Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Gundogan will look at the challenge of Bayern and think the Dortmund ship is sinking, and jump off before all the life-rafts are gone.

Would people be fine with us signing Fellaini , if we signed another midfielder out of Strootman or Modric?
I'd eat your hand off for Modric, even if we had to take 10 Bebes with him. A class player.

I'd also be up for taking Strootman too.

Strootman and Modric would be perfect and if we got them two and no one left, I'd be chuffed. Not gonna happen though:(

Running out of options , you just know it's going to be Felliani.

Gundogan has said he is happy there but we've heard that from many players, it doesn't mean they'd not be open to a move. I don't think Marchisio is on Carrick's level, I know he's a regular for Italy and he's decent, but Carrick's level last season was better than anything I've seen from Marchisio. I don't think Anderson and Cleverley are good enough either but they are no worse than Strootman or Fellaini, it would just be swapping like for like, we need to be looking to buy a CM that takes us up a notch, not just buying one for the sake of it.

When I say on Carrick's level i'm talking about being a level below the very best in his role. I doubt Gundogan would come here no matter how much you try and throw at Dortmund was my point really. In Strootman we don't know what he can do in a better team, I agree in regards to Feliani though. While Cleverley and Anderson well.....

I agree but those that would 'take us up a notch' are not available so we should at least improve on what we have. There are a few players better than Cleverley and Anderson.

Strootman or one of moyes men (felliani or barkley)

It's pretty sickening that Pogba would be a cracking fit. If Fergie has left, Moyes has money to spend and he's being linked with the likes of Arsenal, is there any way going for him isn't completely and utterly impossible?

We want the finest midfielders available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now. Failing that, Fellaini.

Perhaps Gundogan will look at the challenge of Bayern and think the Dortmund ship is sinking, and jump off before all the life-rafts are gone.

This will be the only signing that would eliminate all my pain about losing on Thiago, though I don't think that there is a chance he'll be available this season.

Luiz Gustavo could be a decent shot. He's surplus to requirements in Bayern now. A decent fee and probably we can take him.

whats the rumour / twitter mill saying aside from Feliani?

As an aside, I wonder if we'd all be so anti Felliani if SAF was in charge and signed him this summer ? He's not a bad player, perhaps not world class, but with better players around him, maybe he still has a notch or two to develop?

If some reports are to be believed, Moyes wasn't too confident that Thiago could adapt to Premier League so it may be likely Moyes will look to buy a midfielder with Premier League experience.

whats the rumour / twitter mill saying aside from Feliani?

As an aside, I wonder if we'd all be so anti Felliani if SAF was in charge and signed him this summer ? He's not a bad player, perhaps not world class, but with better players around him, maybe he still has a notch or two to develop?

We need a creative player with good ball control. Felliani is only creative with his elbow

It could have been something to do with Thiago's playing style and Moyes intended formation.

Thiago would have worked perfectly in a midfield 3 but was probably too attacking for a 2. If Moyes thought he was unsuited to the team, it could signal the kind of setup he wants to play with next season (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, presumably).

In the last few years, Caftards have pretty much been split between wanting a forward thinking creative midfielder (Fabregas, Thiago, Sneijder) and a box-to-box one who isn't afraid to get stuck in (De Rossi, M'Villa, Vidal). Seeing as we had second thoughts about Thiago, it looks like the latter group are more likely to get their wish.

yeah let's build a team around a Bayern reject :lol:

Who is a Brazil international and is better than all our midfielders except Carrick. And who said to build a team, I said to sign a good player who can improve us.

But yeah let's make smilies cause I am very funny and ridicule others for giving their opinions... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I were big Dave I'd try setting up with Kagawa as the most advanced of a midfield three: Carrick, Cleverley and Kagawa, say. Then play RVP up front, flanked by...take a pick. Or, for that matter, Chicharito flanked by RVP and Rooney. Point being that Kagawa could still use all his best attributes in a slightly deeper role (deeper than many seem to want for him, I mean). If he shines in such a role we could get in an unglamorous cover for Carrick and have decent enough options in the middle. Let's say we buy someone like McCarthy as well - who would at this point provide real competition for Cleverley (and Ando) - and it doesn't look too bad. Carrick in the deep role, McCarthy and Kagawa. Could work. And now we are talking about highly realistic targets.

He is comfortable either as a link man or on the flanks + he hardly set OT alight last season.

Maybe he didn't 'set OT alight' because that's where he was played out of position, not because that's where he's comfortable.

Jurgen Klopp said:
“Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United – on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes,” Klopp said. “Central midfield is Shinji’s best role. He’s an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw."

When I say on Carrick's level i'm talking about being a level below the very best in his role. I doubt Gundogan would come here no matter how much you try and throw at Dortmund was my point really. In Strootman we don't know what he can do in a better team, I agree in regards to Feliani though. While Cleverley and Anderson well.....

I agree but those that would 'take us up a notch' are not available so we should at least improve on what we have. There are a few players better than Cleverley and Anderson.

The type of players being mentioned like Wantama, Strootman and Fellaini are not that much better that it would be worth the price just to add another body.

James McCarthy. And I'll be made up if we do sign him. feck the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.