Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

Which midfielder should Moyes buy ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil have a pretty poor midfield tbf. ...

Tell that to Spain's much-vaunted midfield, who were pretty much neutered in a recent match I can recall.

I'd quit while you're behind if I were you... no need to embarrass yourself further.
Embarrass? You're an Arsenal fan laughing at someone elses squad.

And i'm way behind? What, because i think McCarthy who plays for Wigan isn't the solution to our midfield problems and that he's overrated? Or that the fact that he was relegated like Roy Keane doesn't make him Roy Keane? Ok. Your opinion.

Scott Parker's done a decent job of being a holding midfielder, he gets no credit though because he's unassuming and slow as feck.

Arteta is a 2x international reject who was a final day panic buy from Wenger, and his game screams of average. You can't argue that he's 'probably' better than Arteta.

Presume you're wumming?
No, i just happen to have an opinion which is my own, rather than everyone elses.

Arteta and Parker are in the same bracket. Both are average premier league players, nothing special about then, yet someone decided to laugh at Parker as if he was shit. I merely pointed out that Spurs probably have a midfielder who (imo) is better than one in his team.

... they don't have tragedies like Parker, Livermore and Hundredstone mind you

So now you're reduced to talking about some of our backup/cover CMs, two of which are likely to be sold.

And here was I thinking the topic was MUFC's first choice CMs ... and lately how Paulinho is crap in comparison. :lol:

Your pursuit of supposedly 'marquee' signings like Alcantara end in failure. Meanwhile, 'unregarded' players like Paulinho - he didn't ever play for Barca after all - go elsewhere.

That's your CM recruitment problem in a nutshell.

He, yeah. Would've ended in failure for most, by the looks of it. Our recruitment problem over the last, oh, decade or so has...well, it hasn't actually been a problem: It has been Fergie's methods. He didn't emphasize CM in the way most modern managers do. If he had pursued central midfielders like he did wingers and strikers I can assure you we would've had more than Carrick to brag about.

What Moyes intends to do remains to be seen. I don't think the Thiago affair is an indication of anything. He's one of the hottest prospects around, with a release clause which makes him a natural target. Apparently we went for him, as you would, but he preferred to play for his old boss. Doesn't say anything significant about our recruitment policy unless it should transpire that Moyes is presently sitting in a corner crying because all his hopes for next season hinged on Thiago. And I kind of doubt he does.

So now you're reduced to talking about some of our backup/cover CMs, two of which are likely to be sold.

And here was I thinking the topic was MUFC's first choice CMs ... and lately how Pauliinho is crap in comparison. :lol:
They were first choice not so long ago that's the :lol:... and the fact that you've got two piss-poor replacements in Sandro and Paulinho, neither of whom can pass the ball as well as fatboy.

They were first choice not so long ago that's the :lol:... and the fact that you've got two piss-poor replacements in Sandro and Paulinho, neither of whom can pass the ball as well as fatboy.

Your assessment of Sandro and Paulinho as 'piss poor' - two players who may well be Brazil's CM pairing come the World Cup - speaks volumes.

As you said to another poster a few moments ago: you'd best stop now before you embarrass yourself further.

Your assessment of Sandro and Paulinho as 'piss poor' - two players who may well be Brazil's CM pairing come the World Cup - speaks volumes.

As you said to another poster a few moments ago: you'd best stop now before you embarrass yourself further.
Pretty sure this is the guy who said Nick Powell was one of our youth teamers and that Thiago is an attacking midfielder in a different thread. Someone who knows his football right there.

I'm not sure that being part of the weakest cm Brazil have had in years says a lot for Paulinho, particularly as the system they play employs their CMS in a very limited way. I haven't seen enough of him to say he's piss poor but he's certainly limited.

Brazil's midfield has been pretty poor for well over a decade now in fairness. Klébérson, Edmilson, Emerson, Gilberto Silva, Felipe Melo and Ramires...it's not exactly a star-studded lineup is it. I don't agree with Pete and think Paulinho looks good but he does have a hint of Klébérson about him in fairness.

Big Phils midfields are only really support acts to the strikers and fullbacks, they run around a bit and make things difficult for the opposition, they don't do much attacking themselves

'Brazilian' doesn't sprinkle the oofle dust as it used to do - it's more commonly used to describe the state of cnuts these days.

Yes, and despite us not signing centre midfielders, and Spurs signing them all, and them all being great, we win titles while you finish outside the top 4.

Once again, I can understand your wish to change the focus of this thread. Or is the topic of your CM signings off limits?

'Brazilian' doesn't sprinkle the oofle dust as it used to do - it's more commonly used to describe the state of cnuts these days.

As I've already said, tell that to Spain's much-vaunted CM ... who pretty much got destroyed in a recent match.

Ok i'll come back when Arteta goes from destroying teams and running Arsenal's midfield to being average.

