2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

What is the deal with his creepy whispering :lol:

What did he whisper at the end after he said "not unless they say I cant win". I turned up the volume and I cant make it out even after multiple takes.

It looked and sounded like something out of a horror movie and the he smiled and laughed lika a maniac!

Didn't feck up enough. I only listened to the last half but I liked a lot of his answers and thought he did quite well. Well enough to helm the sinking ship through to November at any rate.

Here's my notes underway:
- Says South Korea instead of North Korea - corrects himself
- Says Trump instead of Kamala Harris
- Says Putin instead of Zelynskij and Russia instead of China - corrects himsef
- Says "Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Australia" - fecking hell - corrects himself

Takes absurdly long pauses where he just gazes into the void. Has the weirdest tone changes at random times - at some point he spoke in a hauntingly scary tone about fecking just worker's unions or twice the whispers about "It's not gonna happen"...

He's gonna be replaced. He's got to. From looking outside and purely based on his ability to talk and how he acts, he's approaching the stage my grandmother did two/three years before she died, ridden of Alzheimer's - treating a teddy bear as a real dog, leaving water out to it and shit.

Is there any way the Dems could do some sort of mini-primary? A national ballot of all party members to pick a candidate? Similar to how party leaders are elected in the UK.

I guess that could be done in a relatively short space of time and include a couple of debates between potential candidates. Announce the results at the DNC convention. Gives the winner 3 months to campaign before the election.

The Dems could do that, except the party is run by Biden and a small group of elites who will try to cram Harris in to replace Biden. The preferable way to do it would be to have a mini primary then select the candidate at the convention.

honestly thought the debate was worse than tonight by a decent margin. That sounds better than saying this was better because none of this is positive

CNN has a bunch of pundits on - their take is Biden was substantive and incredibly strong according to “Ashley Etienne and Paul Begala

Gaslighting as always

CNN has a bunch of pundits on - their take is Biden was substantive and incredibly strong according to “Ashley Etienne and Paul Begala

Gaslighting as always

IMO he was substantive, a little meandering and middling to weak. Not shit enough to leave, not good enough to bounce back.

The press should just start telling him he’s already agreed to step down and run a mini primary and see if he goes along with it.

The Dems could do that, except the party is run by Biden and a small group of elites who will try to cram Harris in to replace Biden. The preferable way to do it would be to have a mini primary then select the candidate at the convention.

Could someone announce that they will challenge Biden at the convention and then run a shadow campaign over the next few months to try to get delegates to vote for them?

Besides the fact it would take someone with massive cojones to challenge the Dem establishment, is that even a possibility?

Could someone announce that they will challenge Biden at the convention and then run a shadow campaign over the next few months to try to get delegates to vote for them?

Besides the fact it would take someone with massive cojones to challenge the Dem establishment, is that even a possibility?

I don't think so. The vast majority of delegates are already committed to vote for Biden. Them not doing so would break the DNC's own rules. Do that and there really would be the danger of the new candidate not making it onto the ballot in a number of states (if not all of them). Biden has to step down and then direct his delegates to do x,y or z. It has to come from him or the Dems have to change their rules.

It’s unlikely because the party have an unspoken hierarchy structure where the most senior person who wants to run for President is generally supported by the party apparatus. The only conceivable person other than Biden or Harris is Newsom, and he has recently doubled down that he’s supporting Biden.

He's so mentally gone it's scary. I think he has to be forced to step down, not just to improve the chances of Trump losing but for the good of America.

President Putin and Vice President Trump.

Coming up: Germany is playing Portugal in the Final of the Copa America, in Cape Town.

IMO he was substantive, a little meandering and middling to weak. Not shit enough to leave, not good enough to bounce back.

Depends on how low a bar you set up for the leader of the free world I suppose.

He was terrible - and I disagree with most of what he said, not to mention how he said it.

In short, feck Joe Biden.

It’s unlikely because the party have an unspoken hierarchy structure where the most senior person who wants to run for President is generally supported by the party apparatus. The only conceivable person other than Biden or Harris is Newsom, and he has recently doubled down that he’s supporting Biden.

They'll play dirty if they believe he has no chance in November, which seems increasingly likely. They'll politely ask him to step down, and if he refuses, a whistleblower from his inner circle will come forward and expose him. The Democrats will quickly hold a mini-convention to select a moderate candidate to run against Trump.

I know I'm dreaming, but anything is better than trusting Joe with the nuclear codes.

So you consider the premise that Biden can win still? I don't see how if is not because Trump feck up bigly and it would need to be so bigly that even a goat would win

I think Newson could be a liability as his ex is with donald trump junior. They will exploit that a lot and who knows what she would bring up. I think Newson hopes trump wins and then he can go 2028 without having to face that liability

He still relatively young to wait

No, this is a non-factor. First, she's already shown herself to be so batshit crazy that no one except the Maga crowd would ever take her seriously. Second, she's already played all those cards and she has nothing substantial to fling. The worst she can say is that he cheated on her (which is understandable considering what a nutcase she is) and accuse of him of doing a little nose candy, which considering who she is with now, won't hold any weight.

We're in this awkward phase where as long as he isn't truly bombing, he could perhaps defend himself against some of the criticism.

But the bar is extremely low and it's not healthy to be wondering every day whether he'll feck up the next presser.

This guy is in charge of the nuclear codes. How the hell can the US be in this situation?

It really is, and people being sick of Trump isn’t the only factor. The issue is people won’t turn out to vote for Biden.

Low turnout = GOP victory.
People will turn out for Biden, his polling is better after the debate.

Considering his mental faculties, I wouldn’t trust him to cook dinner never mind run the world

Reading the guardian’s take is like something out of the twilight zone. Basically it’s a strong performance with a couple of gaffes.

People will only see the gaffes now. The rest doesn’t really matter

Last edited:
Reading the guardian’s take is like something out of the twilight zone. Basically it’s a strong performance with a couple of gaffe.

People will only see the gaffes now. The rest doesn’t really matter

Calling zelensky, mr putin or trump his vice president is ridiculous. No politician, in the span of a few ours, ever feck up with such antagonistic personalities and specially after the ridiculous debate. He is gone, the surprise are not the gaffes. The surprise is that he does a somewhat normal performance and qualify it of strong because is compared with the debate performance a POTUS should be solid day in day out and gaffes should be scares and very exceptional

I’m getting Gary Busey buttered sausages vibes.