8 - Vidal
6 - Fellaini
4 - Wanyama
3 - Veratti
2 - Marchisio
2 - M'Vila
2 - Banega
1 - Sven Bender

If we are being serious you might as well scratch out Fabregas, Gundogan, Wilshere, vidal, M'Vila

Sven Bender has one vote, I wouldn't mind him nor his brother. It would be great if we could get both of the twins:drool:

Lars is the better player. He has a lot more to his game that Sven who is a defensive midfielder.

The thing is, we don't just need one midfielder, we need two.

We have one proper midfielder atm who we can rely on...ONE.

If we are being serious you might as well scratch out Fabregas, Gundogan, Wilshere, vidal, M'Vila
In that case add Marchisio, Bender and Verratti. In fact just scratch everyone out except Fellaini and Strootman.

Legend:
Sold
Unrealistic

Caf Poll:

76 - Fabregas
58 - Thiago Alcantara
34 - Gundogan
24 - Wilshire
13 - Strootman
8 - Modric
8 - Vidal
6 - Fellaini
4 - Wanyama
3 - Veratti
2 - Marchisio
2 - M'Vila
2 - Banega
1 - Sven Bender

In that case add Marchisio, Bender and Verratti. In fact just scratch everyone out except Fellaini and Strootman.

There have been rumours with Marchisio and Verrati, not that unrealistic.

Why is Gundogan unrealistic? Moyes is flapping his gums about having no restrictive budget, Woodward claims we'd spend £75M on a player, surely a big enough offer can be made to change Dortmunds mind.

Why is Gundogan unrealistic? Moyes is flapping his gums about having no restrictive budget, Woodward claims we'd spend £75M on a player, surely a big enough offer can be made to change Dortmunds mind.

Their stance with Lewandowski shows money is not so important to them, Gundogan has years to go on his contract and wants tom stay. Only Marchisio, Felliani and Strootman are realistic.

How about De Rossi? I know he's brought up every year, but Roma seem to want to sell this time around. Whether he'll leave is another thing.

Would people be fine with us signing Fellaini , if we signed another midfielder out of Strootman or Modric?

Would people be fine with us signing Fellaini , if we signed another midfielder out of Strootman or Modric?
Fellaini and Strootman are in my opinion similar type of players because they are going to defensive mids for us. We NEED, we ABSOLUTELY NEED a playmaker.

Their stance with Lewandowski shows money is not so important to them, Gundogan has years to go on his contract and wants tom stay. Only Marchisio, Felliani and Strootman are realistic.

Their stance over Lewandowski was motivated by not wanting to sell to their biggest national rival. If an offer had came in for Lewandowski from United, Chelsea etc... and he had wanted to go then they'd have sold him. I don't believe they'd turn down £40M for Gundogan if we made a concrete offer. If the 2 (Marchisio is Juve born and bred, it's just because he's not great that he's "realistic") you are talking about are the best we can get then we are in trouble, might as well just hope Cleverley progresses and Anderson can stay fit as spunk money on Fellaini or Strootman.

Fellaini and Strootman are in my opinion similar type of players because they are going to defensive mids for us. We NEED, we ABSOLUTELY NEED a playmaker.

Strootman actually played a more advanced role last season, from what I've read. Fellaini next to Carrick however would allow Kagawa to take up his natural position as a playmaker.

If we brought in modric I don't care who else we got. Would be amazing for us. No chance though. Really don't want Fellaini but I'd settle if we brought in a midfielder of modric's class.

Strootman actually played a more advanced role last season, from what I've read. Fellaini next to Carrick however would allow Kagawa to take up his natural position as a playmaker.
No that will still depend on where Rooney is played. Kagawa is competing with Rooney and not with anyone else.

Their stance over Lewandowski was motivated by not wanting to sell to their biggest national rival. If an offer had came in for Lewandowski from United, Chelsea etc... and he had wanted to go then they'd have sold him. I don't believe they'd turn down £40M for Gundogan if we made a concrete offer. If the 2 (Marchisio is Juve born and bred, it's just because he's not great that he's "realistic") you are talking about are the best we can get then we are in trouble, might as well just hope Cleverley progresses and Anderson can stay fit as spunk money on Fellaini or Strootman.

They also don't want to be a team that others just take their players , but I agree after the Gotze situation they had their backs up against Bayern. Gundogan is happy there and I doubt we offer 40 million for him anyway. Marchiso is a good player not world class but a good player he's at Carrick's level. Anderson and Cleverley I doubt will ever be good enough, some new blood in there would be good to see. Moyes has highlighted cm so we will sign somebody. The very best players are not available at the moment all are settled.

Genuinely beginning to feel that it's as likely I'll train my arse off non stop and develop into a decent midfielder and subsequently agreeing to play for nothing at United rather than the club actually signing a midfielder.

They also don't want to be a team that others just take their players , but I agree after the Gotze situation they had their backs up against Bayern. Gundogan is happy there and I doubt we offer 40 million for him anyway. Marchiso is a good player not world class but a good player he's at Carrick's level. Anderson and Cleverley I doubt will ever be good enough, some new blood in there would be good to see. Moyes has highlighted cm so we will sign somebody. The very best players are not available at the moment all are settled.

I'd take any player that is just a good player "at Carricks level".

After losing Gotze and Lewandowski, I can't see them even considering any offer for Gundogan. Would be my first choice, but it won't happen.

I'd take any player that is just a good player "at Carricks level".

I think Marchiso would be a good addition personally not the very best but not many better out there.

No that will still depend on where Rooney is played. Kagawa is competing with Rooney and not with anyone else.

I'd be happy with:

--------- Van Persie -----------
--- Rooney-------------XXXX--
-----------Kagawa-------------
-----Carrick----Fellaini----------

Where as any of Welbeck, Nani, Zaha, Young, Valencia would fit in the XXXX spot.

Rooney and Kagawa could switch off taking up the left side while the other one went forward centrally.

Gundogan has said he is happy there but we've heard that from many players, it doesn't mean they'd not be open to a move. I don't think Marchisio is on Carrick's level, I know he's a regular for Italy and he's decent, but Carrick's level last season was better than anything I've seen from Marchisio. I don't think Anderson and Cleverley are good enough either but they are no worse than Strootman or Fellaini, it would just be swapping like for like, we need to be looking to buy a CM that takes us up a notch, not just buying one for the sake of it.

He has already said he's staying. Its unrealistic because we're unlikely to make a liar of him

We need a new 'marquee' target, just to drive out those negative thoughts on Manchester United forum.

And you believe that nonsense?

Luiz Gustavo? Not great, but surely surplus to requirements at Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.