I'm sorry but how you can diss Arteta is beyond me. He was arguably the best central midfielder in England last season along with Carrick. Just check out his statistics, they are unbelievably consistent.

Two points:

- Paulinho looked great on the Confederation Cup, player of the tournament IMO, how good he will be in England it's hard to know though.
- Saying that Arteta is average and he's not better than Scott cannot make a pass Parker is very strange.

Moyes will sign...

As I've already said, tell that to Spain's much-vaunted CM ... who pretty much got destroyed in a recent match.
No, it's certainly not off limits, I'm just not sure a Spurs fan has much scope to criticise the transfer dealings of Manchester United.

But I know you're just being a troll anyway, so I'll let you fire on.

A Spurs fan mocking Utd's transfer policy is laughable.

I've commented on Utd's CM transfer policy, not your transfer policy in general. Is the distinction beyond you?

Two points:

- Paulinho looked great on the Confederation Cup, player of the tournament IMO, how good he will be in England it's hard to know though.
- Saying that Arteta is average and he's not better than Scott cannot make a pass Parker is very strange.

Moyes will sign...

Paulinho - good player indeed but is he not with Spurs now..

I feel we need 3 new midfielders... Wanyama, Strootman and Fabregas since top target Tiago is all but certain to head on to Bayern.

Paulinho - good player indeed but is he not with Spurs now..

I feel we need 3 new midfielders... Wanyama, Strootman and Fabregas since top target Tiago is all but certain to head on to Bayern.

I was replying on Vasey and pete who were talking bad words about them.

3 midfielders is overkill, considering that we have Carrick and Cleverley (Ando too but he can be transferred on that case). Fabregas is out of reach, haven't seen that much of Strootman and fellow caftards seems to don't rate him that much, while also according to a lot of media he has agreed terms with Roma, while I think that Wanyama is limited (although I haven't seen him that much). I hope that we go for one of Juventus guys (Vidal and Marchisio) though chances are low that they'll sell either of them. Leverkusen's Bender could be a very good signing, he looked great to me and posters who watch regularly Bundesliga rates him very highly. I don't think that he'll cost more than 20m and he is probably the best available option after the ThiaGONE. Kongodbia seems to be rated very highly from posters who watch La Liga regularly. The other two options (and more likely than others) are McCarthy and Fellaini. I don't rate McCarthy that higher (possibly cause I haven't seen him playing that much) but there are a lot of people here who go nuts for him, while Fellaini although an uninspiring and boring signing could do a job here (a testament of how bad our midfield is). The last option is Cabaye, which again, I don't rate that much though I acknowledge that he's a decent midfielder but not for us. So, I'll hope that we get one or two from them. There could be other players, like Khedira or Gustavo whom with the new signings of their teams, they'll feel that they don't have a future there.

My wish list would be:

Tier 1: Bender, Vidal, Marchisio
Tier 2: Kongodbia, Khedira, Gustavo, Strootman, McCarthy, Fellaini, Cabaye

I think that from the first tier Vidal and Marchisio are almost impossible to sign, while our scouts seems that don't even know who is Bender. Anyway, never understood why we didn't try to get Moutinho who would have been a perfect signing for us and now with Thiago seems to chose Munich, I feel that it is possible that we will go again without improving a midfield, which could easily be a disaster waiting to happen, especially if Carrick has an injury or a drastic drop of form.

Fabregas signing for Man Utd is about 1000% less likely than Messi turning up. If he comes back to the PL he'll come back to Arsenal - that won't happen anytime soon (sob).

We should throw the bank at Vidal now, really. Perfect signing. Thiago would be brilliant because of the sheer potential, but if that's out of the equation then Vidal's the one we should be looking at.

Let's be realistic, I will be going for Fellani, I bet he would love to join us to play under Moyes

De Gae
Rafael Rio Vidic Baines
Carrick Fellani
Zaha Kagawa Nani
RVP

Glaston is right. It seems that we either go for the very best (which we rarely get) or stick to what weve got (which is hardly of very good quality). Clubs like juventus and bayern has players like vidal and martinez cause they took a risk. Ffs we lost pogba because the gaffer opted of bringing scholes out of retirement rather then play him. We need to acknowledge our limitations and adjust to them. Theres a big gap in terms of quality between fabregas/iniesta and ando/cleverley

Glaston is right. It seems that we either go for the very best (which we rarely get) or stick to what weve got (which is hardly of very good quality). Clubs like juventus and bayern has players like vidal and martinez cause they took a risk. Ffs we lost pogba because the gaffer opted of bringing scholes out of retirement rather then play him.

Vidal cost Juventus around €12m iirc, he already was one of the three best CMs in Bundesliga at that time (scoring 10 goals, assisting 11), though some pens among that iirc. Absolute bargain and little to no risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.