Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Thiago's passing range is probably even better than Matic's, Matic beats him physically though. I'd be extremely happy if we signed Matic but as I've already said, if he's on the market I fully expect him to go to Chelsea.

There is no chance that Matic has a better passing range than Thiago. He can be a better fit because of his physicality (though I doubt it and always thought that Thiago would have been the perfect midfielder for us) but he's not better at passing (or in any technical ability).

Haven't seen much of Thiago's long-range passing in fairness, but he didn't seem to have the variety offered by Matic when I saw him play

We can have
Who is the better Bender?
We can't choose on good things, though we can have both. Imagine having two sets of twins in the first team, fecking incredible.

Lars is a bit better IMO, but Sven is great too. Don't think that there's much between them.

Going by the theory that every player has his price no matter what, how much would it take to prise away Jack Wilshire from Le Arse?

Going by the theory that every player has his price no matter what, how much would it take to prise away Jack Wilshire from Le Arse?

40m and an unknown French player.

Don't think that it's worth it personally. He is made from glass and he hasn't developed a bit since his games against Barca. If we are going to spend that amount of money, Gundogan presents a better choice.

Update:

Legend:
Sold
Unrealistic

Caf Poll:

76 - Fabregas
58 - Thiago Alcantara
34 - Gundogan
24 - Wilshire
13 - Strootman
8 - Modric
8 - Vidal
6 - Fellaini
4 - Wanyama
3 - Veratti
2 - Marchisio
2 - M'Vila
2 - Banega
1 - Sven Bender

Update:

Legend:
Sold
Unrealistic
Confirmed United Bid, Rejected and Laughed At.

Caf Poll:

76 - Fabregas
58 - Thiago Alcantara
34 - Gundogan
24 - Wilshire
13 - Strootman
8 - Modric
8 - Vidal
6 - Fellaini
4 - Wanyama
3 - Veratti
2 - Marchisio
2 - M'Vila
2 - Banega
1 - Sven Bender

Akash you swine you beat me to it! :lol:

I have no idea how we've manouvered ourselves into this position of not having a decent run at one of the very talented young midfielders in the game.

Gundogan was a 'target' before he joined Dortmund for peanuts, we seemingly didn't look at Vidal, we seemingly didn't look at Verratti or consider him worth it, who knows what the feck happened with Thiago, we actually fecking had Pogba within our squad and he's fecking gone.

I don't really see anyone left really, unless we go for a really young playe who isn't ready just now. Actually, that isn't true, I think Ander Herrerra is fecking brilliant, but yea, other than him, we'd be settling big time with whoever we buy I think.

Update:

Legend:
Sold
Unrealistic
Confirmed United Bid, Rejected and Laughed At.

Caf Poll:

76 - Fabregas
58 - Thiago Alcantara
34 - Gundogan
24 - Wilshire
13 - Strootman
8 - Modric
8 - Vidal
6 - Fellaini
4 - Wanyama
3 - Veratti
2 - Marchisio
2 - M'Vila
2 - Banega
1 - Sven Bender

Could have saved some time, and just have us vote for Fellaini.

We're actually never going to sign another central midfielder again are we?...Its now been 6 years since the last one turned up (and he was a shit perma-crock).

Say what you like, but this is a mess completely self inflicted. We're now left in a situation where we're in such desperate need for players in midfield we're scrambling round trying for anyone. Beyond embarrassing now.

We're actually never going to sign another central midfielder again are we?...Its now been 6 years since the last one turned up (and he was a shit perma-crock).

Say what you like, but this is a mess completely self inflicted. We're now left in a situation where we're in such desperate need for players in midfield we're scrambling round trying for anyone. Beyond embarrassing now.

prepare yourself.

I have to agree, it's gone beyond a joke at this stage. And I feel for Moyes, who'll get criticism.

The whole situation is absurd. How we've somehow managed to get ourselves into a position where our midfield is as poor as it is and being unable/unwilling to buy any of the top midfielders that have been moving for the last few years is beyond me at this stage, and seemingly our new manager and Chief in command are resorting to hopeless punts on players we never stood a chance of getting.

The only real embarrassment is the reaction to the situation from people like yourself.

I don't agee with this 'embarrassing' thing people are throwing around, but yeah the CM problem should have been sorted a long time ago. I guess that SAF just loved his wingers, strikers and CB's over central midfielders.

The only real embarrassment is the reaction to the situation from people like yourself.

Good post,
Sorry sam, but I'm starting to think you've got the spoilt fan mentality. Sure, SAF isn't exempt from criticism for his decisions, but the way you're posting makes it sound completely and utterly desperate.

The thing is, it would be bad for any club to be down to just one proven central midfielder, nevermind a club of United's stature. Its a ridiculous situation that everyone can see. Bar those who refuse to take the red tinted specs off.

Good post,
Sorry sam, but I'm starting to think you've got the spoilt fan mentality. Sure, SAF isn't exempt from criticism for his decisions, but the way you're posting makes it sound completely and utterly desperate.

I think there's maybe an element of that. But it's probably mostly just frustration.

I'm not sure how pointing out how bad our transfer dealings in midfield have been (i.e. non existent) in the last six years constitutes as being a spoilt fan (though, to be fair, Sam acts like a spoilt fan in many other ways). It's sort of just stating ... fact.

Can't we just throw £50m Arsenal's way and start working on Wilshere? Solius, you will be taking the David De Gea role, try to do a better job that he did please.

I want my team to have more then one established midfielder. I am indeed ridiculously spoilt for wanting that.

I'm not sure how pointing out how bad our transfer dealings in midfield have been (i.e. non existent) in the last six years constitutes as being a spoilt fan (though, to be fair, Sam acts like a spoilt fan in many other ways). It's sort of just stating ... fact.

I agree, it hardly warrants criticism to point out how weak our midfield is.

We should just put out a poster all over the media/internet.

Wanted

World Class Midfielder
  • Must be young, talented, an eye for goal and a brilliant play maker
  • Willing to play in cold wet nights in Stoke.
  • Likes the colour red
Willing to pay top fees to acquire the services of such an individual.
Please contact david.moyes1@manutd.com for further details.

Status
Not open for further replies.