Why CR7 Should be Talked About as the GOAT

He will never be considered as such. He seems to be an utter prick to the public, he's arrogant on the field, his alround game has regressed since joining Madrid. He just doesn't have the flair Messi, Maradona or Pele had.

Might be unfair, but it's still true. A lot of people just really, really hate him.

This is where we forget all his charity work or helping lot of people?

This is where we forget all his charity work or helping lot of people?
It's unfortunate that that's the impression he gives off, yeah. He's actually been quite a great guy outside the pitch in truth*

*assuming the sexual assault thing is untrue. Otherwise....

Yeah heard that.

So, am I saying he's a prick? :p I think he's a very troubled person. That's the impression I got from his film. But there's no denying the overwhelming majority of football fans think he's an utter prick, on and off the pitch. And his attitude has got a lot to do with that. That utterly meaningless 4:1 against Atletico, after an awful performance, and he almost wanking himself to death live on pitch over it? That's the impression people get. Not some youth football project on Madeira.

He will never be considered as such. He seems to be an utter prick to the public, he's arrogant on the field, his alround game has regressed since joining Madrid. He just doesn't have the flair Messi, Maradona or Pele had.

Might be unfair, but it's still true. A lot of people just really, really hate him.

This would be the maradona who handled the ball, failed drug tests and all yeah? He is also not very liked publicly

So, am I saying he's a prick? :p I think he's a very troubled person. That's the impression I got from his film. But there's no denying the overwhelming majority of football fans think he's an utter prick, on and off the pitch. And his attitude has got a lot to do with that. That utterly meaningless 4:1 against Atletico, after an awful performance, and he almost wanking himself to death live on pitch over it? That's the impression people get. Not some youth football project on Madeira.

Most of the people are cnuts with nothing better to do in their life so I'm not surprised if they judge someone whom they have never seen or met.

1 world cup goal just doesn't cut it.

Ronaldo at least has 3, because he has the record of consecutive scoring in major international tournaments: he has scored in all tournaments since Euro 2004 (the first one he participated).
Like some other players he generally ends the season either injured or completely tired - this year seems different, the Confederations Cup will be interesting (although not a major tournament).

He IS a better version of Higuain(right now. Peak Cris was another matter). You're seriously underrating Higuain here

Apart form scoring goals Higuain contributes almost nothing. Ronaldo assists goals as well - about 5 times more often than Higuain (in the CL anyway).

Last edited:
One thing I have marveled at for close to a decade is how CR7s creativity is utterly overlooked by his detractors and Mesii fanbois. One would think he hasn't until recently still been putting in a healthy number of assists in addition to his goals record. Especially whilst spending a huge chunk of that period as a wide player whilst Messi operated more or less down the middle until Enrique took over at Barca....

what I don't understand is how people are forgetting Messi has just turned 29 and Ronaldo is 32. HUGE difference in age in terms of how the body changes during that time. Messi could easily turn get another year or two as THE top player.

what I don't understand is how people are forgetting Messi has just turned 29 and Ronaldo is 32. HUGE difference in age in terms of how the body changes during that time. Messi could easily turn get another year or two as THE top player.

Messi hasn't just turned 29, he'll be 30 in a few days.

Age isn't a just a number that everyone has to adhere to all the time. Ronaldo is older than Rooney, for example.

Just look at Zlatan. He takes immense care of his body and could still tear up the PL at 35 years of age. Who's to say Messi doesn't start going off the boil before Ronaldo? If Ronaldo keeps taking every necessary precaution to ensure he keeps being one of the best players in the world he can probably stay at that level for three or four more seasons. He looked broken at the Euros last summer and has somehow managed to work himself up to being better than ever at the end of this season, so there's no telling when he's finished for good.

You mean Barca fans?

Yeah that's stupid. He is the one of the most popular footballers on the planet. Casual football fans possibly love him even more than Messi.

That's all very well apart from the fact that Ronaldo didn't start off as a forward like Messi, and didn't have the greatest team in the world ever ever (TM) playing for him for years.

Messi couldn't retain the CL when he had the better team mates; Ronaldo did that just now.

Messi didn't start off as a forward either. You're so deluded. It's quite impressive.

Messi didn't start off as a forward either. You're so deluded. It's quite impressive.
:lol: I was the one who saw Ronaldo would be seen as the GOAT even in those years where Messi was winning Ballon D'Or year after year.

Now many people agree me. :lol:

Messi made the move(towards being a forward) a lot sooner than ronaldo though.

Yeah, that isn't what he said though. His implication is that Messi has been a forward his whole career. He hasn't. He was still playing on the right wing at first under Guardiola. Eto'o and Ibrahimovic were strikers.

:lol: I was the one who saw Ronaldo would be seen as the GOAT even in those years where Messi was winning Ballon D'Or year after year.

