Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He literally said that this is the best performance during his time, not ever. I may not completely agree with him here, but if we're talking in terms of defensive solidity and edge of the seat action against us, he is probably right.

Isn't that bad enough in it's self? That was a poor performance.

Struggling to see how that was better then at the Etihad last season as well.

He literally said that this is the best performance during his time, not ever. I may not completely agree with him here, but if we're talking in terms of defensive solidity and edge of the seat action against us, he is probably right.
But he's not talking about that. He's talking as the whole performance which is clearly bullshit.

Ole should never complain about players injured or get knackered. One sub in 75 min. Very smart management.

Best performance because we....... didn't let them create many chances?

Because it sure as feck isn't our best performance against them for creating chances.

A real insight into his mentality. Just a wannabe Jose Mourinho.

Jesus. fecking. Christ.

What has he actually done that no other top manager couldn't have achieved? We've spent loads of money on a few good players and a few other ones which are overrated (Maguire, for one). It's easy to talk in general terms and not develop an argument but I'm yet to hear how saint Ole has made us better.

Honestly, some of the people from our fanbase sound like young teenagers who've never seen us dominate the league.

It'd be good if you actually care to read his comment. Post SAF, which manager has brought us to this level? You options are - Moyes, LVG and Mou. We aren't talking about managers who could've brought us to this level.

Can't win something if you're afraid to take risk. That's a given.
Ole is too scared when things are in a balance and he needs to do something to tip things in his favor. Our best runs under him was when things are already bad and there's little option but to go all out. But when things are even, and he needs to take risk to get advantage, he does feck all. We'll not win anything with that attitude, and unless Ole changed dramatically in this regards, he needs to go

:lol: he's gone full crazy if you add this to the EL comments in the presser.
Best part; nobody expected that we will go through CL group. We are Man Utd ffs. Man Utd. And he says that nobody expected.
For all fans who say "but who if not him?"; if we organise a lottery for next manager, we will get a better manager. Because it is literally impossible to get worse

It'd be good if you actually care to read his comment. Post SAF, which manager has brought us to this level? You options are - Moyes, LVG and Mou. We aren't talking about managers who could've brought us to this level.

The level of drawing with City 0-0 at home in a borefest ? Yay... fantastic. That was always my dream.

We were superb when we beat them 2-1 at the Etihad last season. Far, far better than today.
We also outclassed and outplayed them when we beat them 2-0 at OT back in March so I'm not sure about today being our best derby performance at all under him.

Sounds like something Jose would say in regards to nullifying the opposition being more important than actually taking the initiative in a match.

This is the poorest City side under Pep so far, wouldn't hang my hat on holding them to a draw at all when they were ripe for picking up 3 points against

I reckon we should get rid! That was poor ... again. That was the worst derby I’ve seen in years. Both managers were cowardly tonight but just because Pep was, doesn’t mean our manager should follow suit. City was there for the taking.

We can’t afford to lose the next game either, so what? He’s going to feed us that dross every week?

Off the back of the disappointment of mid-week and given the difference of playing city as opposed to SU it’s a completely different scenario. Surely you can see the difference...

City are a shadow their former selves. Don't kid yourself.

Best performance because we....... didn't let them create many chances?

Because it sure as feck isn't our best performance against them for creating chances.

A real insight into his mentality. Just a wannabe Jose Mourinho.
That's all he knows. Ruin the other teams game and hope to score form a corner or a counter

That’s the most in control of a derby game we’ve ever been. He’s 100% right. A point is a good result really we could have pushed for more but 1 point vs rivals as long as we smash lower sides is title winning approach
:lol:

If you are having a meltdown over a draw vs City then you have an agenda. Simple as that

We had a rough fecking week and if we had thrown the sink at them and got twatted 0-3 would that have been preferable?

Yeah it was a fairly boring affair where both teams were off the boil in attack and very good in defense and neither team wanted to commit too many men forward
What do you think Ferguson would have done. What do you think is the United way. The whole reason to appoint Ole was that he knew the club.

Jesus. fecking. Christ.

What has he actually done that no other top manager couldn't have achieved? We've spent loads of money on a few good players and a few other ones which are overrated (Maguire, for one). It's easy to talk in general terms and not develop an argument but I'm yet to hear how saint Ole has made us better.

Honestly, some of the people from our fanbase sound like young teenagers who've never seen us dominate the league.
Oh I've seen more than dominate a league. But if you still thinks that's the level we are at I feel sad for you mate.

He may not be the best but yea. He got us 3rd. And he got us competing. He may be shit longterm but he did get us there. He made fred Rashy Martial look good. (even McT Maguire and AWB).

What about him being a Saint? He's made terrible mistakes which would probably get him sacked but to not acknowledge what he's done for this club is delusional.

We also outclassed and outplayed them when we beat the 2-0 at OT back in March so I'm not sure about today being our best derby performance at all
Can the Cafe make their mind up about whether sitting back at home against City is negative or not? That game saw City have 72% of the ball and us scoring from a set piece and our second with the last kick of the game, after our 357th boot up field of that game was passed to McTominay by their 'keeper.

