2024 U.S. Elections | Trump v Harris

If the country is not happy with Biden’s policies or economy, why would many of them change their mind if his deputy comes in his place?

Just because they want a younger dem president? I mean, I am hoping it would be that simple.

Because Biden is old and visibly getting senile. It doesn't mean a replacement is going to win, because they left it so late, but it really is that simple.

Because Biden is old and visibly getting senile. It doesn't mean a replacement is going to win, because they left it so late, but it really is that simple.
My point is that people will still tie her with his policies which they think made them poorer.

A replacement with different policies may give them better chances even if it is late.

My point is that people will still tie her with his policies which they think made them poorer.

A replacement with different policies may give them better chances even if it is late.

I don't think his policies are the reason he's plummeted in the polls the past couple of weeks

I actually can’t watch it

someone needs to pull the plug and fecking fast

I don't think his policies are the reason he's plummeted in the polls the past couple of weeks
He was underwater in many swing states before that. I don't believe that his policies made people poor. At least not all of them.

But the perspectives that many Americans thinking that they are poorer now than under Trump has been there for many months and it persists.

Did he just say accidentally that he didn’t pick vice president trump if he didn’t think she could beat Trump? (Obviously Kamala Is what he meant to say! Or did I mishear?)

It’s unquestionable that it’s impossible for him to not appear old and weakening because, the reality is, he is both those things. It’s just life.

He was underwater in many swing states before that. I don't believe that his policies made people poor. At least not all of them.

But the perspectives that many Americans thinking that they are poorer now than under Trump has been there for many months and it persists.

True, he might have lost the election anyway even without the recent gaffs, but the recent clamour to replace him isn't about policy. It's about his image and the perception he's no longer capable of doing the job regardless of his policies.

Basically, it's either an almost certain defeat sticking with Biden, or evening the odds with a replacement. How achievable that is will probably depend on who the replacement is.

True, he might have lost the election anyway even without the recent gaffs, but the recent clamour to replace him isn't about policy. It's about his image and the perception he's no longer capable of doing the job regardless of his policies.

Basically, it's either an almost certain defeat sticking with Biden, or evening the odds with a replacement. How achievable that is will probably depend on who the replacement is.
This is it. Watching this live, madness. He could have the best policies in history and it wouldn’t matter because it’s impossible to look past the fact he is just aged.

I swear I've heard Biden talk about fecking computer chips four times the past 14 days. He's like an NPC with limited dialogue choices built in.

He's been trailing Trump in the polls for months now. The debate debacle was merely the last straw. True age is a contributing factor for his poll numbers, but Americans are not pleased with the incessant inflation.

I mean seriously what’s in it for him to continue? He can just retire and enjoy life a bit. Totally baffling

If the country is not happy with Biden’s policies or economy, why would many of them change their mind if his deputy comes in his place?

Just because they want a younger dem president? I mean, I am hoping it would be that simple.

The issue is more focused on Joe Biden's age and apparent inability to do the job. Biden should've spent his term preparing Kamala Harris to take over in this election, but his ego and advisers failed him.

If you replace him with a younger candidate who can actively campaign, make his/her case for the job, and string together coherent ideas, I think they'd be in a great position to win. Kamala Harris can do that. She wouldn't be my ideal candidate, but she's got the advantage of being in-office and could easily step in.

“You confused Zelensky with Putin and Trump with your own Vice President, how can anyone have faith in your ability to lead another 4 years?”

This isn’t hard

The woman doing sign language interpreting during this Biden presser should be given the presidential medal of freedom

If you replace him with a younger candidate who can actively campaign, make his/her case for the job, and string together coherent ideas, I think they'd be in a great position to win. Kamala Harris can do that. She wouldn't be my ideal candidate, but she's got the advantage of being in-office and could easily step in.

She ran a calamitous primary campaign in 2019 and wound up dropping out in December due to a lack of funds (ie donors didn’t contribute because she was underwhelming).

From Wiki:

“On November 29, The New York Times published an article detailing rifts in the Harris campaign, with "competing factions eager to belittle one another" loyal to either campaign manager Juan Rodriguez or campaign chair Maya Harris.

Other staffers told the Times that it was "unclear who's in charge of the campaign". The article described the campaign's financial situation as "dire", with the campaign unable to afford polling or television advertisements, and quoted staffers and supporters who described Harris as an indecisive candidate.”

————————————-

Zero confidence she was would fare any better, especially against Trump.

had it on audio only while working. didn't seem as bad as described here or twitter - his facial expressions always compound the mistakes - but his habit of reaching halfway through a thought and then saying "anyway" is really really bad :lol:

e - ok now he's in muttering mode. deadly.

She ran a calamitous primary campaign in 2019 and wound up dropping out in December due to a lack of funds (ie donors didn’t contribute because she was underwhelming).

From Wiki:

“On November 29, The New York Times published an article detailing rifts in the Harris campaign, with "competing factions eager to belittle one another" loyal to either campaign manager Juan Rodriguez or campaign chair Maya Harris.

Other staffers told the Times that it was "unclear who's in charge of the campaign". The article described the campaign's financial situation as "dire", with the campaign unable to afford polling or television advertisements, and quoted staffers and supporters who described Harris as an indecisive candidate.”

————————————-

Zero confidence she was would fare any better, especially against Trump.

Is there any way the Dems could do some sort of mini-primary? A national ballot of all party members to pick a candidate? Similar to how party leaders are elected in the UK.

I guess that could be done in a relatively short space of time and include a couple of debates between potential candidates. Announce the results at the DNC convention. Gives the winner 3 months to campaign before the election.

Is there any way the Dems could do some sort of mini-primary? A national ballot of all party members to pick a candidate? Similar to how party leaders are elected in the UK.

I guess that could be done in a relatively short space of time and include a couple of debates between potential candidates. Announce the results at the DNC convention. Gives the winner 3 months to campaign before the election.

No, it’s solely his decision at this point.

All that's left for him to do is shit himself again.