Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reus (back then still at Gladbach) was the player of the season back then. Both Lewandowski and Kagawa had strong runs in the second half of the season (they were still overshadowed by Gündogan in my eyes), but the Polish was only decent and the Japanese was even really poor in the first half. Best player of Dortmund was without a doubt Hummels, who showed the most consistency over the whole season.

The comparision between Felaini and Kagawa is like comparing apples and oranges to begin with. That begins with contract situations alone. The biggest difference was the market, where the transfers took place, though. It is no secret that the English market is pretty inflated. Transfers inbetween the PL often tend to be overpriced to a degree in comparision to transfers from outside Great Britain. It is kinda like an extra fee for experience in the PL.

Reus was indeed player of the year, Lewandowski Dortmund's player of the year. Lewandowski decent :D:D:D his teammates disagreed

For anyone who wants to cling to the small threads of Thiago hope for a little bit longer, there is one solitary paper that I found that doesn't think that we are out of the running completely:

German team coach says he does not know what the situation or if there will be a real chance of recruiting the player, but do not want to miss this opportunity to remember that the German works to gain his services, as Thiago's request technical staff .To date, the player has not spoken to the media, but Barca already know that your intention is not to follow in the Catalan.
Now, the final decision depends on Thiago.In recent months, several teams have announced their intention to fight to take control of his signing, and two 'big' in Europe such as Manchester United and Bayern Munich are best placed to hire him ahead of next season.It will not be for another few dates when the player announces what his final decision.
http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/liga-bbva/2013/07/11/guardiola-pide-al-bayern-el-fichaje-de-thiago-solo-quiero-que-venga-el-es-un-superjugador-124782/&usg=ALkJrhgf1S81W3PGxuQRRGOq1ZBQnWhLrQ

One thing that I find slightly disconcerting is how quickly they moved to contact Rosell and offer to pay the buy-out clause. I know no one knows exactly where we were in the negotiations process, but comparatively it seems quite an aggressive (not wrongly), no wasting time, strategy by Bayern, when all we heard last week was that there had been no bid from us.

Considering that Chelsea, City, PSG, Monaco, Real, Barcelona and Bayern can out bid us + we seem not able to have the financial muscle to push estabilished players from the likes of Juventus and Milan to handle a transfer request and join us, well.......the choice is pretty limited.

Of all the names being mentioned on this page....bender would be the only realistic option of who might be available who we couod be interested in....but maybe moyes wants a more creative player....we should be doing what chelsea have been doing in recent seasons by not going after the player all the big clubs will want such as the modrics, the ozils, the thiagos etc and instead they've gone for big talents not so much on the radar like van ginkel and oscar...I think our scouting netwoek needs impeoving so that we don't just keep after the obvious choices that all the big clubs want each summer

Axel witsel was the big muppet dream last year...doubt zenit would sell him so soon after 1 season where he has been impressive

How did Ander Herrera do this season? Nobody ever seems to mention him anymore. You would think he would be linked with us by the red tops.

Of all the names being mentioned on this page....bender would be the only realistic option of who might be available who we couod be interested in....but maybe moyes wants a more creative player....we should be doing what chelsea have been doing in recent seasons by not going after the player all the big clubs will want such as the modrics, the ozils, the thiagos etc and instead they've gone for big talents not so much on the radar like van ginkel and oscar...I think our scouting netwoek needs impeoving so that we don't just keep after the obvious choices that all the big clubs want each summer

Erm, Chelsea went in all guns blazing trying to get Modric in 2011. And Hazard, well he was very much on the radar last summer.

How did Ander Herrera do this season? Nobody ever seems to mention him anymore. You would think he would be linked with us by the red tops.

That's not exactly a name that sells the red tops. He'd be a very low profile signing.

Ah, just imagine how great it would be if we announced that we've bought...

Yes, that's the full sentence.

Fergie stipulated several times that our scouts do the hard work discovering lots of players, other clubs jump on the bandwagon and then the player gets hyped up and in demand and we end up missing out. We scout young players for a year or two so I guess it's easy when our scouts get spotted watching the same player/club time and time again.

That's not exactly a name that sells the red tops. He'd be a very low profile signing.

Is that the criteria for our signings these days then?

Hope we sign Fellaini. 20m is a tad high but he'll improve us and with Moyes in charge he might even want to come here.

Is that the criteria for our signings these days then?

No but the poster I replied to was wondering why his name is rarely mentioned these days. I merely pointed out that he's a low-profile player, thus it's no wonder the tabloids don't fall over themselves to link him with us.

Hope we sign Fellaini. 20m is a tad high but he'll improve us and with Moyes in charge he might even want to come here.

I doubt we will, mainly because we bid for Baines, Everton openly said we bid for Baines, but there was absolutely no mention of Fellaini.

He'd want to come here even if peterstorey was in charge. The question is, do we really want him? Are we sure? Are we really sure?

No but the poster I replied to was wondering why his name is rarely mentioned these days. I merely pointed out that he's a low-profile player, thus it's no wonder the tabloids don't fall over themselves to link him with us.

Oh, ok.

We do get linked with a lot lower profile players and players that people haven't heard of though tbh not just big names, though I suppose it's dependent on the agents agenda.

I doubt we will, mainly because we bid for Baines, Everton openly said we bid for Baines, but there was absolutely no mention of Fellaini.

