2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Frankly his comments about age with "The only thing that age does..is help you with..cr-cr creates a bit of wisdom if you pay attention" are just as bad as the name gaffes. Who in his team thought that poorly delivered line was a perfectly acceptable answer? It's as if they expect no one has ever seen another 80 year old deteriorate apart from Biden.

Reminds me a bit of GWB 'fool me once' quote in the way the delivery completely contradicts the intended sentiment.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again"

For all the cynicism, I do think it's just a matter of time now. Down-ballet candidates are coming out against him, and that'll turn Pelosi and Schumer and when that happens it's over.

Really, the early debate will go down in history (hopefully) as an absolutely masterful own goal.

Imagine being so bad you lose to a convicted felon. This was entirely predictable too. Imagine running with an 81 year old candidate. This is a complete failure from the Democrats.
You can’t even blame Biden. He’s old, there nothing he can do about his age and state of mind.

For all the cynicism, I do think it's just a matter of time now. Down-ballet candidates are coming out against him, and that'll turn Pelosi and Schumer and when that happens it's over.

Really, the early debate will go down in history (hopefully) as an absolutely masterful own goal.
There's no way they didn't know his debate would go that badly. If the press knows enough to know he gets less lucid after 4pm, imagine what they know internally. They could have just issued some boilerplate "I won't debate a felon" statement and everyone would have moved on. It honestly seems like they want to lose.

It’s fecking painful to watch.

It certainly is, even if voters believe now and give him the benefit now, he won't last four years and that will be the decider.
Unless (as conspiracy theories go) there is a Dick Chaney type character around somewhere to pull the strings for Joe, whilst he does his "I'm old...not daft" routine out front? :confused:

What I don't understand is, surely there should be a handful of guys in the Democratic Party who are in charge of strategizing and planning for campaigning in order to win elections, which is what they are supposed to do.

Part of this job must be having some contingency plans prepared in case something happens to your candidate (you know, the sitting president and most observed man in the world) that makes him unappealing for voters. Could be something predictable like a crisis at the Middle East or something unpredictable like the inevitable passage of time.

I would have expected first of all a good ol' spinning strategy. Then, a contingency plan focused on getting powerful endorsements from popular guys at the party who want to be the next in line (maybe a couple from swing states too) and will campaign for you given that carrot. That also helps focusing the message on the fact that you need a team to govern and that you have the best team. Unlike the other guy whose main collaborators are testifying against him. Last but not least, if these plans fail you should have a succession plan. Which means you should have been spending an important part of the last 4 years making your VP capable, popular and electable. Or your State secretary. Or your Chief of Staff. Or somebody else.

Yet somehow they failed to do all of the above. Looks like they were either stealing a living while expecting Trump and the Roe vs. Wade overturn would do the heavy lifting, which questions their competence. Or maybe they were too afraid to those in power to do their job, which questions the entire fabric of the party.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is, surely there should be a handful of guys in the Democratic Party who are in charge of strategizing and planning for campaigning in order to win election, which is what they are supposed to do.

Part of this job must be having some contingency plans prepared in case something happens to your candidate (you know, the sitting president and most observed man in the world) that makes him unappealing for voters. Could be something predictable like a crisis at the Middle East or something unpredictable like the inevitable passage of time.

I would have expected first of all a good ol' spinning strategy. Then, a contingency plan focused on getting powerful endorsements from popular guys at the party who want to be the next in line (maybe a couple from swing states too) and will campaign for you given that carrot. That also helps focusing the message on the fact that you need a team to govern and that you have the best team. Unlike the other guys whose main collaborators are testifying against him. Last but not least, if these plans fail you should have a succession plan. Which means you should have been spending an important part of the last 4 years making your VP capable, popular and electable.

Yet somehow they failed to do all of the above. Looks like they were either stealing a living while expecting Trump and the Roe vs. Wade overturn would do the heavy lifting, which questions their competence. Or maybe they were too afraid to those in power to do their job, which questions the entire fabric of the party.

The strategy is clearly - Biden is the nominee. If by some odd chance Biden drops out, then Harris is the nominee. They care less about winning than obeying the hierarchy of who is next.

What I don't understand is, surely there should be a handful of guys in the Democratic Party who are in charge of strategizing and planning for campaigning in order to win elections, which is what they are supposed to do.

I would have expected first of all a good ol' spinning strategy. Then, a contingency plan focused on getting powerful endorsements from popular guys at the party who want to be the next in line (maybe a couple from swing states too) and will campaign for you given that carrot. That also helps focusing the message on the fact that you need a team to govern and that you have the best team. Unlike the other guy whose main collaborators are testifying against him. Last but not least, if these plans fail you should have a succession plan. Which means you should have been spending an important part of the last 4 years making your VP capable, popular and electable. Or your State secretary. Or your Chief of Staff. Or somebody else.

