Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a boring game and both the managers didn't want to take risks but unsurprisingly the press will criticize Ole and give pep a free pass.

We’re 4 points off the top this year.
After 11 games last year we were 18!
If we put a good run together over Christmas we’re in great shape going into the New Year. In both years Ole has been in charge we’ve put together a run of games. Do that this year we’re bang in contention.
Cut the manager some slack and let him get on with his job

No credit for or against Ole that game. A complete non event. Wish he tried to win though.

6 points from our next two games should be the only thing acceptable. Drop points in either of them and it's another massive feck up.

If we put a good run together over Christmas we’re in great shape going into the New Year. In both years Ole has been in charge we’ve put together a run of games. Do that this year we’re bang in contention.
We are also 4 points of 14th.

The most worrying thing is our attacking play. Our attacks are based on oure improvisation of 3 players. Shambolic

An enormous 8 minutes after attacking managerial genius Pep's first sub.

Its hilarious how literally every manager gets dragged into the conversation when someone critcises Ole.

Well Sir Alex did this or Klopp does that! Jose did this and Pep did that!

Ole is a million miles away from any of those managers.

We’ve cut him two years of slack

That was a boring game and both the managers didn't want to take risks but unsurprisingly the press will criticize Ole and give pep a free pass.
City committed men forward cautiously. Their approach although cautious was more positive than ours. Secondly they were playing away.

If you are having a meltdown over a draw vs City then you have an agenda. Simple as that

We had a rough fecking week and if we had thrown the sink at them and got twatted 0-3 would that have been preferable?

Yeah it was a fairly boring affair where both teams were off the boil in attack and very good in defense and neither team wanted to commit too many men forward

that’s a sane comment for a change over here. He approached the game tactically right. I really don’t understand fans who say we just sat back and defended. We had similar numbers of shots, possession was close. Not sure why wouldn’t some people over here see how organised defensively we were.

overall, it’s a good result

Are you watching the coverage :lol:

Gary Neville has said multiple times, at least 3 that I've heard on commentary and post match, that United you can understand cautiousness because they got KO'ed of Europe and need to build confidence. But Pep has no excuse. There is a ridiculous pass on United's performance the way I see it.

The fact that we didn't actually try to win a derby (because that's whats happened) is quite sickening to me. It's City at home in a derby, who aren't a shadow of what they were in 2018, and we didn't even bother to try and win the game at 0-0. In fact, we were under the cosh with 20 minutes to go, they were actually probing our box trying to force some opening.

Its hilarious how literally every manager gets dragged into the conversation when someone critcises Ole.

Well Sir Alex did this or Klopp does that! Jose did this and Ole did that!

'Every manager' or just the one in this game, who did the exact same thing. You know, the one I mentioned. Him being an absolute genius who PE teacher Ole, with no tactics, isn't in the same league as.

Just admitting you've got no reply to it, because you don't actually give a shit about it beyond having a pop, has got to be easier than this shite.

A derby draw on its own isn't a bad result but it's a little worrying looking at the full picture this season

We've had four games against the ‘Big 6’ rivals so far this season and all at home yet we’ve lost two, one in embarrassing fashion against Jose, and drawn two...

Not really a promising sign of things to come

Awful manager, literally cannot wait to see the day he leaves. Legend or not, it is 2020, you cannot keep loving someone for the goals they scored 20 years ago. Time and life moves forward, change is the only certainty.

All the fecking moaners are here again? Cheers. Don't think this is gonna last but seriously.
He has bought us to a level we wouldn't have been under any other manager post SAF. Even if it didn't work out he has done more than LVG, Moyes and Mou.

He's just come out and said

"In my time against Manchester City that's the best performance we have had. Not the best result, but the best performance."

Again, I'm struggling to see our ambition if that is the "best".

Does anyone think he is the man to bring back the PL title with performances like this?
It feels like he is going for top 4 or just trying to stay in his job.

The most worrying thing is our attacking play. Our attacks are based on oure improvisation of 3 players. Shambolic
It's been like this for the full 2 years, even when we looked great. Ole said himself in interviews he doesn't emphasise on tactics as much as he does motivation. He's a different style of manager and we just have to either hope his school of thought is correct, or the sack is made before too much damage is done.

Insulting another member

Well Sir Alex did this or Klopp does that! Jose did this and Pep did that!

You do justice to your tagline you miserable piece of shite.

Inappropriate Content
The Ole in lot are the exact type of people who’d see Ole banging their own wives and being totally chuffed that a United legend had their way with their own wives, taking a photograph of the event, rather than being outraged and throwing both Ole and their wives out on their arses.

Give them (Ole and cheating wife) time and they might realise how to be a good person. At least their wives got inseminated with United DNA.

I couldn't care less what you Norwegian Wole fanboys think tbh.

