Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's less than we payed for either Valencia or Young, he's a proven PL player and he plays in a position we desperately need to strengthen. I think it would have been good value for us, especially if you compare it to the 20+ million someone like Fellaini would cost. As for Thiago, how rare is it to get a player of his potential for that price? He should be worth double that, whoever signs him is getting a ridiculous bargain.

Well personally would say we overpaid for young and Valencia until last season was arguably the top winger in the league so fair enough at 17m.

But yeah a massively agree I'd rather have gotten dembele than fellaini and certainly wouldn't want to spend 20 on fellaini. I've said before that his price tag does not merit the role we'd need him for. Don't get me wrong I think dembele is a good player and would be in our team now I just think that we could probably spend a bit more and get a better player and so it's understandable that we didnt go for him. I think he's being slightly overrated because he managed to run through our very open midfield.

But yeah it's rare you can get someone like thiago cheap but you can get great deals, jive got Pogba off us for really cheap and he's gone in to their team, kagawa was cheap at 12m imo. Even rvp at 24m looks a bargain now. Van der sar at 2m. They don't come that often but they are about. Not that we shouldn't spend just that 15m or around that can get you a very good player.

They won't let Baines go for less than £15m, you really think we'd get Fellaini for any less than £20m?

He's not worth £10m, imo. Not good enough for us.

No I don't but I would take him if he was at a good price. He'd be a good option to have but I definitely wouldn't spend near 20 on him, I've said before I think his price is inflated because of his actions playing in a role we don't need him for and he hasn't done enough in a deeper role to justify a big price tag imo.

Fellaini would cost closer to £25 million imo. I'm no fan of the idea of us signing him but saying he's worth £10 million is insane. As a midfielder he's worth what Everton paid, as a direct striker he's worth around £20 million if he can do it each season like the last

No I don't but I would take him if he was at a good price. He'd be a good option to have but I definitely wouldn't spend near 20 on him, I've said before I think his price is inflated because of his actions playing in a role we don't need him for and he hasn't done enough in a deeper role to justify a big price tag imo.

Agree with this, whoever spends 24 million on him is an idiot.

Valon Berisha of Red Bull Salzburg is pretty shit hot and I still think Granit Xhaka of Monchengladbach will be world class.

No, no, oh god no. As long as he does not fix his big shot attitude and starts to actually work and perform at his mid table club, I don´t want to see him even remotely close to Old Trafford. I may sound harsh, but this boy is a prime example of a nice weather football player.

£30m for Gundogan. (If he's not signed that contract yet.) :lol:

Not gonna happen. For no money in the world. He is far too influential for the team for a possibility to leave at this point in time.

My shout goes to Lars Bender. Very complete midfielder, strong in tackling, passing and vision. He has also a very good personality (like his twin brother), takes responsibilty and is down to earth. According to multiple German sources, he has a rumoured buy out clause between 15 and 20 Mil €.

The bigger option would be Arturo Vidal, IF he would be truly willing to leave Turin.

No, no, oh god no. As long as he does not fix his big shot attitude and starts to actually work and perform at his mid table club, I don´t want to see him even remotely close to Old Trafford. I may sound harsh, but this boy is a prime example of a nice weather football player.

Not gonna happen. For no money in the world. He is far too influential for the team for a possibility to leave at this point in time.

My shout goes to Lars Bender. Very complete midfielder, strong in tackling, passing and vision. He has also a very good personality (like his twin brother), takes responsibilty and is down to earth. According to multiple German sources, he has a rumoured buy out clause between 15 and 20 Mil €.

The bigger option would be Arturo Vidal, IF he would be truly willing to leave Turin.

Yeah, very unlikely. Probably impossible. My list of targets would be Gundogan, Vidal, Lars and Verratti. Bender is probably the most likely, with all the other players being almost un-buyable unless they want to go.

Fellaini would cost closer to £25 million imo. I'm no fan of the idea of us signing him but saying he's worth £10 million is insane. As a midfielder he's worth what Everton paid, as a direct striker he's worth around £20 million if he can do it each season like the last
£15m? We got the Bundesliga player of the year for like £12m and you think Fellaini is worth £15m?

He's worth £20m if he does what he did last year? 11 goals? No.

Either way the point is he's not a Manchester United quality player.

We've gone from one of the best prospects in world football, who had better stats than Iniesta in most departments last season, who has vision and ball control to die for and a killer pass on him, who is touted as the next Xavi and was being priced around £15m, to people thinking Fellaini, who runs around kicking people and being average, is a decent alternative option?

