Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be good if you actually care to read his comment. Post SAF, which manager has brought us to this level? You options are - Moyes, LVG and Mou. We aren't talking about managers who could've brought us to this level.

Not trying to be disingenuous but what is the level you’re on about?

If we’re on about: style of play, league finishes, trophies, then I’d argue Mourinho equals or betters him in all those departments

Mourinho is top of the table with that kind of football so of course he is proud.
And?

For us, it seems to cost us more than anything else.

The dire football was used as a stick to beat Mourinho and Van Gaal, yet is conveniently evading Solksjaer.

Ole Out or Ole In or neither, at least be consistent in applying criticism. If it was used to criticize the previous managers, then it should be used to criticize Ole.

This is some of the most dire stuff I've seen. We didn't even set up with a player up front to link the play, constantly running into dead ends and expecting Fernandes to run back to front from being a midfielder at halfway, to being the forward at the head of the line.

There's far too much hypocrisy about all this these days.

Shaw's comments on today back up the idea that we didn't seem to have any thoughts about winning this game, just to nullify City and not concede.

City nullified themselves today, being passive and showing no confidence. There was no reason for us not to have a go at them.

Meltdown by some United supporters is hilarious after a draw against ManCity and 4 points from 1st place.

Society is wierd.
4 points of 14th place too. And another example of Ole having no idea how to attack. Just sit back defend ruin the other team game and hope to score from a counter or a corner, the Molde way.

We got knocked out of the biggest club competition in football days ago and instead of showing any kind of reaction he set us up to avoid the loss to avoid pressure on himself. Says it all really.

The level of drawing with City 0-0 at home in a borefest ? Yay... fantastic. That was always my dream.
No its not mate. I agree. We would have lost against them under the shit guys you all talk about. Its not ole yes. But maybe just changing manager on whim won't help us either. We have to think about this and if Ole's not the answer then yes we have to look for solutions

Stupid cnut host on Sky Sports just blocked off Micah's great question probing Roy/Gary on whether they think Ole is the right man long term to actually win stuff.

Stupid stupid cnut host. We only got Roy's answer which was a wordy version of "hope so":lol:

EDIT: she went back to the question. Excellent host.

It'd be good if you actually care to read his comment. Post SAF, which manager has brought us to this level? You options are - Moyes, LVG and Mou. We aren't talking about managers who could've brought us to this level.
The way you phrased it suggests no one would have done a better job than him and that's what I disagree with.

We are probably in the best place since SAF because we stopped buying dross but our manager is our biggest weakness (alongside a DoF).

The way you phrased it suggests no one would have done a better job than him and that's what I disagree with.

We are probably in the best place since SAF because we stopped buying dross but our manager is our biggest weakness (alongside a DoF).
Bang on. We've made some good purchases but they're being held back by inept management.

Am I the only one who cringes when I hear “the United way” or “United DNA” or “bleeds United”.

Christ. It’s football.

It's exceedingly cringeworthy. This United exceptionalism needs to die a quick death. Like you said, it's fecking 11 men kicking a football around.

If Ole supporters can't bring themselves to even criticize him a little bit after last 2 games then I honestly don't see any credibility in their opinions whatsoever. Just blind support at this point.

I know, I’m losing the will to even engage in the United forum actually right now. Anyone sympathising with our current performances and trying to put any positives in ‘not losing’ to city at home is beyond my comprehension.

If there had been a titanic scrap and then a draw fair enough, but toothless drivel for 90 mins for a draw isn’t something I can easily find positives about.

Only in context. Tonight’s game was for the taking and tonight for me was very disappointing. I struggle to take many positives from not losing at home to City. We could have buried them.

But surely you have to take it in context and in a way that’s my point, in context, it was the right way to approach the game and given the past week, it was the right thing to do.

No its not mate. I agree. We would have lost against them under the shit guys you all talk about. Its not ole yes. But maybe just changing manager on whim won't help us either. We have to think about this and if Ole's not the answer then yes we have to look for solutions

What's this related to the ridiculous comment about "which other manager post SAF brought us to this level ?".

