Westminster Politics

Feck me another imbecile.

I think people are seriously underestimating the bizarre appeal that Boris Johnson has to the British public and can fully believe that loads of his constituents want him back.

I hope they they don’t go for Sunak. Get Boris back in and drive the conservative party into the ground.
Let others rule for the next decade.

I think people are seriously underestimating the bizarre appeal that Boris Johnson has to the British public and can fully believe that loads of his constituents want him back.
He's funny and down to earth! A bit of a clown at times but that's alright cause he's delivered Brexit and the economy was doing great before Covid. Yeah he had a couple drinks during lockdown but who didn't? That Starmer bloke (I don't trust him) did the same thing anyway so they were all at it. At least with Boris you know what you're getting.

He wasn’t forced to quit last time because he became too popular with the public

I think the opposite. I think a lot of the public, including tories, hold him in discontent. However within a tory echo chamber they seemingly have short memories and in contrast to Liz think Boris was now better than he was.

I think it's an act of desperation and one final roll of the dice to try and save their jobs. But with his case upcoming in just a few weeks, all this will do is carry on the corruption, sleaze and scandal longer.

From an opposition pov Boris would be the best candidate and I hope he becomes PM again and brings more chaos.

From a tory perspective they really need Rishi or Penny but even with either they still lose the next election. Guess those in seats likely to swing are rolling the dice and taking the risk on Boris to try and save their jobs.

Unfortunately this will add further devastation to the economy. I'm sure Eastenders and Corrie bosses are worrying right now. If Boris gets elected then they can wave goodbye to their bafta this year. No chance either of them will win best soap opera if the year.

He wasn’t forced to quit last time because he became too popular with the public

I swear people are suffering from amnesia :lol: Boris coming back guarantees a GE within the next 3 months - he will not command a majority.

I think when he was ousted Labour were only 5 points ahead in the polls. He still remained popular among many, especially in the red wall.

Ffb1ymlXEAEXrZ5

I think when he was ousted Labour were only 5 points ahead in the polls. He still remained popular among many, especially in the red wall.
No. He wasn’t. He had a net approval of -51 in the last yougov poll - only 5 lower than Truss now. They lost several by-elections with a swing of -17. He also wasn’t popular in the red wall at all - that’s why MPs in those constituencies were key instigators in his removal. You’ve all been gaslit.

No. He wasn’t. He had a net approval of -51 in the last yougov poll - only 5 lower than Truss now. They lost several by-elections with a swing of -17. He also wasn’t popular in the red wall at all - that’s why MPs in those constituencies were key instigators in his removal. You’ve all been gaslit.

In that case I hope so.

But what was the swing? If I remember he was in free fall, something like a twenty point swing in 2 months in wanting him gone.
Even being 5 points behind from where they were is staggering.

He's funny and down to earth! A bit of a clown at times but that's alright cause he's delivered Brexit and the economy was doing great before Covid. Yeah he had a couple drinks during lockdown but who didn't? That Starmer bloke (I don't trust him) did the same thing anyway so they were all at it. At least with Boris you know what you're getting.
Exactly, the loveable rogue, plus Rishi's brown and Penny is a bit dour.

I think the opposite. I think a lot of the public, including tories, hold him in discontent. However within a tory echo chamber they seemingly have short memories and in contrast to Liz think Boris was now better than he was.

I think it's an act of desperation and one final roll of the dice to try and save their jobs. But with his case upcoming in just a few weeks, all this will do is carry on the corruption, sleaze and scandal longer.

From an opposition pov Boris would be the best candidate and I hope he becomes PM again and brings more chaos.

From a tory perspective they really need Rishi or Penny but even with either they still lose the next election. Guess those in seats likely to swing are rolling the dice and taking the risk on Boris to try and save their jobs.

Unfortunately this will add further devastation to the economy. I'm sure Eastenders and Corrie bosses are worrying right now. If Boris gets elected then they can wave goodbye to their bafta this year. No chance either of them will win best soap opera if the year.
Look at that Jonathan Gullis prick's tweet. That's exactly what I mean, even those who wanted him out will now think it wasn't that bad under him, after the last few weeks, and will be hoping that with support from the Sun, Mail, Telegraph etc...maybe they won't lose their jobs at the next GE after all. All his feck ups and lies will be swept under the carpet and his Churchillian recovery complete.

