Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

Went to the Tool gig in Birmingham on Thursday. Just utterly unbelievable. Completely lived up to expectations (and they were HIGH) and then some. The whole thing was just perfect. It's a seated gig, but everyone ends up standing anyway. Wife pulled a blinder and got us brilliant seats/places, so we got a superb view of the band and hit the sweet spot in terms of getting great sound, too. The music is something else. Danny Carey on the drums is just a monster. I'm convinced he's sold his soul for his drumming skills. He's just something else. The visuals and light show were both brilliant, too.

Only criticism I have is that it had to end. It's one of those gigs where I could have easily watched them play again straight afterwards. Pneuma live is earth-shatteringly good. In fact, I have to say that all the tracks off Fear Innoculum just hit so much harder live. They're great anyway, but even better live. Descending was brilliant, but Invincible is another level on top of that, imo.

Rosetta Stoned. Hnngnggg. And Jambi as the opener. Holy shit.

11/10 gig. I think that's the best gig I've been to. Wife had a brilliant time, too. Her only downside is that she was desperate for them to play Schism or Forty Six & 2, but ultimately you can't have it all. They could quite easily play another completely different setlist and it would be equally as great. Such a great band.

Will 100% be going to see them again.

This is a month late, but I was at the board game thing at the NEC and didn't know they were playing the same night we arrived. I was looking round near that lake and thought 'feck me there's a lot of Tool fans at this board game convention' :lol:.

I'd have happily gone to both, but I saw them a few years ago and didn't fancy paying the money. It was a close call though, Tool are probably the only band I'd go to see in an arena. The set sounded brilliant and everyone I know who went to any of the shows said they were awesome every time.

I've got OFF! coming up in a couple weeks. It's Keith Morris's latest band, he of Black Flag and Circle Jerks fame. This is supposedly their farewell run of shows and this will be the last of the last. His diabetes is in bad shape so he's hanging up his spurs. If you haven't heard the OFF! records, they have a lot of the same energy as early Flag, better musicianship, but the same snarl.

Fun fact: a lot of fun cameos in this, including Rob Zabrecky (Possum Dixon), David Yow (The Jesus Lizard), DH Peligro (The Dead Kennedys), Chris D (Flesheaters), Davey Havoc (AFI).

Last edited:
They are supporting kings of Leon on the show I’m going to on Saturday
They're my favourite band. If you watch their live performances of Under Pressure and learn a few of their songs (strangest thing, pain, harmonias dream, I don't live here anymore, eyes to the wind, red eyes) you'll enjoy it (if you get there early enough to watch them). Im seeing them at The Royal Albert Hall.

Kings of Leon tomorrow. Never seen them live before I'm buzzing! Also my first gig in like 2 years :lol:

Going to Luis Miguel in the Bernebau tomorrow. First time in the stadium. He's huge in Spain and South America and is Mariah Carey's ex. I'd highly recommend his show on Netflix, it's very good.

Kings of Leon tomorrow. Never seen them live before I'm buzzing! Also my first gig in like 2 years :lol:
itll be my 3rd time seeing them. both previous times indoor so hoping weather is not as bad as it potentially looks for tomorrow

have you been to a gig in Marlay before?

itll be my 3rd time seeing them. both previous times indoor so hoping weather is not as bad as it potentially looks for tomorrow

have you been to a gig in Marlay before?
Saw guns n roses there 2 years ago. Weather was good Axl unfortunately wasn't :lol:

Yeah serious potential to be a drowned rat by the time kings of Leon hit the stage!

Saw guns n roses there 2 years ago. Weather was good Axl unfortunately wasn't :lol:

Yeah serious potential to be a drowned rat by the time kings of Leon hit the stage!
yeah was at GnR as well. I loved it but yeah Axl hasnt much volume these days it is fair to say

Im going tonight! I've been desperate to see them live ever since watching their Glasto set on iplayer last year. Literally obsessed with them now. Can't wait.
Enjoy it! We had tickets a few years back, but couldn’t go because of Covid. Ended up giving the tickets away and was gutted to have missed out.

Last night was brilliant, awesome set and the crowd was so up for it. Didn’t think much of the support act, but Drugs were on fine form.

I've got OFF! coming up in a couple weeks. It's Keith Morris's latest band, he of Black Flag and Circle Jerks fame. This is supposedly their farewell run of shows and this will be the last of the last. His diabetes is in bad shape so he's hanging up his spurs. If you haven't heard the OFF! records, they have a lot of the same energy as early Flag, better musicianship, but the same snarl.

Fun fact: a lot of fun cameos in this, including Rob Zabrecky (Possum Dixon), David Yow (The Jesus Lizard), DH Peligro (The Dead Kennedys), Chris D (Flesheaters), Davey Havoc (AFI).

Just saw this post. Saw OFF! couple of times, always good, although I didn't like the last record as much.

Had a pretty good run of gigs recently.

Helmet
Graspop: Graveyard, Biohazard, Turnstile, Fu Manchu, Kadavar
Sjock festival: Bad Religion, New Bomb Turks, Lambrini Girls

Have tickets for Fontaines DC, Massive Attack, Quicksand and Hot Water Music. Trying to get a ticket through Ticketswap for Amyl and the Sniffers.

Debating if I should get a ticket for blink 182 for the end of August. Anyone seen them live?

Debating if I should get a ticket for blink 182 for the end of August. Anyone seen them live?

I've not seen them but know a fair few who have. Very mixed reviews. Some said they were brilliant, others absolute shite.

Depends how much you like them. I loved them as a 14-16 year old, finally got to see them a year ago at the O2. Was a great gig, loved every minute of it. Its a huge nostalgia hit, you don't go for what they are now, you for what they gave you 20 years ago.

I'm not a fan of them all in all, but I thought they put on a really good show at the O2 this tour. Travis drumming, and the other two mocking each other most of the night made it even more entertaining.

I enjoyed it, my Mrs whos era that was really loved it.

Just tried to buy tickets to see Chappell Roan in September in London for my teenage daughter's birthday, but they're all sold out and on resale sites for 400 quid a pop. I can't believe it, I hadn't heard of her before last week!

Use TicketSwap? There’s one on there now for £43. Even if you can’t get as many as you need, sell them back.

Good luck!

Use TicketSwap? There’s one on there now for £43. Even if you can’t get as many as you need, sell them back.

Good luck!
Thank you so much - I just bought it, I’d never heard of ticket swap before. Now fingers crossed another pops up!

Thanks again for the heads up.

Thank you so much - I just bought it, I’d never heard of ticket swap before. Now fingers crossed another pops up!

Thanks again for the heads up.

No worries man. I’ve used them loads. Both for sales and purchases. Easily 50 purchases and 20 sales. I got ‘scammed’ once but their team sorted it out.

I’m certain there are dickheads and fraudsters on there. But their team is great. And also… prices are never so high that you can’t just write it off. (Appreciating how silly that is to say).

Twickets is another app that’s great.

The modern wave of apps that limit how much you can add onto face value is definitely the way forward. Both those apps cap at 10% above face value I think (which covers service charges you may have paid).

Set up alerts if you need tickets. And be FAST. High demand tickets go fast.

And also… if you have a ticket you bought for £50 that’s going for £150 on the cnuty resellers… use the small apps if you can afford it. If we don’t, they die. Yes you ‘lose’ money. But so does everyone that uses it, and that enables you to save money when you need something.