Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vidal. The man is a footballing machine. Can be a DM, AM, CM is comfortable sitting back and picking passes or destroying or attacking and has the energy and stamina to be a proper box to box midfielder. I think he is the perfect signing in the sense that not only could he act as cover for Carrick but would also be first choice to play alongside him.

He's been marvelous at Juve and is a proven world class talent at a good age.

Exactly how I feel.

I went with Wilshere primarily because of his age and nationality, but Vidal is the best player on the list IMO.

Considering that Alcantara and Fellaini are valued approximately the same, Moyes would be mad to opt for the latter. Seriously.

Opt for? You do realize that a player needs to be willing to join us as much as us willing to spend on buying said player? In this scenario, Fellaini is said to be open to the idea of joining us (like most players would going from an Everton level club to a Utd Level club). Alcantara on the other hand is a completely different fish. Though we'll find out soon enough.

I think the majority deemed Thiago unreachable. This was all before the release clause was made aware I believe.

Voted Thiago. Would also have put Wilshere or Gundogan, but Thiago seemed like it might actually happen (the rumours had already kicked off.)

I voted Thiago and stand by it. I just thought he was the best and most realistic option.

Peterstorey voted Fellaini!
Would be poetic justice if we got Thiago and Wenger bought Fellaini.
Please somebody, make it happen! :D

If they were all available Wilshere would still be my first choice, but Thiago would be a great signing as well.

Vidal would give us the most immediate improvement out of anyone in that list though, even more than Fabregas IMO.

I voted Fabregas, but only because Thiago and Cescs options were so close together that I misclicked.

I've always wanted Thiago, obviously.

I voted Gundogan and stand by that but I will be VERY happy if we get Thiago.
same here...Gundogan isn't exactly "gettable" so....Thiago's clearly my next choice...or should I say my first choice if we're not talking about FIFA :D

I chose Fabregas and I still think he'd improve our team the most immediately, I'd still be extremely happy with about 75% of that list though.

Yes totally agree. He is proven in a 2 and comfortable in the PL. Great passer, and scores goals too, would be perfect for us. Agree with your general view on the list itself too.

Thiago, Modric, Gundogan, Vidal, Fabregas, Wilshire, Veratti. I think whichever of these we bought would improve us significantly, and that's what i want to see happen at long last.

So, if we miss out on Thiago(which is most likely IMO). Who does Moyes go after? There's very few midfielders available of the quality we need.

If we miss out on Thiago I say we dip into this "money for a big signing" that SAF mentioned, and test Dortmund's resolve on Gundogan or Juve's on Vidal.

If we miss out on Thiago I say we dip into this "money for a big signing" that SAF mentioned, and test Dortmund's resolve on Gundogan or Juve's on Vidal.

If we miss out Thiago i can see us going for Felliani....get your scouse wigs ready!!

Can we get a Bender? How much would United have to pay to bring in a Bender or two?

I don't think we have any intention to sign a central midfielder.

Quite possible - that actually sort of ties into a thing I was frustrated by in the media's questioning of Moyes in the press conference, in that they didn't push him on specific areas in the squad he was looking to bring in players, and whether our targets this summer were his or long-standing club targets (if it's the latter then you could be very right). Fair enough if he didn't want to name names, but they could've at least tried to get some details of the club's transfer plans out of him. They didn't even ask about the futures of Nani or Evra ffs, just went on about Rooney.

Basically my argument is that the Caf should be invited to the manager's press conferences so we can get some fecking questions asked - the professional hacks are useless.

I don't think we have any intention to sign a central midfielder.

I am confident we will sign one. We could make arguments for not signing one the last few years, however this time it is a necessity. Scholes has retired, Fletcher had another operation at the end of June and Giggs has taken up the dual role as a player/coach. That leaves us with Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson with Jones as a back-up. No way the new manager is going into the season with those numbers in the middle.

The question issue is that how much money will we have spend to get the player of our choice, and how it restricts our other transfer activity. I feel we missed out on Paulinho, who would have been an excellent addition at a relatively cheaper cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.