Feck me another imbecile.

To be fair, the 2019 red wall MPs have to back Boris. There’s no other candidate that could save them their seat come an election.

They'd love to be 5 points behind now though!

Some doubt cast on the credibility of Guido's list?

Has tended to be very accurate in previous elections

At the start he listed anonymous people as A whip for example... there was a point where with one more whip under the Boris line then every government whip would be there which destroys any anonymity and I think whips cant go on the record for these votes so Id say its probably reasonably accurate (especially as most truss loyalists - which most whips would have been hve transferred to Johnson)

Current standing is
Rishi 62 (inc 1 off the record)
Boris 58 (inc 17 off the record)
Mordaunt 20 (inc 2 off the record)

39% of MPS declared

extrapolate out and you would have something like

Rishi 159
Boris 148
Mordaunt 50

Id always put a +/- 10% on the figures as a minimum because who would trust an MP but as it stands Rishi and Boris both look like they have a good chance of making the final two and I'm not sure I see either of them standing aside for the other one

Let's be honest they probably don't give shit, those are expats popcorns looking back. I can see Paul the Wolf and 11101 represented.

I refuse to be called an expat. I'm an immigrant.
Every day there's a "let's laugh at the UK" comedy half hour on TV .
If people are feeling down or things are hard ,this cheers them up knowing that they are lucky not to be living in the UK.

Possible but they are going to need lot of MPS to come out publicly between now and then for Rishi

At the moment its

Rishi... 57
Boris... 52
Mourdaunt... 20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...?pru=AAABhB2nDJ0*Xql0Do2fwlKotsxsSrDYZw#gid=0

with 228 votes up for grabs I don't think the numbers will be enough to pursue him to drop out

He may however think the next election is gone anyway and he can make rishis life hell by regulrly saying he has no mandate and calling for a GE from the back benches ready to run next time - that might be what persuades him not to run

I don't know, as I said earlier the first thing I thought looking at the list was just how many anonymous votes Boris has compared to the others. It stands currently at 17, 2, 1 for Boris, Mourdant and Sunak respectively. If Guido is campaigning for Boris this is a way in which he can make Boris's support look significantly greater than it is. Take the 17 anonymous votes off Boris and he has 41. The potential scam could work if undeclared Tory MPs look at Guido's list for reference if they are thinking of voting strategically.

I've heard a rumour The Lettuce was not actually born in the UK and thus was ineligible to run against Liz "Colt 44" Truss.

Braverman claims to have photos of the plane that deported the lettuce to the Netherlands.

100%. hes the right person to lead are country. the alternative is a labor goverment immigrant who forces us to let foreners into are homes and sexually assault are women whilst we have to sit their and pour are lose change into there pockets. bring back boris. he understands.

Wait, there's an actual, realistic chance of Boris Johnson returning?

That's absolutely hilarious. I'd piss myself if that happened. I mean, sure, I feel sorry for the actual people of the United Kingdom but even they cannot deny this would be outstanding clownery.

Wait, there's an actual, realistic chance of Boris Johnson returning?

That's absolutely hilarious. I'd piss myself if that happened. I mean, sure, I feel sorry for the actual people of the United Kingdom but even they cannot deny this would be outstanding clownery.

if i’m going to be fecked in the mouth i’d prefer the people doing it to not pretend it’s a stick of brighton rock.

If Boris wants it he'll get it. Most people who aren't heavily online don't know or care about his day to day misdemeanours and only remember a few funny clips about him. They don't watch Stefanovic's little video, read Russ in Cheshire's shit tweets or have every lie he's told saved as a screenshot. They just don't care

This is spot on from what I hear all of the time. Throw in Ukraine, Covid was a global issue and he did his best and everything else is the same across the world not just Britain.

If Boris wants it he'll get it. Most people who aren't heavily online don't know or care about his day to day misdemeanours and only remember a few funny clips about him. They don't watch Stefanovic's little video, read Russ in Cheshire's shit tweets or have every lie he's told saved as a screenshot. They just don't care

This is precisely it.
Unserious nation.

100%. hes the right person to lead are country. the alternative is a labor goverment immigrant who forces us to let foreners into are homes and sexually assault are women whilst we have to sit their and pour are lose change into there pockets. bring back boris. he understands.

Throw in some wokeness and you’ve in the nail on the head.