2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

Might be naive but I genuinely believe a competent Democrat can and will beat Trump. I appreciate that middle America would either vote for a strong Trump over a weak Biden or stay at home but when you think back to how sick of Trump America was when they voted Biden in, after all that happened since that election I refuse to believe there isn’t a majority that want a viable alternative.

:lol:

It's sad but ultimately good for American democracy. He knew the importance of this but still couldn't get it right. Game over surely

Full clip here, but jesus christ joe :lol: He's just trolling us now.

Had that CNN debate not happened, the gaffe could have been laughed off, but in the full context of the last 2 weeks, it's not a good look

I think he steps aside. I think this whole charade is necessary to convince the last people who still back him or have invested in him and expect something in return and will be upset if he steps down now.

It needs to be unanimous or at least understood.

and he's still a quadrillion times better candidate than his opponent. In case anyone has forgot with recent media behaviour.

It's gotten to the point where I'm genuinely hesitant to watch any clips of Biden talking because it's too cringe. The second-hand embarrassment is too much. It's like President Michael Scott, except Michael Scott was still a great salesman.

But what if he doesn’t? :(
He probably wont have a lot of choice now to be fair. The issue is who do they have that they can agree on as a replacement. People who up until now have been backing Biden publicly will have a difficult time convincing they are to be trusted in their judgement

If the country is not happy with Biden’s policies or economy, why would many of them change their mind if his deputy comes in his place?

Just because they want a younger dem president? I mean, I am hoping it would be that simple.