That made me laugh, so thanks for that :)

I am not a big Ole fan, I am unsure if his the right manager for us. I think his done some good things as a manager for us, but can he take us to the next level? I am not overly confident. But I support United, the players and him. I have hope.

that’s a sane comment for a change over here. He approached the game tactically right. I really don’t understand fans who say we just sat back and defended. We had similar numbers of shots, possession was close. Not sure why wouldn’t some people over here see how organised defensively we were.

overall, it’s a good result
It's desperation because they were banking on a defeat to get Poch in first thing Monday morning. It's why they've invented a version of today's game that only they saw or are kicking off about players laughing and joking after the game as if this is the first derby it ever happened in. Not like the good old days where players like Mike Summerbee hated George Best so much he considered him his best mate and co-owned a business with him.

Just heard his post match interview. Bloody hell, you can sack manager from Cardiff but Cardiff always stays there. This is unbelievable. I can't..i just can't comment him anymore. Moyes, come back. Come back, all is forgiven

"In my time against Manchester City that's the best performance we have had. Not the best result, but the best performance."

He literally said that this is the best performance during his time, not ever. I may not completely agree with him here, but if we're talking in terms of defensive solidity and edge of the seat action against us, he is probably right.

A derby draw on its own isn't a bad result but it's a little worrying looking at the full picture this season

We've had four games against the ‘Big 6’ rivals so far this season and all at home yet we’ve lost two, one in embarrassing fashion against Jose, and drawn two...

Not really a promising sign of things to come

There has to be some mitigation for playing these games in empty stadiums. Will likely play the reverse fixtures in front of crowds too

All the fecking moaners are here again? Cheers. Don't think this is gonna last but seriously.
He has bought us to a level we wouldn't have been under any other manager post SAF. Even if it didn't work out he has done more than LVG, Moyes and Mou.
Jesus. fecking. Christ.

What has he actually done that no other top manager couldn't have achieved? We've spent loads of money on a few good players and a few other ones which are overrated (Maguire, for one). It's easy to talk in general terms and not develop an argument but I'm yet to hear how saint Ole has made us better.

Honestly, some of the people from our fanbase sound like young teenagers who've never seen us dominate the league.

Few questions/observations after that:

A) Are we still top of the 'Since Bruno joined' table?

B) I don't have the exact numbers offhand, but it feels like we haven't scored many (if any) goals against our top 6 rivals. Isn't one of our manager's strengths supposed to be that he is good at the big games?

C) Coming out and playing for a draw against a beatable City team at home would have gotten Jose slaughtered by many on here, with a worse squad than the one we have now (And I'm NOT a fan of modern day Jose).

Our league form the last 5 are 4W1D - Unhappy with that? Seriously?

We never come put on top when there's a chance to truly grab an opportunity and the football is dire 70% of the time. We are going absolutely nowhere no matter how much you dress it up.

That’s the most in control of a derby game we’ve ever been. He’s 100% right. A point is a good result really we could have pushed for more but 1 point vs rivals as long as we smash lower sides is title winning approach

The Ole in lot are the exact type of people who’d see Ole banging their own wives and being totally chuffed that a United legend had their way with their own wives, taking a photograph of the event, rather than being outraged and throwing both Ole and their wives out on their arses.

Give them time and they might realise how to be a good person. At least their wives got inseminated with United DNA.
Was shocked to hear Gary Neville called it a negative setup. He's usually the toppest red but knew he'd be a hypocrite to praise that setup. Meanwhile there are still some here calling people out for criticising the usage of the very tactic that got Jose hounded out of the club

Last edited:

Give them (Ole and cheating wife) time and they might realise how to be a good person. At least their wives got inseminated with United DNA.
:lol:

If you are having a meltdown over a draw vs City then you have an agenda. Simple as that

We had a rough fecking week and if we had thrown the sink at them and got twatted 0-3 would that have been preferable?

Yeah it was a fairly boring affair where both teams were off the boil in attack and very good in defense and neither team wanted to commit too many men forward

To try and put that kind of spin on the game suggests an agenda, sometimes just have to hold hands up and say manager bottled it. It’s not the end of the world but no one should be impressed by that result or performance.

Only sub is a like for like 70 minutes into a game there for the taking.

Turns out it's not always a negative thing.
United need to take more risks.

We've finished behind City in the league for the last seven years. Seven years! We had the chance to pull away from them today and get close to the top. Instead we were happy to drop two points.

Ole needs to start making subs earlier in games; being more proactive. He seems very reactive, almost scared of the opposition. It's not just this game its every home game this season.

Manchester United need to get back on top ffs.

He literally said that this is the best performance during his time, not ever. I may not completely agree with him here, but if we're talking in terms of defensive solidity and edge of the seat action against us, he is probably right.
We were superb when we beat them 2-1 at the Etihad last season. Far, far better than today.

Status
Not open for further replies.