Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, was about to say that, there's plenty of talented midfielders there but none that I think can really reach the heights that an in peak Fabregas can (when he's actually used as a midfielder). It's a no brainer really. And him combined with RvP really would be pure sex.

I liked it better when we disagreed. You're getting creepy now, following me in threads and agreeing with everything I say.

I can't help it, I'm the sort of guy who's attracted to people who argue with me and insult me. I have issues.

In my opinion we need a defensive midfielder who can pass the ball + a creative midfielder. Felliani/Strootman and Fabregas/Alcantara would be great.

In my opinion we need a defensive midfielder who can pass the ball + a creative midfielder. Felliani/Strootman and Fabregas/Alcantara would be great.

Wow! If that's happened I'm in heaven. (feck this is going to be a long summer)

Fabregas would be a great coup for us. He's proven in this league and he has the quality we're looking for.

Failing that I wouldn't mind us trying to get Thiago or Gundogan over Fellaini either.

£50m for Thiago and Fibreglass pls.

Fellaini can feck off.

He's not as bad as many are portraying him to be. He's very strong, excellent on air and would give us options (he can play AM and DM). He would also add mileage to Carrick's career and give the solid back bone necessary for the likes of Alcantara/Kagawa to prosper.

RW------Carrick-----Felliani------LW

-------Kagawa/Alcantara/Fabregas------

------------RVP------------------

would allow us to realistically go toe to toe against the likes of Barca and Bayern.

You think the difference between us and Bayern currently is Fellaini?

Signing Fellaini is not the answer to taking our midfield to the next level. Let's face it, it wouldn't take a particularly great player to improve our midfield, because it's just basically Carrick on his own with Jones running around aimlessly and not actually playing as a midfielder, Giggs veering left or Cleverley/Anderson being knackered after sixty minutes.

Do we want to just improve it though, make it acceptable, or do we actually want to go to the next level and buy a properly top fecking midfielder for once so that it's no longer a big gaping hole of averageness amidst an otherwise great side?

Signing Fellaini is not the answer to taking our midfield to the next level. Let's face it, it wouldn't take a particularly great player to improve our midfield, because it's just basically Carrick on his own with Jones running around aimlessly and not actually playing as a midfielder, Giggs veering left or Cleverley/Anderson being knackered after sixty minutes.

Do we want to just improve it though, make it acceptable, or do we actually want to go to the next level and buy a properly top fecking midfielder for once so that it's no longer a big gaping hole of averageness amidst an otherwise great side?

We need 2 CMs and a striker(should Rooney leave).

Wilshere seems a very popular chap on here, but does his injury record not concern you guys? He just constantly seems to either be out entirely, or playing 50 minutes before pulling up with a tweak, or whatever. We have a number of injury-prone players, or players with fitness issues. His qualities are solid, but there's a huge question mark over how fit he can stay over the course of a season. There's every chance he could get stronger and stay fit as he matures physically, but it's certainly a concern right now.

Wilshere just suffers from Arsenal syndrome. They over play their best players and inevitable problems occur from that. In his debut season he played an absolute shitload of games (aged 18) and was bound to have issues as a result. Fabregas, Clichy, RvP, Nasri had so many injuries and fitness issues there which have decreased tenfold since leaving.

Let's face it though, it ain't happening.

The famous Strootman suddenly doesn't look too attractive among the rest :lol:

Only one for Vidal? People seriously underestimate this guy, he is probably the best engine in the world. Box to box, scores goals, can dribble, tackle etc. A complete midfielder.

Only one for Vidal? People seriously underestimate this guy, he is probably the best engine in the world. Box to box, scores goals, can dribble, tackle etc. A complete midfielder.

But no hint whatsoever that he's available.

EDIT: Although I suppose people are voting for Wilshere etc, so that's bollocks. Withdrawn, apologies m'lord.

Vidal is the best midfielder on that list for me but i think he is also the only one you can categorically say will not be sold.

Wilshere/Gundogan/Veratti would probably be on that list too but i think their clubs could end up being more lenient with the exception of Veratti.

