Music What concerts/gigs are you going to?

Above and Beyond - SWG3 27th July
Coloursfest - Breahead Arena 3rd August
Hannah Laing - SWG3 17th August
Old Skool all dayer - Classic Grand 31st August
Scooter - Hydro 31st October
Trancefest - SWG3 16th November
Pete Tong and the Heritage Orchestra Ibiza Classics - Hydro 5th December

Going to see the Pixies tonight at my favourite venue in Madrid, it's my girlfriend's favourite band so I'm super excited for her (especially as we weren't sure she'd be able to make it to Spain on time for it).

Saw Vulfpeck last week at the same venue, really fun band to watch live.

Saw Ween for the first time last night and they didn't disappoint.

Friday we've got Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and John Mellencamp.

Considering getting myself to a Jesus & Mary Chain gig later this year.

Never appreciated them when they were current but I love their stuff now.

Last weekend was the local festival here, Way out West. This year was kind of a year where most things were good, few things really stood out as exceptional. I managed to see about 20 acts, the few that stood out were

PJ Harvey - she's just feckin' great. It's class all the way through, but when she does Down By the Water and To Bring You My Love as the two last songs it takes it to the next level and it's 10 minutes goosebumps. The worst thing about this was what could have been - The Smile was supposed to play in the time slot before PJ which would mean we probably would have gotten This Mess We're In if they didn't cancel. Oh, what could have been.

Slowdive - one of my favorite bands, and they always deliver. Unfortunately they only got a 60 minute time slot which means that we missed a lot of songs that could have been played, but it was pretty magical. Same thing here, Alison and When the Sun Hits just takes it up a notch towards the end. Looking forward to the next time they play relatively nearby, I'll be there.

Funeral Folk - I guess it techincally it is Sara Parkman / Maria W Horn plays Funeral Folk or something like that. this was the biggest surprise of the weekend. Basically never heard a song before, it was after the regular festival closed with The National in a nearby church, and they basically floored me. The dark, doom or almost black metalish sound sounded incredible at the venue. Would see again at a similar venue over and over.

Other acts that I liked were Jessie Ware, James Blake, Blondshell, Hurray for the riff raff, Fabaiana Palladino and Big Thief. Nothing I watched in full was bad this year, but I saw a bit of Peggy Gou and I just don't get the reason for seeing that kind of music live. Very weird indeed.

Had the misfortune of going to Noah Kahan yesterday in Belfast. Not my cup of tea, never really listened to him, but there was a spare ticket and I really had no choice in the matter.
The music was fine, he seems like a funny guy, I probably won't ever listen to him again though. Bar options were shite, pints were either cider or Tennants, who the feck drinks Tennants?

Music aside, which I don't think lends itself to such a big open venue like Boucher Road. It was one of the worst crowds I've ever seen at a concert, loud mouthed gowls drinking and being dicks and ruining the music for people who wanted to actually listen to it. And if they weren't spending all their time filming the concert on their phones, they were snap chatting videos of themselves singing along to songs, (sometimes doing multiple takes until it was good enough to send) or in general just not being able to do anything that didn't revolve around having their phones out and up in the air.

I'll genuinley never understand how anyone can enjoy a concert with their phone constantly in their hand recording it or themselves for 2 hours.

I was just at Electric Picnic for the first time. Found it a bit overwhelming. I even gave up my tickets for today. Rip off as well. Calvin Harris and Aslan were decent from what I saw. As soon as my wife hears a couple of songs she wants to go somewhere else so most of the time is spent talking around stages.

I went to an Imagine Dragons concert a few weeks ago and it was amazing. The bonus was Myles Smith opened for him. He's so talented as well.

Willie Nelson and Mellencamp were superb last week. Bob Dylan was expectedly shit.

KFlay tomorrow night.

KFlay did a great set last night. I don't expect many people on here have heard of her.

Next up is Pearl Jam in Montana Thursday