I know but frankly as good a player as Baines is I'd rather sign Fellaini or Barkley from them. Not going to happen I know, but I think a lot of people underrate the guy massively. A thug he might be, but he's also a very good player

Signing Lars Bender and McCarthy would go a long way toward improving our midfield. Although, I think we are more likely to end up with Fellaini instead of Bender.

"Unless I was speaking double Dutch, I've said that Wayne Rooney is not for sale," said Moyes at a press conference in Bangkok.
"You mustn't forget Manchester United is about a team, not any one individual. In lots of ways I am only interested in the team and some of the questions are reverting back to stuff I covered last week."
David Moyes
"I have answered lots of questions about Wayne and it's getting repetitive. I don't want to talk about it all day.
"I have really covered all the things on Wayne.
"You mustn't forget Manchester United is about a team, not any one individual.
"In lots of ways I am only interested in the team and some of the questions are reverting back to stuff I covered last week."
Earlier on Friday, when Jose Mourinho was asked about any interest in signing Rooney, the Chelsea manager said: "I cannot speak about players from other teams. But you know me...
"I always say what I think and he is a player I like very much. I cannot say more than that.
"Being fast and direct, I like him very much. But he is a Manchester United player."
When asked if Mourinho was being mischievous, Moyes replied: "I don't think so. People are entitled to talk about good players.
"I am being asked plenty about Wayne so I am sure Jose will be getting asked about lots of players as well.
"It is hard to keep repeating myself - but I will do. Wayne is a Manchester United player and will remain that."
Moyes is also busy trying to bring in new signings and was non-committal on whether he wanted to sign Alcantara, with the Barcelona midfielder now seemingly poised for a reunion with Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich.
Asked about the player, Moyes commented: "I never said he was a target.
"We're on with targets that we are chasing at this moment in time. There are people we are actively chasing and, at this moment in time, we're happy with how things are going."

Meanwhile, Moyes also confirmed that Rooney's hamstring injury will keep him out for "two to three weeks" and not a month as first thought.
"We didn't expect it," he said. "We wouldn't have brought him if we had known. But once we had it checked, what would be the point in taking a risk?
"We could have kept him and taken him to all the other places but he wouldn't have played the games. We thought for the benefit of the player, the best thing to do was get him back right away and let him get on with his rehabilitation.
"We will keep his work up. With a hamstring injury you can do lots of work in the swimming pool and some work in the gym.
"And when we return from this tour we still have the game in Stockholm, the Community Shield and Rio (Ferdinand)'s testimonial as well.
"It is really important we get players fit for those games and Wayne should only be out for two or three weeks.
"He was in really good shape. He came back in a good fighting weight."

**Lets just trust in Moyes**

Was waiting for him to get pi$% off.

Weird article in Mundo Deportivo:

Manchester United confident that Thiago give Guardiola pumpkins
  • He believes the Old Trafford will have more ownership guarantees that at Bayern and gives up his possible move
Barca-Bayern-Munich-Partido-vu_54376702758_54115221155_600_244.jpg

Thiago, skillful coveted / PHOTO: Claudio Chaves - MD

• MundoDeportivo.com 12/07/2013 12:44
While Barça and Bayern have already had the first contacts by Thiago Alcantara, Manchester United still hopes to be with the young crack Barca and pumpkins give it to Pep Guardiola.
According to the Daily Mail, call at the Old Trafford club, with whom he had negotiated before Guardiola publicly asked Thursday his move to Munich club, ensure you have much more presence than in the FC Bayern.

The same parties that Javi Martinez
The media quoted notes that Thiago had 27 appearances for Barcelona last season, the same as Javi Martinez in the Bavarian and totalling more than there Shaqiri or Luiz Gustavo.
From Sir Alex to David Moyes

Precisely the warranty of title or quality minutes is fixed which would have required Mazinho, father and one of the representatives of the midfielder, United, fearing that with the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson and David Moyes arrival of the bench his son could lose prominence.
Both the 'Red Devils' as, initially, Bayern Player pay clause, of 21.7 million euros, and Manchester United are not as lost possible recruitment.

Leer más: http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...narices-thiago_54376741684.html#ixzz2YqdaDIuy

It cites the Daily Mail but I can't see any article suggesting we think he will pick us over Pep because we will offer more playing guarantees on the Mail website. Anyone?

N.B - please don't ask me about the pumpkins thing!

Gundogan and Benders are not for sale but why no-one has tried to buy McCarthy is baffling to me.

Fulham already had a bid turned down apparently, it was way too low at around 8m. Tottenham are supposedly interested in a big way. Wigan are looking for 20m but he'll probably end up going for 15m. It's still fairly early though.

Fulham already had a bid turned down apparently, it was way too low at around 8m. Tottenham are supposedly interested in a big way. Wigan are looking for 20m but he'll probably end up going for 15m. It's still fairly early though.

I think he'll go for slightly more than £10m and not to a top 6 side unless it's Spurs who have other priorities but like a midfielder way too much to pass up on an opportunity like this.

:lol:

Jojojo will have to give us a literal translation because google translate can't have gotten that one corect!

Personally I think Fellaini would be excellent for us. I don't understand the negativity surrounding him on here.

I wouldnt go as far as saying he'd be excellent, but yes, he'd be a solid purchase and will give us much needed strength in the middle.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think signing Fellaini wouldn't be too bad. PL proven, a beast in midfield, scores goals and has bags of technique. I don't know about his passing, but I don't understand when people slate the possibility of us signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.