We were superb when we beat them 2-1 at the Etihad last season. Far, far better than today.

Isn't that bad enough in it's self? That was a poor performance.

Struggling to see how that was better then at the Etihad last season as well.

But he's not talking about that. He's talking as the whole performance which is clearly bullshit.
As far as the Etihad performance was concerned, it was a really good performance and like I said I don't agree with him here, unless he means in terms of how comfortable we were in dealing with them
The 2nd half in Etihad, we weren't really that good, and were saved by Dave multiple times.

Meltdown by some United supporters is hilarious after a draw against ManCity and 4 points from 1st place.

Society is wierd.

Am I the only one who cringes when I hear “the United way” or “United DNA” or “bleeds United”.

Christ. It’s football.

That’s the most in control of a derby game we’ve ever been. He’s 100% right. A point is a good result really we could have pushed for more but 1 point vs rivals as long as we smash lower sides is title winning approach

Is this a quote from Mourinho's autobiography?

The Ole in lot are the exact type of people who’d see Ole banging their own wives and being totally chuffed that a United legend had their way with their own wives, taking a photograph of the event, rather than being outraged and throwing both Ole and their wives out on their arses.

Give them (Ole and cheating wife) time and they might realise how to be a good person. At least their wives got inseminated with United DNA.
Now this gave me a good chuckle. Probably a bit of an exaggeration but not too far away from the truth, tbh.

That made me laugh, so thanks for that :)

I am not a big Ole fan, I am unsure if his the right manager for us. I think his done some good things as a manager for us, but can he take us to the next level? I am not overly confident. But I support United, the players and him. I have hope.
I am sorry if I came across as petulant but my problem is with the bolded. We are living in hope, not in expectation that he'll do well. And that's because most people's brain is telling them we're going nowhere fast but their heart is hoping he proves us wrong.

But he won't because we've seen this film before with the previous three managers. Ole would have been off at the start of this year if Bruno hadn't come in and lifted the whole team (as well as lockdown allowing the team to rest and focus on league games only).

Jesus. fecking. Christ.

Mourinho and LVG both won stuff!

As far as the Etihad performance was concerned, it was a really good performance and like I said I don't agree with him here, unless he means in terms of how comfortable we were in dealing with them
The 2nd half in Etihad, we weren't really that good, and were saved by Dave multiple times.
Sure but it's not a debate of "if he meant xyz" because any quote can be spun in a manner to defend them. Truth is he actually came out with a pile of tripe that no one should buy.

Even after he said it the reporter said "really?!" and the host on skysports said "But their best performance?!". It's clearly a very bizarre claim to make.

Yeah i would, but it was not like we played Accrington Stanley tonight though was it? Believe it or not, sometimes safety first is a viable option, especially when you are under pressure
No, but this is hardly vintage City under Pep either. City hardly created anything and come for a draw. United needs 3 points badly especially after what happen in midweek. A bore first half was acceptable, but continuing that in the second half when he got options on the bench to take the initiative? That's shite mentality

Off the back of the disappointment of mid-week and given the difference of playing city as opposed to SU it’s a completely different scenario. Surely you can see the difference...

Only in context. Tonight’s game was for the taking and tonight for me was very disappointing. I struggle to take many positives from not losing at home to City. We could have buried them.

Can the Cafe make their mind up about whether sitting back at home against City is negative or not? That game saw City have 72% of the ball and us scoring from a set piece and our second with the last kick of the game, after the 357th boot up field of that game was passed to McTominay by their 'keeper.
We still managed to create loads of chances and they never looked like scoring regardless of their possession numbers.

Apologies for thinking that was better than the non threatening display we served up today in spite of City being poor in the final third in their own right

If Ole supporters can't bring themselves to even criticize him a little bit after last 2 games then I honestly don't see any credibility in their opinions whatsoever. Just blind support at this point.

All the fecking moaners are here again? Cheers. Don't think this is gonna last but seriously.
He has bought us to a level we wouldn't have been under any other manager post SAF. Even if it didn't work out he has done more than LVG, Moyes and Mou.
:lol: :lol: :wenger::wenger:. I am...i am....i am speechless. This is new and highest level of delusion.
You won. You are either top of the top reds or top troll.

To try and put that kind of spin on the game suggests an agenda, sometimes just have to hold hands up and say manager bottled it. It’s not the end of the world but no one should be impressed by that result or performance.

Impressed? No. It was fecking boring, but its not like City played champagne football either, as they managed a grand total of two shots on target all game. It was a very good defensive performance from both teams and both teams were off the boil in attack. KdB and Bruno got completely locked down and Sterling/Rashford were both shite

Considering the children who are shouting the loudest in here have claimed Ole is the worst manager in existence, getting a draw vs the (second?) best manager out there today must be some kind of miracle, but they still moan.

Edit: You are obviously not one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.