I just don't even know what to say about that. Seems most United 'fans' have already turned on Thiago and are already weighing up who the next wank fest is gonna be over.

EDIT: just to clarify - i think Thiago is going to Bayern.

£15m? We got the Bundesliga player of the year for like £12m and you think Fellaini is worth £15m?

We've gone from one of the best prospects in world football, who had better stats than Iniesta in most departments last season, who has vision and ball control to die for and a killer pass on him, who is touted as the next Xavi and was being priced around £15m, to people thinking Fellaini, who runs around kicking people and being average, is a decent alternative option?

I just don't even know what to say about that. Seems most United 'fans' have already turned on Thiago and are already weighing up who the next wank fest is gonna be over.

I was just about to post something similar. Totally agree with you on this one, Satan.

Veratti plays a similar role to Carrick but he would still be worth buying he could come in and contribute immediately could take Carrick's place quickly also. Who do we have left the 'world class' options are non existent but players better than Anderson and Cleverley there are tons of.

Does anyone still think that Ando or Clevs are the future of our midfield? That they're going to turn out to be world beaters? I'd presume the staff would have noticed this by now and that we would have acted to address this situation but I can't see that happening right now. What exactly is the problem though? Why are we so blatantly disregarding this glaring and obvious mistake? You look at other top teams and they're all pretty much stocked with some great midfielders. Our squad may have depth but that's not going to be of much use if we're lacking in terms of quality.

Gundogan would be my if Thiago fails to materialise.

Me too, but I don't think that it is possible to get him. From Lewandovski's case we can understand that BVB is willing to lose 20m, just to have one of their best player for one more season (I know that it was Bayern but still) and I don't think that it is possible to get him until at earliest next summer. A more realistic target could be Leverkusen's Bender, though I hope that United will test Dortmund for Gundogan next summer.

How's Hamsik been doing lately? Would there be a chance that he's available maybe? Hardly watch him so can't really judge him, just know we used to be interested.

Is there any chance one of the Bayern cms will become available once Thiago arrives? The likes of Kroos will struggle to get playing time, no?

Does anyone still think that Ando or Clevs are the future of our midfield? That they're going to turn out to be world beaters? I'd presume the staff would have noticed this by now and that we would have acted to address this situation but I can't see that happening right now. What exactly is the problem though? Why are we so blatantly disregarding this glaring and obvious mistake? You look at other top teams and they're all pretty much stocked with some great midfielders. Our squad may have depth but that's not going to be of much use if we're lacking in terms of quality.

Cleverely for me is a squad player at best he is about to turn 24 it would take a big improvement from him. I'm not sure what he is best at he does everything to a decent level but at 23 I would want to have seen more from him. Anderson??? He's as good as he was in his first season he was 18 then his ceiling has drastically lowered. At his best?? I don't know I haven't seen a whole season from him to even know what to expect/compare in so long.

How's Hamsik been doing lately? Would there be a chance that he's available maybe? Hardly watch him so can't really judge him, just know we used to be interested.

He plays more as an attacking mid almost a supporting striker for Napoli. He was one of the best players in Italy last year though...

He played good last season (from what little I saw) but he's too advanced for us. We need someone who play on the center of midfield, not another attacking midfielder.

Cleverely for me is a squad player at best he is about to turn 24 it would take a big improvement from him. I'm not sure what he is best at he does everything to a decent level but at 23 I would want to have seen more from him. Anderson??? He's as good as he was in his first season he was 18 then his ceiling has drastically lowered. At his best?? I don't know I haven't seen a whole season from him to even know what to expect/compare in so long.

Exactly my point. They're merely squad players. Since when are squad players deemed enough to win trophies on multiple fronts without the presence of some proper first teamers? How is this issue still being overlooked?

Complete lunacy - Fellaini isn't worth the £15M Everton paid for him, that's why he'll be at Everton next season.

Let's just get Fabregas and be done with it.

Could he (Bender) possibly be an even better fit than Thiago, for us or is Thiago just on another level, ability/potential wise?

Exactly my point. They're merely squad players. Since when are squad players deemed enough to win trophies on multiple fronts without the presence of some proper first teamers? How is this issue still being overlooked?

We know but we don't want to spend 20 million only a player who will not make a force in Europe, we are league Champions how much better would Felliani make us??. If we are paying that money we want a world beater I don't think we can get any currently... Our rivals are strengthening.

EDIT: just to clarify - i think Thiago is going to Bayern.