Not trying to be disingenuous but what is the level you’re on about?

If we’re on about: style of play, league finishes, trophies, then I’d argue Mourinho equals or betters him in all those departments

The season Mou had style in his game, we finished 6th with EL and LC and I have always said that that was our best season
In terms of league finishes, I don't think Mou's 2nd place finish should be credited to Mou as he was saved by a goalkeeper's shot saving abilities and reflexes. Any other outfield player and I'd have credited Mou with.

And in terms of squad building and the potential of the squad, Ole trumps all of them comprehensively

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But surely you have to take it in context and in a way that’s my point, in context, it was the right way to approach the game and given the past week, it was the right thing to do.
It was the correct way to start the game but as the game progressed the approach was wrong with level City were at today.

Those comments by Ole are funny. I think I'm at the same stage I was with Jose in his last season, just can't get behind what he says and does. The defensive football is the cherry on top.

We still managed to create loads of chances and they never looked like scoring regardless of their possession numbers.

Apologies for thinking that was better than the non threatening display we served up today in spite of City being poor in the final third in their own right

Mahrez should of buried a clear cut chance in the first half. We didn't get a similar type of chance.

4 points of 14th place too. And another example of Ole having no idea how to attack. Just sit back defend ruin the other team game and hope to score from a counter or a corner, the Molde way.
Spot on.

We got knocked out of the biggest club competition in football days ago and instead of showing any kind of reaction he set us up to avoid the loss to avoid pressure on himself. Says it all really.
Exactly, the main thought was to keep himself in the job. David Moyes Everton-level mentality.

Ultimately that performance just gives the outers something to moan about despite the result.

Any fan is well in their right to question that second half performance in a Manchester Derby though.

All the fecking moaners are here again? Cheers. Don't think this is gonna last but seriously.
He has bought us to a level we wouldn't have been under any other manager post SAF. Even if it didn't work out he has done more than LVG, Moyes and Mou.

Wow

Are we not in a title race looking at the table, points etc?
Not with the way we are playing. I will eat my hat if we are 4 points off after 30 games, because we have had some amount of luck and moments of brillance that have bailed us out.

Impressed? No. It was fecking boring, but its not like City played champagne football either, as they managed a grand total of two shots on target all game. It was a very good defensive performance from both teams and both teams were off the boil in attack. KdB and Bruno got completely locked down and Sterling/Rashford were both shite

Considering the children who are shouting the loudest in here have claimed Ole is the worst manager in existence, getting a draw vs the (second?) best manager out there today must be some kind of miracle, but they still moan.

Edit: You are obviously not one of those.

I don’t it was a good defensive performance from either team, we didn’t attack and City are in decline and made it easy for us. Pep is in uncharted territory now as a manager and it shows.

Next 5 league games might make that look like a better result but Ole’s post match comments show he’s feeling pressure.

That was an opportunity to show the ‘Utd DNA’ rather than name drop it and he bottled it. I still don’t see what Ole offers long term and think we’ve had all positives he can offer, he has to start showing something more pretty soon.

As opposed to thousands of your post without adding anything constructive but just carrying on this stupid convo?
Did i ever insulted you? Or any poster? No.
You on other hand, replying on posts about Solskjaer and throwing insults to people.
If you don't have anything to say except "feck you all" and shit like that then don't post anything. Manners man, manners

There are very few games in isolation to be upset about. But the situation overall is a different matter.

People are specifically talking about this game though, as if we were dreadful when we simply weren't.

I can understand why people who want Ole out won't be changing their minds because of this result, I know I certainly won't be, but some of these posts are from people who are so emotionally invested in Ole getting sacked that it's distorting their reality.

We played alright.

No. After a run of crappy, dull, disjointed performances I’d have got my players to come out like a steam train, at least in the second half when it was clear Pep was doing the same, sorry and I agree with the below ...

It was the correct way to start the game but as the game progressed the approach was wrong with level City were at today.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.