Their plan seemed to be keep him hidden at all costs until absolutely necessary (the debate) and when that backfired, they did a full 180 and thought he needs to be seen to be strong, fit and able …Problem being, with more appearances, it just highlights why their first plan was so important

The strategy is clearly - Biden is the nominee. If by some odd chance Biden drops out, then Harris is the nominee. They care less about winning than obeying the hierarchy of who is next.

Makes me wonder what things would have looked like if Bernie was the nominee in 2020. Obviously Biden did actually win, so who knows.

Makes me wonder what things would have looked like if Bernie was the nominee in 2020. Obviously Biden did actually win, so who knows.

Its impossible to say what would've happened if he was the nominee in 16 or 20. Progressives say he would've turned out a lot more people, but that's obviously a best case scenario. I doubt anyone would've turned out as much as Biden did in 20 given the alternative of a 2nd Trump term.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if some pollsters begin polling Biden favourably just to get him to stay in the race.

Even if the electorate are starting to "forget" this debate, they won't forget the September debate.

He still insists on debating Trump a 2nd time for some reason...

Each member who jumps off the ship probably doesn't require a new tweet.

To be fair, the main content of that tweet is not about the specific person but how there's now 20 of them. We definitely don't need individual updates, but summaries once in a while is fine. And it's moving so quickly now that once in a while might be several times per day.

So how long do we have left before Trump enacts all of Project 2025 into action, and Biden is sitting in a rocking chair explaining to the wall why it's wrong about the Paris Agreement?

So how long do we have left before Trump enacts all of Project 2025 into action, and Biden is sitting in a rocking chair explaining to the wall why it's wrong about the Paris Agreement?

Interestingly, Trump is attempting to distance himself from Project 2025. He's even managed to annoy right wingers by watering down the party's hard line abortion language.

To be fair, the main content of that tweet is not about the specific person but how there's now 20 of them. We definitely don't need individual updates, but summaries once in a while is fine. And it's moving so quickly now that once in a while might be several times per day.

Yes, maybe a once a day or once every few days update will suffice.

They could have just issued some boilerplate "I won't debate a felon" statement and everyone would have moved on. It honestly seems like they want to lose.

He was trailing in the polls, Trump isn't as sharp as he used to be, and it seems some combination of Biden/confidantes' ego, their bubble around bad news, and their memory of the 2020 debates, convinced them an early debate would narrow the gap in the polls and make the convention smooth.

Just came across this archived 1988 article about Biden dropping out of the Presidential race after the media revealed he had plagiarized a Neil Kinnock speech.

38LPg4b.png

Just came across this archived 1988 article about Biden dropping out of the Presidential race after the media revealed he had plagiarized a Neil Kinnock speech.

38LPg4b.png
He looked pretty fecking old in 1988 too.

Really alarmed by the inaction of the Dems. Why not just enact 25th amendment? What are they waiting for exactly?

Yes, it’s desperation at this stage.

Despite the big risk, it’s time to move on. We have time to replace him. Harris should drop too. I want a totally new ticket.

As for the Convention; it can be pushed by few weeks. It’s okay to have in early-mid September.

This is the main problem though. The Democrats have such a lack of talent or options available. So Kamala is basically best of a bad bunch. She will do better than Biden, but fall way short of beating Trump.

Hilary or Michelle the only ones who would stand half a chance against Trump.

This is the main problem though. The Democrats have such a lack of talent or options available. So Kamala is basically best of a bad bunch. She will do better than Biden, but fall way short of beating Trump.

Hilary or Michelle the only ones who would stand half a chance against Trump.

:lol:
You're clearly just trolling with right-wing propaganda at this point.

I gotta say it's pretty funny seeing some people angry that democrats can't see trump is too old and needs to go when they themselves were full on cheerleaders for biden as the only one who could beat trump and age didn't matter. Now you know the frustration we felt when we were pointing out the obvious a couple of years ago.

:lol:
You're clearly just trolling with right-wing propaganda at this point.

How so? Both poll better than Kamala, Newsom & Whitmer and the rest of the goons in the Democrat Party. Kamala is a better option than Biden only because she is on the ticket already and benefits from the donor monies.

How so? Both poll better than Kamala, Newsom & Whitmer and the rest of the goons in the Democrat Party. Kamala is a better option than Biden only because she is on the ticket already and benefits from the donor monies.

That's because those polls don't take into the consideration how their numbers would fall off a cliff once they become politically scrutinized by the media and Trump and his goons begin attacking them.

Because you're suggesting one person who is 76, already lost to Trump in 2016 and whom no one wants and another who has repeatedly said she has zero interest in ever running. And as stated before, none of these polls are remotely accurate to what it would be were they actually candidates. It's just trolling to suggest they are the best two options when in reality neither is an option.

On a side note, Democrats already lost several elections this century (notably 2004 and 2016) by focusing far too much only on polls and not spending nearly enough time conducting in depth focus groups to really understand what people want and what language they respond to.

Maybe just admit you actually want Trump to win like the other guy who said Trump would be a "strong leader".