Banega's got 1 vote...can anyone here guess who voted for him? :lol:

No worries Mr Ekeke, I rate Banega as well. Though he's had a crap year injury wise, if im not mistaken?

B20 you knob, voting for Fellaini :lol:

From that list, in terms of trying to balance who I think we could actually get and who I would like to play for us, I went for Modric...

Well I say that, I clicked Strootman by accident... 'cos I'm a fecking idiot, but yeah, Modric.

Banega's got 1 vote...can anyone here guess who voted for him? :lol:

No worries Mr Ekeke, I rate Banega as well. Though he's had a crap year injury wise, if im not mistaken?
I love Banega too. It's a shame he's such a nutter because his talent is unreal. :lol:

I thought he's been very good this season, last season he missed almost the entire season through an ankle break?

For me Thiago is the one player on that list who has an exponential amount of quality and talent that could take him literally anywhere - even the Ballon d'Or in the future.

With Thiago I'd be worried that Barca would sell him, we do our usual thing of making him brilliant, then they decide they want him back for his peak years and he forces his way out. Bleedin' Spaniards.

@Joemo

Yeah, Banega is definitely talented enough to play for a top side. Not sure about his injury record (my memory tells me it's not that great either) but isn't there a big question mark regarding his mentality/discipline as well?

If we can buy only one, I dont see how we can go without someone who can fill in for Carrick.

@Joemo

Yeah, Banega is definitely talented enough to play for a top side. Not sure about his injury record (my memory tells me it's not that great either) but isn't there a big question mark regarding his mentality/discipline as well?

Code:
[B]Season	  From   	   To	            Injury[/B]
11/12	19.02.2012	01.07.2012	Malleolar fracture
11/12	01.11.2011	15.12.2011	Ligament Problems
10/11	11.09.2010	11.10.2010	Malleolar injury

Yeah he's a bit of a nutcase. Turning up drunk to training, getting into arguments and fights with players and coaches etc. In fact, in the most recent match against Granada he kicked somebody who made a bad tackle on him and was very fortunate that no officials spotted it. On his day he's nigh on unstoppable though. He was brilliant in the 5-1 win against Malaga earlier in the season.

If we could buy anyone I would probably go with Vidal, i think i would complement Carrick the best and is the most complete player.

Thiago has loads of potential, however can never be sure how he will adapt.

Though, out of the players that seem realistic (or we have been stronlgy linked with) i would probably go for Fabregas, he is proven and was the best midfielder in the league for a few years

If we could buy anyone I would probably go with Vidal, i think i would complement Carrick the best and is the most complete player.

Thiago has loads of potential, however can never be sure how he will adapt.

So what makes you think Vidal can adapt?

Yeah, I don't get how you can predict Vidal will adapt , but can't predict if Thiago will. Have you seen Vidal play more or something? Even if you have, adapting to the PL depends on the player. Cesc obvisously would adapt the easiest, but anyone else is anyones guess.

@Joemo

Thanks for the update dude. The only serious injury there seems to be the Malleolor (ankle) fracture from Feb - July 2012. Not as bad as I thought though like you mentioned, he does seem to be plagued by some discipline problems.

He's very talented though. He's gone off the radar a bit this season (the muppet radar anyway).

Strootman and one of Fabregas/Alcantara :drool:

This is the answer. I went for Strootman on the poll because he's what we need more than a creative midfielder at present. His transfer will be relatively cheap and he's a rough diamond.

But if we can get one of Fibreglass and Alcantara then it'll be a very good start to Moyes' transfer record.

Oh and as for Wilshere, there's not a chance Arsenal would sell and with his injury record it would be a bit of a gamble anyway.

Wanyama, young and is going to be one of the world's best midfielders. Frightening potential.

Completely agree, based on their ability now I would take Vidal before anyone else.

If we can only have one then Fabregas for me as he's the best on the list, however we need a holding midfielder too.

I would take any of the ones we've been linked to, to be honest. If I had to pick one it would be Fabregas but I think he is also the least likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.