We got Kagawa because he only wanted United and to play in England. Thats also why they let him leave, it was his dream. Lewandowski was player of the season

Fellaini did a lot more than score goals, he was a very good target man for Everton. If he does that year on year then yes he's worth that to them - Its just not a position where top clubs are likely going to want to play that way. That just means they wont likely buy him and play him there, he'd still be worth that money to Everton

We know but we don't want to spend 20 million only a player who will not make a force in Europe, we are league Champions how much better would Felliani make us??. If we are paying that money we want a world beater I don't think we can get any currently... Our rivals are strengthening.

I don't get how our rivals get their targets for decent prices and we're being forced out of transfers because of overpricing. The likes of Mata, Cazorla, Dembele all went for relatively cheap prices.

Well Cazorla was because of Malaga's financial situation. And we probably had no interest because we'd just signed a player for similar positions in Kagawa.

The rest I have to agree

What about that Kondogbia guy? Graham Hunter was saying good things about him, is he good enough? Certainly seems to be available.

I don't get how our rivals get their targets for decent prices and we're being forced out of transfers because of overpricing. The likes of Mata, Cazorla, Dembele all went for relatively cheap prices.

I don't know what to say mate I feel the same way. Centre midfield is just not an easy position to get the calibre of player we want/need I assume. Most targets are currently unattainable, Thiago seemed perfect but I doubt anything happens now.

To be honest I don't really care anymore who we sign at this point as long as he has two legs and can walk in a straight line and doesn't get knackered after 60 minutes or injured every other game he plays.

Just a reliable consistent player that works well together with Carrick.

What about that Kondogbia guy? Graham Hunter was saying good things about him, is he good enough? Certainly seems to be available.

He's a good prospect, very physical and fairly skilled on the ball for a player of that type. He likes a dribble now and again too... Maybe the potential for him to be like Yaya Toure

The problem is that he's been linked with Madrid for the longest time. I think he'll sign for them this summer

He's a good prospect, very physical and fairly skilled on the ball for a player of that times. He likes a dribble now and again too... Maybe the potential for him to be like Yaya Toure

Sevilla probably need the cash too. Only problem is Real and Chelsea are supposed to be interested as well.

Nick powell and ross barkley sounds like a decent midfield pairing to slowly mold into something that could definitely work long term

Could he (Bender) possibly be an even better fit than Thiago, for us or is Thiago just on another level, ability/potential wise?

Hard to say, because Bender is a really different player type. He is a Midfield allrounder and his biggest strength is actually that he has no glaring weakness. The best word to describe him would be rock solid (also in terms of consistency).

If I had to compare them right now, there would be not much between them in terms of overall ability. The Spaniard has more potential, though.

However, I do think that Bender would fit better into the squad for one simple reason. Both would build strong pairs with Carrick but in difference to Thiago, I would think that Bender could also replace him if necessary. I have my doubts, if Thiago could manage to guide the CM (yet). The nonexistant cover for Carrick is for me an even bigger issue than the lack of quality beside him. The current dependency on Carrick is a huge risk for United. One longer injury and thinks look grim.

We got Kagawa because he only wanted United and to play in England. Thats also why they let him leave, it was his dream. Lewandowski was player of the season

Reus (back then still at Gladbach) was the player of the season back then. Both Lewandowski and Kagawa had strong runs in the second half of the season (they were still overshadowed by Gündogan in my eyes), but the Polish was only decent and the Japanese was even really poor in the first half. Best player of Dortmund was without a doubt Hummels, who showed the most consistency over the whole season.

The comparision between Felaini and Kagawa is like comparing apples and oranges to begin with. That begins with contract situations alone. The biggest difference was the market, where the transfers took place, though. It is no secret that the English market is pretty inflated. Transfers inbetween the PL often tend to be overpriced to a degree in comparision to transfers from outside Great Britain. It is kinda like an extra fee for experience in the PL.

Preferably one that no other big team is interested in so we might stand a chance of actually signing them.

There's not much too choose from when it comes to proven quality, Gundogan, S.Bender and Vidal are about it.

Fellaini would be a very expensive waste of time and I just don't see what all the fuss is over McCarthy. I haven't seen enough of Kondogbia to really say but he's a big, mobile young player with decent looking technique.

We're supposed to have enquired about Khedira. I don't know what we enquired , or how many enquiries we make without any intention to follow through. Still, we enquired.

Not a bad enquiry to make. Not as inspiring as Thiago but a decent reinforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.