Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have watched him more, marjen, on account of your being Norwegian, but you cannot be a very good judge of talent if you don't rate him. The kid's a future star.

He's energetic, and better on the ball than most Norwegian players gracing the international side the last 10 years.

However, compared to the swarm of good talented midfielders emerging, he's not in the top 5. In Norway it's fairly universally accepted that for instance Magnus Wolff Eikrem, United failure, is a much better player. Henriksen, Nordtveit, Johansen, Konradsen etc are all considered as good or better than him.

And as I said he's not a player who you'd play in a traditional CM role. In a 4-3-3 as a runner or as an AM, yes, but not as a pure CM.

Why did we miss out on Dembele? He would have strolled into our team.

True, but not enough. As one of two signings he'd be great, as our only cm signing we'd be papering over the cracks yet again.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind as well. If we got McCarthy in along with another, more experienced midfielder then we'd have a pretty good set up in midfield I reckon.

Matic and McCarthy are realistic shouts. Witsel was bought for £32.5 million and in all likelyhood they'd want more than that to release him, no chance

Aren't Chelsea all but certs to re-sign Matic? Thought I read that somewhere.

And we've not really been linked with McCarthy.

He
Why did we miss out on Dembele? He would have strolled into our team.

He would have got in ahead of clev most likely but I don't think he's great, we've waited this long may as well spend the cash on someone who we think is top class or will be rather than just going for a small upgrade. That said I'd rather take dembele than no one!

Come the end of the transfer window, we'll be in the same position we are now. There's no-one available who'll walk into our team now.

Probably be Fellaini. Played for Moyes and I would be happy with him but not on his own.....another creative player is needed. United are experts at snaffling from the domestic market. Easy pickings when you are kings in England....less so on the continent as the last 3 years appear to have shown us.

I think it's going to take time for our transfer strength on the continent to become strong. We definitely do need new negotiators though.

He

He would have got in ahead of clev most likely but I don't think he's great, we've waited this long may as well spend the cash on someone who we think is top class or will be rather than just going for a small upgrade. That said I'd rather take dembele than no one!

True, but he was a bargain at 15m. He'd have walked in to our (very weak) cm imo, plus could have been relegated to a very good squad player if we decided to further improve cm.

I'm all for giving youth a chance, but considering our gaping hole in midfield we need to bring in a solid name or two.

Honestly, I'd rather we splash out on one of Juventus' two midfield maestros - Vidal or Marchisio, either one would be a dream signing for me. As to how realistic that is I don't know, but surely we can test their resolve with an audacious bid instead of this KGB-esque behind the scenes transfer scheming we're supposedly so brilliant at conducting.

True, but he was a bargain at 15m. He'd have walked in to our (very weak) cm imo, plus could have been relegated to a very good squad player if we decided to further improve cm.

But is 15m really a bargain? I think if thiago shows anything regardless of what he chooses to do is that there are real bargains out there if you're patient. 15m isn't that much less than spurs paid for modric. I'd say 15m is about right for someone who is a good midfielder but imo no a cl starting midfielder for a team looking to do well, that's not to say he couldn't get in our team atm as we all accept the midfield is lacking but I just think at 15 its a fair bit for someone who's not really gonna be a deciding factor in anything and for a squad player it's quite a lot, if he'd even take that role.

Really hoping we don't sign fellaini either unless its a good price and we bring in a more creative player.

Wonder how much de Rossi would cost? Been a few rumours bout him and he could do nicely for a few seasons and give us more time to see hot ando/clev/ Powell develop.

In light of recent events, a more apt thread title would be 'Which midfielder can Moyes buy?'.

But is 15m really a bargain? I think if thiago shows anything regardless of what he chooses to do is that there are real bargains out there if you're patient. 15m isn't that much less than spurs paid for modric. I'd say 15m is about right for someone who is a good midfielder but imo no a cl starting midfielder for a team looking to do well, that's not to say he couldn't get in our team atm as we all accept the midfield is lacking but I just think at 15 its a fair bit for someone who's not really gonna be a deciding factor in anything and for a squad player it's quite a lot, if he'd even take that role.

Really hoping we don't sign fellaini either unless its a good price and we bring in a more creative player.

It's less than we payed for either Valencia or Young, he's a proven PL player and he plays in a position we desperately need to strengthen. I think it would have been good value for us, especially if you compare it to the 20+ million someone like Fellaini would cost. As for Thiago, how rare is it to get a player of his potential for that price? He should be worth double that, whoever signs him is getting a ridiculous bargain.

Aren't Chelsea all but certs to re-sign Matic? Thought I read that somewhere.

And we've not really been linked with McCarthy.

The only way they could really fit Matic in is if Mikel leaves and he plays the Makelele role they always have someone playing

£30m for Gundogan. (If he's not signed that contract yet.) :lol:

He

He'd have walked into the team and done a great job as he did for Spurs. The only issue is he had injuries last season which held Spurs back

The only way they could really fit Matic in is if Mikel leaves and he plays the Makelele role they always have someone playing

Mikel is supposed to be going to Galatasaray.

£30m for Gundogan. (If he's not signed that contract yet.) :lol:

Gundogan would be perfect, if the impossible happens and we sign him then I'd actually commit to doing some sort of wanking pilgrimage where I'd go to some desolate spot on the planet and wank myself silly from dusk till dawn every night for a week in appreciation to the transfer gods.

And surely Dortmund's climate and glamour isn't all that different to Manchester, right?

if the impossible happens and we sign him then I'd actually commit to doing some sort of wanking pilgrimage where I'd go to some desolate spot on the planet and wank myself silly from dusk till dawn every night for a week in appreciation to the transfer gods.

People were posting similar things in the Thiago thread not too long ago. :(

Wonder how much de Rossi would cost? Been a few rumours bout him and he could do nicely for a few seasons and give us more time to see hot ando/clev/ Powell develop.
They won't let Baines go for less than £15m, you really think we'd get Fellaini for any less than £20m?

He's not worth £10m, imo. Not good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.