Now many people agree me. :lol:

What's that got to do with anything? Many people think Messi is the GOAT too btw. It's almost like it's all subjective and there's no right or wrong answer...

Yeah, that isn't what he said though. His implication is that Messi has been a forward his whole career. He hasn't. He was still playing on the right wing at first under Guardiola. Eto'o and Ibrahimovic were strikers.

What's that got to do with anything? Many people think Messi is the GOAT too btw. It's almost like it's all subjective and there's no right or wrong answer...

You are right there.

If you don't see the difference between Messi's starting position as a right sided forward in a kind of 4-3-3 compared to Ronaldo's role at United as a classic winger, I've nothing to add.

One can even argue Ronaldo still plays at a similar position where Messi started (opposite side of the pitch)

Cristiano isn't even the GOAT Ronaldo. Ronaldo Nazario de Lima holds that throne.

Cristiano isn't even the GOAT Ronaldo. Ronaldo Nazario de Lima holds that throne.
This argument is becoming increasingly silly. Yes, the old Ronaldo had a period where he was unplayable but over their entire careers it's not even a contest.

This argument is becoming increasingly silly. Yes, the old Ronaldo had a period where he was unplayable but over their entire careers it's not even a contest.

I value peak over consistency. If my life depended on it I rather have Ronaldo (90s) on my team.

From my reddit and other forum experiences, 70% would pick Brazilian Ronaldo. He's still the more popular choice.

It's not even close anymore. Similar peak levels, the difference is that one lasted 2 or 3 years and the other 10. Consistency, numbers and achievement wise there's only one winner. Cristiano scored more Champions League goals in the year of La Decima than Ronaldo Fenomeno in his entire career. At 32, he just led Real Madrid to their first league-CL double since 1958. At 32 Ronaldo Fenomeno was enjoying the sunshine and women in Brazil. And those 70% you just made up are nonsense too, you wouldn't get those numbers in Brazil nevermind on neutral forums

It's not even close anymore. Similar peak levels, the difference is that one lasted 2 or 3 years and the other 10. Consistency, numbers and achievement wise there's only one winner. Cristiano scored more Champions League goals in the year of La Decima than Ronaldo Fenomeno in his entire career. At 32, he just led Real Madrid to their first league-CL double since 1958. At 32 Ronaldo Fenomeno was enjoying the sunshine and women in Brazil. And those 70% you just made up are nonsense too, you wouldn't get those numbers in Brazil nevermind on neutral forums
Like I completely understand why he would say that, I loved Brazilian Ronaldo, and he was unplayable when he wanted to be. We tend to romanticise the past and I feel that C Ronaldo will be fully appreciated after retirement.

But yeah objectively C Ronaldo is so much better.

Forget about what others think. Look at their career stats.

This has been debunked too many times. I'm so lazy right now, I won't start this discussion all over again.

Many people prefer the fat Ronaldo, I'm one of them. He is only less than Messi for me.

This has been debunked too many times. I'm so lazy right now, I won't start this discussion all over again.

Many people prefer the fat Ronaldo, I'm one of them. He is only less than Messi for me.

Stats have been debunked ? How remarkable.

Stats have been debunked ? How remarkable.

Yeah dude, Cristiano had a much better team in his prime than Ronaldo. When Ronaldo had a great team, he won the world cup as top scorer.

If you want to compare their spells at Madrid, when Ronaldo basically had an amputated knee, go ahead.

Messi is comfortably better in everything they can do.

Wrong. First, he only scored in Lisbon, second, in Lisbon he was playing through injury but he had a good game overall. He played within his means and did really well. Created a couple big chances for Bale to squander, too, and he was the one who won the ball back near our own corner kick in the second extra time which began the play that resulted in Bale's go-ahead goal

He was rubbish in Milan, yes. He just was never fit that whole season

@fcbforever his game has regressed due to age. If anything, his ability to adapt to it and still remain at this level should be seen as further proof of his greatness. But i agree with the gist of your post otherwise...

finally, last post on this thread: Messi had the best individual game of the year -the clasico, where he ascended to the heavens and morphed into the Sun God-. Cristiano had the best 2 months stretch of the year. Who's better? Who cares
He was so average in Real's last 2 wins before this one.

Messi is definitely better in everything he does, but Ronaldo is in the top top echelons of football. In terms of scoring, consistency and match-winning he is up there with the best ever to lace up boots. But Messi is still better at everything by quite a distance except maybe goal scoring.

He's better on the ball, at dribbling, at shooting, at passing, at taking on men, at penalties, at free-kicks...Ronaldo only does one thing equally well - goalscoring, and one thing better - heading.

Messi is also 3 years younger nearly and will finish his career with more goals in major leagues than Ronaldo.

Let's judge when the stories are over. And then Messi will still be much better.

I support neither United, Madrid or Barça, btw.