wealth and IQ, not race directly.

Alright, so an ultra-white nationalist being married to an Indian woman doesn't quite add up.
And Trump married an immigrant, so…

Yeah, right wing nutters are hypocritical all the time. See: Hitler’s hair and eye color, Goebbels deformed foot, Himmler’s complete lack of an athletic gene, and Goering’s drug habit and obesity.

Edit: oh and how could I forget? SC’s very own Strom Thurmond and his secret black mistress and child.

Last edited:
That's a bad VP pick from Trump, not that it matters now. If the Democrats were running an actual candidate instead of a propped-up corpse they could have won this.

Peter Thiel gets his puppet as VP, great day for him.

Yeah, right wing nutters are hypocritical all the time. See: Hitler’s hair and eye color, Goebbels deformed foot, Himmler’s complete lack of an athletic gene, and Goering’s drug habit and obesity.

Edit: oh and how could I forget? SC’s very own Strom Thurmond and his secret black mistress and child.

Pretty sure Hitler had blue eyes though.

Don't forget Hitler potentially being LGBT. Basically all projection from the nazis.

it can :)

- an indian man

e - if you're being serious, there's different "power levels" among groypers, and they all have different hierarchies of races. for the vance/thiel side, the rich silicon valley indians who are in the US are good because they have high IQs and, potentially, traditional values. for this side, their primary criteria for defining worth are wealth and IQ, not race directly.

OK, so it's a meaningless term then. To me, a white nationalist believes in white racial purity, superiority, and separate national dominance, which he clearly is not as he's married to a brown lady for a decade and has three biracial kids.

From Trump to Hitler in a sentence, great job mate lolz

This nomination will bite badly but only if Biden drops out. Potentially a huge own goal after just being handed a free run.

Trump is a thousand times smarter than this guy, politically speaking.

OK, so it's a meaningless term then. To me, a white nationalist believes in white racial purity, superiority, and separate national dominance, which he clearly is not as he's married to a brown lady for a decade and has three biracial kids.

I called him a groyper for a reason. It is first and foremost an online movement, which makes it less disciplined and looser than real-life movements.
Second, the person who self-described as "mommy to the groypers" is Philipino-American: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Malkin
Third, you can look at any number of white nat accounts on twitter: Radio Genoa is the one I saw most recently, which are run by anonymous Asian men (usually SE Asian or Indian, Genoa is Cambodian for example), which talk about the fall of White civilisation due to the brown Islamic invasion.

A more complicated point is how the white nationalists are constantly redefining themselves and their projects. For example, white nationalists would have excluded, with murderous prejudice, Italians and Irish back in the early 20th C. Nobody quibbles with them being called white now. There is always a tension where they decide what part of White identity they are fighting for - is it the "Judeo-Christian" heritage, or is the "Judeo" part of that to be excised, is it Athens-Rome-Jerusalem, or is it pre-Christian paganism, is it the Enlightenment, or was that a step back, etc etc. And all this in the context of the internet where a global political language is now shared by a lot of online people, including staunch nationalists, in very different countries. Right-wing Hindutva activists communicate in the language of Pepe memes and *-"cels". Political and racial identities are being re-forged right now in unpredictable ways.

I called him a groyper for a reason. It is first and foremost an online movement, which makes it less disciplined and looser than real-life movements.
Second, the person who self-described as "mommy to the groypers" is Philipino-American: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Malkin
Third, you can look at any number of white nat accounts on twitter: Radio Genoa is the one I saw most recently, which are run by anonymous Asian men (usually SE Asian or Indian, Genoa is Cambodian for example), which talk about the fall of White civilisation due to the brown Islamic invasion.

A more complicated point is how the white nationalists are constantly redefining themselves and their projects. For example, white nationalists would have excluded, with murderous prejudice, Italians and Irish back in the early 20th C. Nobody quibbles with them being called white now. There is always a tension where they decide what part of White identity they are fighting for - is it the "Judeo-Christian" heritage, or is the "Judeo" part of that to be excised, is it Athens-Rome-Jerusalem, or is it pre-Christian paganism, is it the Enlightenment, or was that a step back, etc etc. And all this in the context of the internet where a global political language is now shared by a lot of online people, including staunch nationalists, in very different countries. Right-wing Hindutva activists communicate in the language of Pepe memes and *-"cels". Political and racial identities are being re-forged right now in unpredictable ways.

JD Vance = White Jihad